• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Chief Creative Officer Brian Hastings speaks out on the PS3

I don't think the PS3 will be a big success, and may yet be a huge failure. However, I agree with mosr of the points made.

The market may not agree, but generally, they are true. The "Wii fad" is one I don't agree with-- nobody knows how that will go. And "Something for everyone" has been true for past Sony consoles, but far from certain right now.

And I am amazed that people dismiss the XBL argument out of hand. At the least, it costs $50 more than the advertised price to play XBL. That makes the price difference between the two systems that much smaller. Do any of the HD-DVD add-on, XBL-subscribed GAFfers think they paid less for a 360 than a PS3 costs?

tanod

when is my burrito
How does this

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Anyone want to make a bet that Guitar Hero 2 will outsell every E-T rated game on PS3 in North America in the April NPD?
have anything to do with this???

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Thus nullifying the "360 fans only buy M-rated games" nonsense that has already been proven wrong by Call of Duty, Fight Night, Madden, DOA4, Need for Speed, etc? I'd even go so far as to say Forza 2 will outsell MotorStorm and F1's LTD combined when it releases in May.
Do you mean to say that the 360 version will outsell every other game on the 360 because that would make sense in dispelling the supposed nonsense of which you speak?

*resisting urge to argue about PS2 vs. 360 sales of GH 2*

ROFL

Hail Britannia
quest said:
Last time I looked the PS3 did well in NA and Japan for the first month. Once the hardcore gamers got them sales went way down. If the PS3 is still selling at a record pace in 2 months then we can talk.

So what do you want to talk about in 2 months then? The weather? Your life playing video games? Will we have "regime changed" Iran by then? That the PS3's sales will likely drop off rapidly after a long-anticipated launch? A very likely possibility I would think...

birdchili

the ps3 will be in fine shape if what sony says regarding a 10-year cycle this time comes true. it's *extremely* premature to forecast a 360 worldwide sales victory, but sony is going to sell those first few million a lot more slowly than they sold the first few million ps2s. if people are looking at some nifty new systems in five years that are somehow compelling beyond the ps3 then there isn't going to be a ps2 repeat.

wii is only going to be a fad if the only good games that anyone releases are the same quick-play party games. if it can build a good first *and* third party library of diverse titles, it's going to sell like gangbusters for years.

according to wikipedia, insomniac has never put out a game for a non-sony platform...

theBishop

Banned
squatingyeti said:
Is it our fault you couldn't do texture streaming? Oh yeah, the great BD streaming was the problem. The high-definition mpegs were a total waste. You took still shots and used more space to make them into mpegs.

Did you see what he said? Texture Streaming makes for bigger games. Texture Streaming allows you do use high res textures for everything. If you're using high res textures for everything, you need more storage. The reason Resistance takes more space on disc than Gears (besides the video) is because it has twice as many levels.

Ratchet and Clank will have texture streaming, so if the game is similar size compared to Resistance, it'll need MORE space on the disc.

squatingyeti said:
Will we? Let's talk about the available RAM. You can only do what the available RAM can handle. Since when did the PS3 have the advantage of available RAM? He wants to talk about how the GPU for 360 is "slightly" better, but doesn't expand on how the GPU hasn't been fully taken advantage of with unified architecture and eDRAM. On the other hand, he graciously points out how the Cell hasn't been taken advantage of yet which will lead to big differences. Slanted view to say the least by ignoring one component in your competitors system that hasn't really been taken advantage of and talking about a component in your system (and I say your because the PS3 IS Insomniac's system).

Processing time is not related to RAM requirements. You can have a 16KB application that is more taxing on the CPU than one that is 16MB.

But since you brought it up, I could point out that the system bus between the Cell and XDR is 3x faster than the GDDR3 that feeds the Xenon.

Obviously neither system is being pushed to 100% potential (which they never will be), but PS3 inarguably has more room to grow. The difficulty of programming for the system is a function of that.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
ROFL said:
It broke records in Europe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6499841.stm

< More than a million consoles were shipped across Europe on launch day last week with 600,000 sold. >

< http://gameover.sapo.pt/article.html?id=32258

Belgium sold 80% of their PS3 54.000 units

Portugal sold 90% of their PS3 >

etc.

