• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate Summer Games Fest 2024?

How do you rate Summer Games Fest 2024?

• A

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • B

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • C

Votes: 52 14.1%
  • D

Votes: 67 18.1%
  • E

Votes: 53 14.3%
  • F

Votes: 184 49.7%

• Total voters
Test Fail GIF by P!NK

POKEYCLYDE

I rank it D. It's not an F because they did set expectations low. But it really had absolutely nothing exciting to me.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Only NEW cool games announced were the Power Rangers one, and Killer Bean.

For a 2 hours show that was kinda fucked up.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Watching it on YT right now, so far it's an F.

Haven't reached the Alan Wake 2 par, that will bump it one grade by default.

Senua

Gold Member
E because the Kingdom come deliverance 2 trailer was awesome. And I liked seeing Sam lakes face

YCoCg

Gold Member
C because unlike the State of Play (which I gave a D) it had more than one game I'd like to buy, that may sound like a low bar but hey, if I come out of a show with around 4 or 5 games to try then it isn't bad, it's average.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Geoff even warned us to keep our expectations low. Which I did.

But I figure maybe he got the new borderlands game trailer, or a teaser for gears 6 into a full trailer at the Xbox event, or something…

My man just assured I will never tune in again to one of these.

SJRB

Gold Member
C.

Keighley told us not to get too excited and he was right. Tons of games, all of them super mid at best. Insane amount of indie games, which is good because indie devs deserve a spotlight, but it lacked literally any banger to balance it all out.

Denton

I mean, there were like three decent trailers and one fantastic one, but overall, I am not vibing with what this industry is making.
Fortunately, there are still plenty of games for me even if they are not showed at summer game fest.

Success

Gold Member
D

It was just boring.

At least Geoff tempered expectations before the show so I will give me an A+ for that move.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
F

That was awful. Literally nothing interesting beside AWII and KCDII, which were already know.

mortal

Don't use E in the USA. Although I did appreciate the variety of titles, that was a D for me.

Phantom Blade Zero sort of looks cool, I guess.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
C.

Keighley told us not to get too excited and he was right. Tons of games, all of them super mid at best. Insane amount of indie games, which is good because indie devs deserve a spotlight, but it lacked literally any banger to balance it all out.
Don’t we have enough indie showcases though? Isn’t one specifically for indies? Then there’s devolver event and a lot of PC game show is indies too.

To add to that none of these were a loop hero or Inscryption level indie to be hyped for.

This wasn’t a “mid” show. It was Geoff scamming $250,000 checks from people.

F+ because Phantom Blade 0. Everything else to be forgotten, every game or almost every game, even an idiotic indie about mountain climbing, is totally woke. Not to mention the art direction of everyone, even Monster Hunter Wilds itself, which looks worse than the very ugly and useless Dune Awakening. Mah, at this point better retrogaming.

Bartski

Gold Member
The only really good thing except Phantom Blade 0 was Space Marine 2 preorder trailer which I think wasn't even new.
I'll check Alan Wake 2 DLC but overall this was a complete waste of time

The lukewarm reception in the audience says everything.

I enjoy some indies , however a lot of these games look like they are made from a console game maker like Dreams or something. It all feels so soulless.

As for this keep expectations low stuff They weren’t high to say the least but isn’t it sad how more and more we are seeing this kind of talk for these things when it should be exciting and fun as something to look forward to? There is something off about it all, are you telling me out of all the developers in this world there isn’t at least one game that could make an impact and gain substantial excitement out of a show like this?

Said it earlier, I’m tired of Geoff as well. Maybe a successor would have similar problems but this guy, he’s stale imo and the act stinks. His co presenter, she was terrible, like some beta AI AR test with test to speech delivery. Very odd.

E3 has had some stinkers in terms of conferences but this has to be one of the worst i have seen. Absolutely soulless.

All you fuckers are so negative. You got to look at the silver lining. With the big pubs all making a mad dash for ai assets for creative development, GaaS monetization, and increasing base prices, these games will look like the Halcyon Golden age in 5 years by comparison.

Shit.... I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom