• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Trailer (Guerrilla, post-apocalyptic pre-historic adventure)

Red Hood

Banned
Same. I returned ShadowFall after a week, such mediocre overhyped shit, but this looks awesome.

Overhyped? Pretty sure it got lukewarm reviews from a lot of people. Holds a 73 at Metacritics now and 74% at GameRankings, which (for AAA games) can be considered a pretty low score.

Showaddy

Overhyped? Pretty sure it got lukewarm reviews from a lot of people. Holds a 73 at Metacritics now and 74% at GameRankings, which (for AAA games) can be considered a pretty low score.

Seemed lukewarm at the time of release but compared to a load of the broken at launch pieces of crap we've been served up since it was pretty damn underrated.

Wow, just saw the footage on gamersyde. Amazing.

lX62RgO.gif

5076tRB.gif

Akainu

Hey GAF!

Mark Norris, Senior Producer on Horizon Zero Dawn here. I just wanted to say thanks so much for the kind words from many of you on the thread here so far, and that some of your questions (but definitely not all!) will be answered over the course of the next couple days.

One thing I can confirm for you is that every single shot in the demo video was taken from in-game, and those locations are discoverable over the course of your journey.

I'll let you get back to the regularly scheduled speculation :)

kudos on actually having gameplay for your reveal and not just some cg trailer.

Jigolo

Since when were open world ROLE PLAYING GAMES required to have MP?

I must've missed that memo.
Well there is at least 1 in all the ones I can think of that has it(MH), just 1. Lol

But anyway if they do decide to add MP to the sequel I wouldn't mind. GG knows how to do multiplayer. If they don't, I don't mind either, keep the games SP and story focused.

The Holy Trifecta made Sony's E3 one for the history books but this game is easily among my favourites thus far. Everything about it just screams awesome. And on a more personal note, I'm glad that this game is using the third-person perspective. As someone who couldn't play a lot of FPS games due to motion sickness, it would be incredibly sad to miss out on a game that has a very promising premise.

Great job, GG! Couldn't wait to hear more about this game and finally play it.

kyser73

Goddam I can't stop watching the trailer. Looks so good on a TV.

Knowing GG I'm happy the finished product will look at least as good, if not better in places.

Voke

Banned
I don't see the issue in it not having MP, Tomb Raider didn't need it. Also this is a open world RPG, so im sure the replay value is in there.

IKizzLE

Current most anticipated game. Absolutely incredible; so unique. I just want to play this shit now.

As long as this game has a coherent story and meaningful side quests, it'll probably be guerrilla s best selling game by a landslide.

krioto

This looks fantastic - GG really know how to create a world.

Gameplay looks tight, and as long as the protagonist's internal dialogue is toned down, I will be in line day 1.

This looks fantastic - GG really know how to create a world.

Gameplay looks tight, and as long as the protagonist's internal dialogue is toned down, I will be in line day 1.

I'm pretty sure it was some sort of tutorial level or created especially for demonstration purposes. I expect that further in the game it will become toned down and more 'meaningful'.

Maybe my favorite thing about the whole demo was the art direction. It pushed all my buttons. And now we've learned that all those places in the demo flyover are real and explorable?

This is like my dream game that I've never dreamed of because I'm not cool enough.

Top Bottom