Yes, that's impressive, and I'm not denying that. But everyone should learn by now after seeing the U.S. launch that the real test is to see if PS3 continues that momentum. And as funny as it may sound, right now the PS3 is the one that has to prove itself.

Emowii

Banned
plagiarize said:
the blog post is no better than the posts here though, nor does it come from a better opinion. he isn't a market analyst. he doesn't decide which system his company makes games for. he's just someone shooting from the hip on these things like the rest of us.

he's making long term prognosises longer than most anyone here is... and there are things in his post that are factually wrong, and other things which are highly debatable.

even then, those things don't guarantee Sony success. they are just factors that might contribute to it. heck, we'll probably never be able to pin it down to a list of factors like this, should the PS3 come out on top.
My point was simply that no one should be making statements about either systems demise, and the Insomniac guy never tried to claim the 360 was on it's way out either. He simply made his case for why the PS3 can compete for the long haul. It's only Xbots who are making the outlandish claims right now. This blogpost is just a refutiation of those claims.

I have to really take what he says with a grain of salt. Insomniac may be independant of Sony but the fact remains that he is vested in Sony.

However, most of what he said I have to agree with, either in fact or in strong potential.

The main thing I'm unmoved on is the "Wii is a fad" argument. I've presented the potential for it be be true myself. But I did so much more in theory and with much less certaintity. I disagree that he can really so conclusively write-off that the Wii will only receive "Wii" esque games. They desperately need more content games to succeed, but there is a large chance they'll receive them, especially in Japan.

It would only take a couple big action games from the west and a couple big roleplaying games from Japan to really support the content and narrative line-up of basically just Zelda and Mario & friends right now.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Ignatz Mouse said:
I don't think the PS3 will be a big success, and may yet be a huge failure. However, I agree with mosr of the points made.

The market may not agree, but generally, they are true. The "Wii fad" is one I don't agree with-- nobody knows how that will go. And "Something for everyone" has been true for past Sony consoles, but far from certain right now.

And I am amazed that people dismiss the XBL argument out of hand. At the least, it costs $50 more than the advertised price to play XBL. That makes the price difference between the two systems that much smaller. Do any of the HD-DVD add-on, XBL-subscribed GAFfers think they paid less for a 360 than a PS3 costs?

Why did you bring HD-DVD addons in to this? HD-DVD is not involved at all with my GAMING experience. I could care less about either HD-DVD or BD. I only want to know which, if either, format is going to be taking over my DVD collection. At that point 5+years from now, I'll care. By the way, what's the HDTV percentage in Europe? It costs more than the advertised price to watch a movie in HD on the PS3. In fact, if your TV isn't right, you're not watching them in HD anyway. It costs more than free to be able to have voice communication on PSN. Let's start bringing in all kinds of retarded prices in lol.

It doesn't matter, the hardcore will not drive your system to great success. The casuals will. They care about games, and price. BOTH make a difference.

Shompola

Banned
theBishop said:
But since you brought it up, I could point out that the system bus between the Cell and XDR is 3x faster than the GDDR3 that feeds the Xenon.

13%-14% more bandwidth, hardly 3x more. However, Xenon shares it with Xenos. So for your benefit lets say the XDR has 2x more bandwidth, most likely a best case (peak rate) for CEL/XDR in real world applications (games). I am trying to simplify it here and not count in the EDRAM on Xenos at all as it will make things complicated. still not 3x more bandiwidth :)

OverHeat

« generous god »
I hate when a DEV who do not have all dev.kit make post like this.
Im sure he played with a 360 dev kit.....not

D.Cowboys said:
So is the believing that the 360 and ps3 GPU's are slighty equal.

I believe, cell is more powerful than Xenon. Xenos is also much more powerful than RSX.
What?!?!? Tell me what you know then that proves the 360's GPU is so far superior.

M3Freak said:
Yeah, it's gotten pretty bad. There is a lot of Sony hating, even when you have games like R:Fom or Motorstorm punching you in the gut with their awesomeness.

As for the blog, I agree with what he's said.

The "Wii is a fad statement": if it walks like duck, and talks like a duck, it's a duck. That's not to say the Wii won't be popular after the fad is over - it still will be. But, it won't be at insanity level like it is now.

HDMI is important. I'd be super ass pissed if I bought a $6000 HDTV and the PS3 didn't support the best video connection technology avaialble. Hell, If I bought a $2000 HDTV and didn't have HDMI I would be pissed.

BD for games is necessary because it gives the dev room. Just like you can never have enough RAM, you can never have enough storage. Not having to worry about filling the disk will affect how games are developed for the PS3.

Home is going to be awesome. People deriding it haven't considered everything. Hell, it would be usefull for the GAF Resistance clan RIGHT NOW. For example, a bunch of us were playing Motorstorm one day. We started talking about wanting to play Resistance, and so some said we'd meet up online and get some games in. But, some of us were confused or weren't sure if people were really going to play, so it never happened. If we could have met in Home, discussed what to do, and then launched Resistance, we all could have seamlessly gone from playing one game to another - THAT'S FOOKING CONVENIENT AS HELL. Home is going to rock.

Anyway, I'm loving my PS3. Give me more games like Resistance, and it's going to stomp all over the competition, including the PS2.
Can someone tell me how to +rep, since I'm new here:)

ROFL

Hail Britannia
PhatSaqs said:
Moral must be low in the office...

Yeah, super low I would think...

9685software.png

ratchet-and-clank-future-tools-of-destruction-screenshot-big.jpg

(nice bum, by the way)

tanod said:
How does this

have anything to do with this???

Do you mean to say that the 360 version will outsell every other game on the 360 because that would make sense in dispelling the supposed nonsense of which you speak?

*resisting urge to argue about PS2 vs. 360 sales of GH 2*

I was referring to this:

One of Sony’s biggest advantages is that it has strong franchises in every genre. Whereas Microsoft’s successful titles are mostly M-rated, and Nintendo’s are mostly E-rated, Sony has a big list of hit titles across the spectrum. When a 30-something gamer (like me) goes to buy a game console, it’s a lot easier to justify the purchase when there are games he can play with his kids as well as more mature stuff.

Because it's utter horse****. He's trying to marginalize the success of the 360 and Wii by claiming that MS only caters to the 17+ demographic, and Nintendo only caters to kids, while Sony manages to cater to everyone.

Looking at the 360/PS3/Wii right now (yes, that's right, it means ignoring the Xbox/PS2/GCN because they don't have crap to do with how the current consoles are selling), and across announced games for 2007, the 360 has a more diverse software library than either the Wii or the PS3, across every genre sans platformers.

Guitar Hero II will be a hit on 360, just as it was on PS2 (though I doubt it will sell 1:1 given the difference in price and availability over the holiday season for Sony's version), just as the other quality E-T rated software I listed above has been able to sell on MS' box alongside the strong-selling M rated software.

He made a terrible point, and I used an obvious example to tear it down.

squatingyeti said:
Why did you bring HD-DVD addons in to this? HD-DVD is not involved at all with my GAMING experience. I could care less about either HD-DVD or BD. I only want to know which, if either, format is going to be taking over my DVD collection. At that point 5+years from now, I'll care. By the way, what's the HDTV percentage in Europe? It costs more than the advertised price to watch a movie in HD on the PS3. In fact, if your TV isn't right, you're not watching them in HD anyway. It costs more than free to be able to have voice communication on PSN. Let's start bringing in all kinds of retarded prices in lol.

It doesn't matter, the hardcore will not drive your system to great success. The casuals will. They care about games, and price. BOTH make a difference.

Read what I wrote. I said that the price gap between the two (if you are using XBL) is less than it appears-- and then went on to ask if any of the GAFfers who *do* care about HD and bought an HD-DVD think that they spent less than a PS3.

For those who *do* care about HD and online, the PS3 is substantially cheaper than the 360.

And as I said in my post, if the market thinks otherwise, it won't matter what is true.

Jammy

Banned
I enjoyed laughing at his comments on the Wii. He seems hurt that Resistance wasn't able to pull the numbers it deserves while Wii software is selling very well.

spwolf

Sho_Nuff82 said:
I was referring to this:

Because it's utter horse****. He's trying to marginalize the success of the 360 and Wii by claiming that MS only caters to the 17+ demographic, and Nintendo only caters to kids, while Sony manages to cater to everyone.

It is really the truth.... 360 is full of shooters, and Nintendo is full of kids games.
PS is somewhere in between.

Guitar Hero II is an PS2 port, that came to Xbox a lot later than to PS2...

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Did you see what he said? Texture Streaming makes for bigger games. Texture Streaming allows you do use high res textures for everything. If you're using high res textures for everything, you need more storage. The reason Resistance takes more space on disc than Gears (besides the video) is because it has twice as many levels.

Ratchet and Clank will have texture streaming, so if the game is similar size compared to Resistance, it'll need MORE space on the disc.
I'm sorry, maybe you didn't read it. Gears of War uses texture streaming, but it works out just fine. I guess we can all just gloss over the fact that his PS2 game size numbers were utter dogsh!t too. We don't really know the real reasons why one game is bigger than the other. We can only believe whatever we're told. I do know Mass Effect is going on 1 Disc, and if someone wants to argue Resistance will be a "bigger" game than ME, forgive me if I laugh.

Processing time is not related to RAM requirements. You can have a 16KB application that is more taxing on the CPU than one that is 16MB.

Obviously neither system is being pushed to 100% potential (which they never will be), but PS3 inarguably has more room to grow. The difficulty of programming for the system is a function of that.
There people go again claiming it has more room to grow based on the Cell. That is simply using a component of one system that hasn't been taken advantage of, while ignoring another system's component that hasn't been taken advantage of. My idea of bringing up RAM was to point out he ONLY talks about benefits of the PS3. Guess what, the PS3 is lacking available RAM. Even worse, XDR loses any benefit over GDDR3 when it's used for VRAM. RAM is even a bigger issue if (and this is another area that devs have yet to take advantage of on 360 that was ignored) devs start using predicated tiling and take extreme advantage of the eDRAM. The PS3 must use GDDR3 RAM for the framebuffer, thus sucking away more valuable space.

We could go round and round, but I'm simply pointing out how one sided this whole blog was. Completely ignoring things on one side, while overstating things on the other. Cell is no more underutilized than Xenos and the eDRAM. It doesn't matter what people will say, games will always look better with more available RAM. In fact, games can do EVERYTHING better with more available RAM. Once again, if someone doesn't understand this, maybe you should read some more on why this is.

spwolf

birdchili said:
the ps3 will be in fine shape if what sony says regarding a 10-year cycle this time comes true. it's *extremely* premature to forecast a 360 worldwide sales victory, but sony is going to sell those first few million a lot more slowly than they sold the first few million ps2s. if people are looking at some nifty new systems in five years that are somehow compelling beyond the ps3 then there isn't going to be a ps2 repeat.

wii is only going to be a fad if the only good games that anyone releases are the same quick-play party games. if it can build a good first *and* third party library of diverse titles, it's going to sell like gangbusters for years.

according to wikipedia, insomniac has never put out a game for a non-sony platform...

well, in truth, PS3 sold first millions a lot SOONER than PS2... It will be hard for it to sell first 50 million as fast as PS2 though.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
spwolf said:
It is really the truth.... 360 is full of shooters, and Nintendo is full of kids games.

Guess PS3 has only shooters and racers. After all, that's what's selling on the system. Glad we can base the diversity of the past consoles as surefire answers to what's happening this gen. That worked so well for the N64.

Nostromo

squatingyeti said:
Even worse, XDR loses any benefit over GDDR3 when it's used for VRAM.
Which benefits?

The PS3 must use GDDR3 RAM for the framebuffer, thus sucking away more valuable space.
Umh..

Cell is no more underutilized than Xenos and the eDRAM.
Very far from the truth, to fully use edram on Xenos you really don't need to be a rocket scientist, except AA maybe, all the other advantages edram brings to the tables don't need any special 'care' to be fully used. (for example huge fill rate in simple render passes such as shadow maps rendering, z pre passes, particles effects)

birdchili

spwolf said:
well, in truth, PS3 sold first millions a lot SOONER than PS2... It will be hard for it to sell first 50 million as fast as PS2 though.

i *did* say first few million...:)

price and (even more) hdtv adoption rates are going to prevent the ps3 from ramping up as quickly as the ps2. having to compete with microsoft for third parties (with less dev-friendly tools) doesn't help much either. still... is a new generation of consoles in five years going to provide a really compelling reason to upgrade again? (wii excluded, which has a pretty obvious upgrade path in the nearish future). if this is a longer generation than the past few, the ps3 is pretty well positioned.

a lot of what needs to happen now is for game software to catch up with the hardware - all these alleged physics and ai improvements are largely programming problems now, not issues of hardware power.

spwolf said:

Most of the shooters on the 360 are also on the PS3. Should the 360 be lambasted because they're actually selling better? Or that MS' exclusive shooters are generally better received than Sony's?

