• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors live-stream on July 24 at 11PM JST / 4PM CET / 10AM EST / 7AM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I play them because they are fun. Not for grinding or whatever. I love re-playing characters many times. The reason why the games are so fun is because of the roster. If you only had one character to play as then they would probably be broing. Imo the character rosters make the Warrior games.

Playing beat 'em up games with characters you like is fun, I agree with that, and that's why mosou games need rosters to sell. You wont replay/grind that much if you don't like the rosters, doesn't worth it. And all the xtreme legends/hyper/ultimate version make the franchise feels cheap, whenever Koei announce a new mosou game, people expect to see a superior version in six months. I'm sure people hype for HW because of TLoZ, not mosou serious. Compare a spin-off with SSB and Witcher is really weird IMO.

Saria, out of all the characters in Zelda, doesn't strike me as the warrior type. I guess she could play her ocarina and/or use sage powers... IDK

Bug Princess is even less so since the is a castle girl and does not seem to be use to hard work

Saria is hopefully in

Playing beat 'em up games with characters you like is fun, I agree with that, and that's why mosou games need rosters to sell. You wont replay/grind that much if you don't like the rosters, doesn't worth it. And all the xtreme legends/hyper/ultimate version make the franchise feels cheap, whenever Koei announce a new mosou game, people expect to see a superior version in six months. I'm sure people hype for HW because of TLoZ, not mosou serious. Compare a spin-off with SSB and Witcher is really weird IMO.

I still haven't played that many musou games, mostly the Pirate Warriors series and I'll soon dive into Warriors Orochi, but lots of games get new editions over time, especially after six months. PW hasn't had any legends/hyper/ultimate editions though so chances are HW doesn't either.

But yeah of course most people are excited for HW because of LoZ, personally I'm excited for both of the franchises. And spin-offs aren't weird at all to me, they just need to be done well. In fact, most Nintendo franchises have had spin-offs. Maybe even all of them. Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong and Zelda have all had plenty of spin-offs with varied results, usually good though. Witcher is also getting a spin-off.

Saria, out of all the characters in Zelda, doesn't strike me as the warrior type. I guess she could play her ocarina and/or use sage powers... IDK

I know they never would but making Saria into basically a female (young) Link would be so awesome. Give her the Kokiri Sword and Deku Shield and maybe the slingshot or something. Would be awesome to finally have a female Link equivalent.

Failing that just make her fairy lady with magic grass powers *shrug*

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I know they never would but making Saria into basically a female (young) Link would be so awesome. Give her the Kokiri Sword and Deku Shield and maybe the slingshot or something. Would be awesome to finally have a female Link equivalent.

Failing that just make her fairy lady with magic grass powers *shrug*

Would rather play as the humanoid version of the Deku Tree.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Is this a real list of best-selling musou games? Is there a place where I can get a complete list, and also did PW really sell better than the main series? Please let there be a PW3 in the works.

you can look at Garaph site. Look for "Game search", input "Warriros" with the % symbol before and after the name of the game, and click. You should get a list of Japanese Warriors (Dinasty, Samurai, One Piece, Kens, Gundam...) games performance
You'll see that in the PS2 era Dinasty and Samurai were able to cross the million mark, but that in the PS3 era (I think that those two consoles are the best for Musou games) the numbers saw a decline, with the licensed version able to outsold a good amount of classic iterations on the same hardware.
For Ken's rage adn Pirate warriors btw (more or less, don't balme me!):

PS3 Fist of the north star ....589k
360 Fist of the north star ...35k
PS3 Fist of the north star 2 ....242k
Wii U Fist of the north star 2 ....7k

PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors .......830k
PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2....415k

It must also be said that the second iteration of both One Piece and Ken performed worst than the first episode, by far.

you can look at Garaph site. Look for "Game search", input "Warriros" with the % symbol before and after the name of the game, and click. You should get a list of Japanese Warriors (Dinasty, Samurai, One Piece, Kens, Gundam...) games performance
You'll see that in the PS2 era Dinasty and Samurai were able to cross the million mark, but that in the PS3 era (I think that those two consoles are the best for Musou games) the numbers saw a decline, with the licensed version able to outsold a good amount of classic iterations on the same hardware.
For Ken's rage adn Pirate warriors btw (more or less, don't balme me!):

PS3 Fist of the north star ....589k
360 Fist of the north star ...35k
PS3 Fist of the north star 2 ....242k
Wii U Fist of the north star 2 ....7k

PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors .......830k
PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2....415k

It must also be said that the second iteration of both One Piece and Ken performed worst than the first episode, by far.

Is this a real list of best-selling musou games? Is there a place where I can get a complete list, and also did PW really sell better than the main series? Please let there be a PW3 in the works.

garaph is sometimes outdated.

just type in japanltdrank into google.

L~A

Stream has started, but not the Hyrule Warriors part (2h more to wait). Anyone can set up a secondary stream? :s

squall23

Stream has started, but not the Hyrule Warriors part (2h more to wait). Anyone can set up a secondary stream? :s
I think a better question is can somebody record it. Because only premium accounts can watch archived live shows.

L~A

I think a better question is can somebody record it. Because only premium accounts can watch archived live shows.

Well... only a Premium Member can watch the whole thing without getting kicked out, and therefore, no one else can record the show itself ;)

But it seems all good so far, haven't been kicked out so far.

Pikma

Banned
Man enjoying/playing Hyrule Warriors will be my guiltiest gaming pleasure ever. I just want online co-op to be confirmed to seal the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom