• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate Summer Games Fest 2024?

How do you rate Summer Games Fest 2024?

• A

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • B

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • C

Votes: 52 14.1%
  • D

Votes: 67 18.1%
  • E

Votes: 53 14.3%
  • F

Votes: 184 49.7%

• Total voters

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Was there anything at all notable? I missed the whole thing. Any surprises at all?

Fbh

F
Probably the worst Keighley show yet.
Didnt watch it live but skipped through it when I got home and even that way I want my 15 mins back

CherryFalls

In terms of new announcements (so not including things like kingdom come trailer) it was probably the worst game showcase of all time.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
ngl, this is worst than the state of play, i was boreeeedddd

Last edited:

IAmRei

poop GIF by SB Nation
I guess that's "SS" for sheety sheet

Ozzie666

So without the trailers, this event is nothing. But the developer takes all the financial risk to create and pay for the trailer segments?
Seems a bit backwards.

I know some people like those artisy indy games but seriously.
giphy.gif

I do. As much as I like a Mass Effect, a GTA or a Witcher I also like indies. This tho? Bland doesn’t even cover it. Every trailer is almost exactly the same template and sound mix, nothing stands out , steam asset looking games, pretentious shite trying to play on peoples emotions.

The Geoff circus is growing stale. And in December he will do exactly the same routine as before. Same people (Kojima and Death Stranding 2) , more Celebs and an overly long show to fill as many ads/sponsors as possible.

I’m approaching middle age so that may play a part in how feel , man, that was horrible tho. Something is off with this industry, the expectations for excitement seem to be put back on the consumer rather than the ones supposed to deliver it.

A good or bad show, that man must be cleaning up financially and certainly egotistically .

AJUMP23

It was average. I think Jeff undersold what he was bringing in some ways and showed off some interesting titles. A lot of filler but overall mediocre.

realcool

Spiritually, the show gets an A for its live energy and fan excitement, but I rated it an F because absolutely nothing featured interested me. Hobo Bison did look cool, though.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Splitterhead
Power Rangers Rita's Reverse
Kingdom Come Deliverance II
Enotria the last song
Neva
Black Myth Wukong
Fatal Fury City of the Wolves
Monster Hunter Stories 1 and 2 Remastered PS4 Releases
DragonBall Sparking Zero
Space Marine 2
Elena <3 SF6 DLC
Metaphor Re Fantasia
Sonic and Shadow Generations (Best Sonic Game, fight me)
Kunitsu-Gami - Next month? Physical? Please?
Phantom Blood 0 - Looks absolutely amazing!

Admittedly a lot of that was announced long before.

Conference I will give a D for Damn, that was a waste of time.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The media is trying to protect gaming, you’re dealing with greedy corporations who don’t know what gamers want that’s for sure.

- Thank Goddness You Are Here: Awful art style.

- Hairy Potter: :lollipop_sleepy::lollipop_sleepy::lollipop_sleepy:

- Neva: Looks very pretty, but that's it 🤷🏽‍♂️

- Sid Mei... 🥱

- Warhammer: Space Marines are boring.

- Street Fighter 6: Besides Bison and Elena, awful picks.

- Dragon Ball: :lollipop_sleepy::lollipop_sleepy::lollipop_sleepy:

- Delta Force: Boring Hurah-Hurah Soldier Gun Gun Gun game.

- Fatal Fury/Garou 2 stuff: Fantastic stuff!

- LEGO Horizon: Boooooooooooring.

- WanderShop: No comment.

- Unknown 9: No comment.

- The First Descendant: No comment.

- Sonic X Shadow: 🤷🏽‍♂️

- Dune: Cinemaaaatics, Movies!

- Alan Wake 2: Zzzzzzzzzz

- New World: zzzzzzzzzz

- Honkai: Zzzzzzzzzz

- Matchbox: Zzzzzzzzz

- Kunitsu: Eh.

- Valorant: Zzzzzzzzz

- Monster Hunter: Cool.

- Phantom Blade Zero: Beautiful animation work. If it will be fun to PLAY, I can't tell...

- Black Myth: I thought this game was out already?... Anyway, eh...

- Fear of the Spotlight: Zzzzzzzzz

I can't finish this...

Besides the Garou stuff, Monster Hunter, Phantom Blade, and Elena/Bison, it was a total snore fest.

Who fucking cares about Harry Potter? Jesus Christ...

yurinka

I think it has been pretty good, no megatons but had a lot of very cool stuff: Lego Horizon, Street Fighter 6 Season 2 characters, B. Jenet in the new Fatal Fury looking great, Phantom Blade 0, Kunitsu-gami, Wukong, Neva, MH Wilds, Warhammer Space Marines 2, Valorant now on consoles, Cain, Enotria,Metaphor, Kingdom Come 2, Power Rangers pixel art beat'em up, The First Descendant...

C

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I obviously haven't watched this 3 hour snoozefest, but based on what was shown and the games that were announced... F

- Thank Goddness You Are Here: Awful art style.

- Hairy Potter: :lollipop_sleepy::lollipop_sleepy::lollipop_sleepy:

- Neva: Looks very pretty, but that's it 🤷🏽‍♂️

- Sid Mei... 🥱

- Warhammer: Space Marines are boring.

- Street Fighter 6: Besides Bison and Elena, awful picks.

- Dragon Ball: :lollipop_sleepy::lollipop_sleepy::lollipop_sleepy:

- Delta Force: Boring Hurah-Hurah Soldier Gun Gun Gun game.

- Fatal Fury/Garou 2 stuff: Fantastic stuff!

- LEGO Horizon: Boooooooooooring.

- WanderShop: No comment.

- Unknown 9: No comment.

- The First Descendant: No comment.

- Sonic X Shadow: 🤷🏽‍♂️

- Dune: Cinemaaaatics, Movies!

- Alan Wake 2: Zzzzzzzzzz

- New World: zzzzzzzzzz

- Honkai: Zzzzzzzzzz

- Matchbox: Zzzzzzzzz

- Kunitsu: Eh.

- Valorant: Zzzzzzzzz

- Monster Hunter: Cool.

- Phantom Blade Zero: Beautiful animation work. If it will be fun to PLAY, I can't tell...

- Black Myth: I thought this game was out already?... Anyway, eh...

- Fear of the Spotlight: Zzzzzzzzz

I can't finish this...

Besides the Garou stuff, Monster Hunter, Phantom Blade, and Elena/Bison, it was a total snore fest.

Who fucking cares about Harry Potter? Jesus Christ...

Who cares about Harry Potter? Are you retarded? Hogwarts Legacy was the best selling game last year, so apparently lots of people do.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

C since Keeley tempered expectations. Much better than PS show which I gave a D. Slitterhead looks cool to me. The surprise drop of the Alan Wake 2 DLC was great! Phantom Blade looked hot. More side scrolling beat em up action(Power Rangers) was nice too.

Dazraell

Gold Member
It would probably be closer to D, but I don't feel it was that bad. I might be biased though as I find myself leaning more towards indie games + AA than AAA stuff nowadays. That said, there were a few games which piqued my interest with intention of looking them up

Kingdom Come Deliverance II and Alan Wake II: Night Springs were my highlights, both had solid trailers. The games that interested me are Cairn, Battle Aces and Deer & Boy. Arkham game on VR looks really faithful to past Arkham games, I was positively surprised they even got Roger Craig Smith back as Batman. I always thought his role in Arkham Origins will remain as one time thing

LEGO Horizon looks intresting. I feel it's something more for younger audience and I can see it being popular, although a lot of that humor in that trailer felt a bit too cringy for my liking

I wouldn't cross out Quidditch Champions too. Warner was doing internal playtests for this game for more than a year and while there hasn't been a lot of things about it for understandable reasons (each participant had to sign NDA), sometimes some things have leaked and these impressions were very positive

SCB3

Honestly, I had it on muted whilst watching the new Destiny Raid Race and I unmuted it once, for Monster Hunter Wild, there was just nothing standing out here for me.

I went back and checked this morning and if I had to pick any I may play:

• Monster Hunter Wild
  • Lego Horizon
  • Power Rangers
  • Sonic X Shadow
  • Black Myth: Wukong
Not much there though and ones a remake, guess it may be a year to invest more into my backlog again

Oh and a new Batman Arkham Game! On FUCKING VR!!!! Great....

Last edited:
I don’t get it, this is supposed to be the thing instead of E3, but there was not really anything surprising.

I guess the companies want to keep their big announcements for themselves and just throw some bones at Keighley.

Especially the ending was so abprupt, sure that game looks like fun, but if you put it as a showclosee, it shows that you don’t really have anything.

Dazraell

Gold Member
I mean Kevin Conroy is dead and Troy Baker probably costs far too much these days
I guess so. I always assumed it'll be Troy Baker or someone who played Batman in animated stuff like Jason O'Mara or Jensen Ackles. Seeing Craig Smith back was a positive surprise considering how weird WB is with consistently treating Origins like a black sheep and ignoring it

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Civ 7
Kingdom Come Deliverance 2
Slitherhead
The game from the Dead Cells guys
Metaphor
(maybe) the meta game from the Stanley Parable dev

There were a few good parts in an ocean of shit and way too many trailers with 0 gameplay. C.

Top Bottom