Let's not look up at the software charts and glance at the #1 selling PS3 game. Or that nice little bump multiformat COD3 had. :lol

Guitar Hero 2 is on the 360 in a week. It's not on PS3. Neither is DDR. Or UNO. Or Tomb Raider. Or Viva Pinata. Or Geometry Wars. Or Burnout. Or TMNT. Or Castlevania. If I'm a hypothetical 30 year old looking for mature software and something E-rated for my kid and something T-rated for my 15yearold nephew, why is the PS3 a better choice right now? Looking at the release list on Ebgames, why is the PS3 a better choice in 2007?

Seriously, "because the Xbox is a Halo-box" isn't a good answer. The 360 is not the Xbox, the PS3 isn't the PS2, the Wii is not the GCN. The sooner people accept this, the less we'll have these kind of fanatical statements thrown around.

Having the #1 selling PS3 title shouldn't really cause one to celebrate considering what else is out there and how few systems have sold.

FrankT

bishoptl said:
Well, Mr Hastings certainly seems to have struck a nerve with the usual suspects. :D

Looks like he struck a nerve with reality. He knew this post would draw a number of criticisms within the gaming community. I believe those said criticisms are a very serious part of the gaming community at hand. A very real debate, that goes on every single day, which in the end the consumer will be left with the final say. Whether or not he acknowledges some of these criticisms is entirely up to him.

:)

J-Rzez

OverHeat said:
...oil on the fire?

Naw... something more epic than that...

The guy's on his blog, posting his opinion... He makes PLENTY of valid points... and a lot of these people damning him to hell, I'd love to see a high-profile dev say something along the lines of this blog, would probably say, "Now this is the truth!"...

It's his opinion, with many sound and valid points... He makes a lot of "what if" type of thoughts meaning what he believes is going to happen down the road, which may or may not happen... Though, many of those I can see happening...

Once again, coming across the "Lazy Devs" comments in here about compression and Blu-Ray, :lol... yet those people won't rag on Epic for being too lazy to add more story and a proper ending to Gears, or more than 4v4 and host advantage... Let the games do the talking, we'll see how Blu-Ray plays out in games... And after hearing about how they're using some new techniques in Rachet and it going to need more room, it won't be long until we see how true this is...

He's right with XBL and PSN, XBL being a lil more fleshed out... But, it comes down to playing the games, and dedicated servers without a doubt make up ftw here... I don't know what happened to XBL... Last gen it was rock solid... Now, it's pathetic how much lag and disconnects that go on with it... :(

I also agree with the cost of XBL looking at it from that route... MS has people there because some don't look ahead to think about it like that... Some people do plan ahead, even if there's 1% difference on interest on a credit card or loan... Some look at the estimated fuel mileage to figure out what's going to cost much more in the future... It goes both ways... The thing that's going to put everything under a microscope more is if Home takes off... It's a free service... just like matchmaking, which a PSN game set the bar for next gen....

And he's absolutely correct on saying WTF to the people trying to spin Home as a bad thing, when it's free to use, and you DON'T even HAVE to use it...

Seriously, it's just this guy saying something he feels... It shouldn't hold no weight other than it's his opinion and take on something... And it's absolutely of no Greater or Less of value than whatever Stinkles, Arne, or Che say on here in their opinions... Argue his points, but no reason to call him a toolbelt, correct?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Al and Brian Hastings are brothers, right? Because, if so, they must be like complete polar opposites. There's a multi-part video interview with Al on gametrailers this week and he keeps wigging me out at how absolutely soft-spoken he is. You alternate between cranking the volume on the parts where he is talking and then scrambling to lower the volume when GT.com intersperses a snippet of a game in between his comments.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Eteric Rice said:
It's like the fanboys have come out in full force. D:
You mean like this guy?

Sho_Nuff82 said:
I was referring to this:

Looking at the 360/PS3/Wii right now (yes, that's right, it means ignoring the Xbox/PS2/GCN because they don't have crap to do with how the current consoles are selling), and across announced games for 2007, the 360 has a more diverse software library than either the Wii or the PS3, across every genre sans platformers.

Guitar Hero II will be a hit on 360, just as it was on PS2 (though I doubt it will sell 1:1 given the difference in price and availability over the holiday season for Sony's version), just as the other quality E-T rated software I listed above has been able to sell on MS' box alongside the strong-selling M rated software.

He made a terrible point, and I used an obvious example to tear it down.

KTallguy

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Guitar Hero 2 is on the 360 in a week. It's not on PS3. Neither is DDR. Or UNO. Or Tomb Raider. Or Viva Pinata. Or Geometry Wars. Or Burnout. Or TMNT. Or Castlevania. If I'm a hypothetical 30 year old looking for mature software and something E-rated for my kid and something T-rated for my 15yearold nephew, why is the PS3 a better choice right now? Looking at the release list on Ebgames, why is the PS3 a better choice in 2007?

For the "hypothetical 30 year old looking for mature software and something E-rated for my kid and something T-rated for my 15yearold nephew", the PS2 is the best choice. It's cheap and has lots of great software.

But in general, the PS3 line up is a lot more diverse looking than the 360s, and that's in its first year up! As the price of the system comes down, casuals will line up.

Dirtbag

First of all, let me make it clear that Insomniac is a 100% independent development studio. Sony has neither endorsed nor authorized what I’m writing here.

Easily my favorite part of the whole article.

Any reason why there are 8 pages arguing this blog post. What do you expect the creators of Resistance Fall of Man to say? PS3 sucks.... don't buy it! And skip our game while your at it too, Halo is much better.

tanod

when is my burrito
Mockingbird said:
Having the #1 selling PS3 title shouldn't really cause one to celebrate considering what else is out there and how few systems have sold.

Well if Resistance is attaching in Europe close to what it is in NA, they just sold about 300,000 copies, which puts it close to a million. First million seller in 3 months, not bad.

I believe PS2's first million seller was Onimusha (NA or WW, not sure) and that was in May or June after launch.

Link316

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:

the PS2 is the better choice which is why its still outselling both the PS3 or 360

YYZ

flammie said:
The head of an independent studio that only develops PS3 games talking about why the PS3 is the best game system? *SHOCK*
I will read the rest of this thread, but I think it's important to point out that your statement is completely incorrect. Ted Price is the head of Insomniac and no one here really knows how high this guy is in the company (though he is probably very high becuase his job title alone sounds important and influential).

Insomniac can go and develop games for 360 if they want. They have a relationship with Sony, plain and simple. But Sony doesn't control what they can say, I don't think Ted Price would stand there and take it. Insomniac has proven that they can make new IPs so they can make one for 360, but yes they are very sequel happy (who isn't nowadays?). If you want to know why Insomniac develops for Sony then read some Ted Price interviews. He describes their relationship as an "old school" understanding.

Sony must have thrown plenty of money at you during the past decade to tempt you into joining the fold. Why have you remained independent?

Actually, you know it's surprising. That's what everyone assumes, but Sony has never approached us and said: 'Hey, are you guys interested in becoming part of the family or being bought?' I think that's just something they don't do, and I've been very vocal about staying independent, and I think Sony respects that. It makes our relationship work well.

What are the advantages of being independent?

You can really choose your own destiny. When it comes to creating games, we're the ones who come up with the concept, and we decide what the game is. We prefer not to have people telling us what we should or shouldn't be making. And there's also the opportunity to pave your own way. For us it's very rewarding to know that we live or die by our own decisions. It's a little scary sometimes, but when it works, like it has in the last 13 years, it's a great feeling.

pswii60

spwolf said:

No, he's talking about the upcoming line-up with 'something for everyone'

Well, MS really does have an extremely diverse first party line-up. Games like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Forza 2, Banjo Kazooie 3, Too Human, Infinite Undiscovery, Fable 2, Alan Wake, PGR 4, etc... are they all shooters? When you factor in other third party games like Eternal Sonata, Guitar Hero 2, DDR and whatever else Rare must be working on, they 360 line-up is not 'full of shooters'.

Top Bottom