• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: South Park: The Stick of Truth

I love South Park but I don't have a old gen console to play this on. Here's to hoping for a new gen port soon!

Don't hold your breath. Ubisoft dropped all support for the game a long time ago, and without dlc a next gen port wouldn't really be feasible.

Ubisoft thought they were getting a quick buck from a sinking ship(THQ). Oh how wrong they were...

I know this is unlikely but I keep not buying it because I feel like it's going to show up on PSN soon enough.

I played it at a friends and thought it was awesome. A little overwhelming at first but awesome nonetheless.

isny

napkin dispenser
Question is how strict is the GPU requirements? I don't know what's better than what. I have a GeForce GT 750M. But I'd be running it in Parallels and I don't know what that would report it at. Will it go on sale again by the time I get a gaming PC or should I get it now?

I'm running it smoothly on a laptop with an i7, 8gb of ram and intergrated video.

Is it fun to Platinum?

£14 on Steam, £15 on PS3 disc (out of stock), £50 on PSN wtf

Seems the kind of game I'd 100% if I played it. Also I think the Steam version may be uncensored, unlike the PS3 version. Don't think the removed content is that significant though.

just played the beginning of the game at my friends place. Damn this game is good, hope it delivers till the end. too bad im broke at the moment, will have to wait a few weeks but it is just like the damn show, like another season. Really enjoyed it

collige

Banned
Is it fun to Platinum?

£14 on Steam, £15 on PS3 disc (out of stock), £50 on PSN wtf

Seems the kind of game I'd 100% if I played it. Also I think the Steam version may be uncensored, unlike the PS3 version. Don't think the removed content is that significant though.

Nope. A decent amount of collectibles are gone forever if you miss them on your first time through a level which means you have to start the entire game over again if you miss something. I played it a second time WITH a guide open, and still ended up missing a few things. I said fuck it after that.

Acrylic7

Just started and so far I love the detail. Im black and the dialog has changed lol.
Cartman acknowledges that I'm black and its great.

"A black fighter huh? Pretty scary"

huxley00

Just picked this up myself, enjoying it quite a bit. I'm surprised all the hate it gets for being too short. The quality of the game is a very high caliber. Don't we want higher quality, shorter games, in general? I'd much prefer to have this over a longer game that isn't quite as good.

The biggest problem with the game for me is that it's way to easy. The fights just loose all their excitement. You can almost one-hit everybody. Other than that it's great. Like a huge brilliant South Park episode.

huxley00

The biggest problem with the game for me is that it's way to easy. The fights just loose all their excitement. You can almost one-hit everybody. Other than that it's great. Like a huge brilliant South Park episode.

Its definitely easy, even on the most difficult level. The battle system is highly exploitable and combat can be really quick, especially towards the end.

Regardless, I enjoyed my 15 hours in the game. I didn't do all the sidequests/content but I did a lot. I have seen most South Park episodes and found that they put an incredible amount of detail into various junk items, stuff found in houses, summons and a lot of other stuff. Highly recommended, especially being on sale for $15 right now.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah I picked this up on sale also. I've been loving it so far. Just got finished infiltrating the Taco Bell. I feel like I wish there was a bit more side content, but overall its a great experience.

New002

Such a fantastic game, especially if you're a fan of the show. I was surprised when after I finished it my GF went ahead and cleared the game as well. She typically sticks to Nintendo and puzzle games so that was pretty interesting.

Just finished this yesterday. Good times

Played the censored Australian version.

Censorship can go suck on Chefs salty chocolate balls.

huxley00

Yeah I picked this up on sale also. I've been loving it so far. Just got finished infiltrating the Taco Bell. I feel like I wish there was a bit more side content, but overall its a great experience.
One of my favorite parts of the game

They go on a long rant about area 51/UFOs at the end of the game, Cartman mentions "man, I wish there was a way to skip this conversation". I try to hit space to skip it, get a "skipping is disabled" message, made me laugh out loud.

The game is clever and it goes in some...extremely gross and controversial territory. Glad you're liking it too!

huxley00

Unfortunately no talk of a sequel. Seems like it was a bitch for them to make, so I'm thinking a sequel is sadly unlikely.

Yeah, from what I read, this was more of a swan song. They knew all other South Park games pretty much sucked, they always got a ton of shit about it and they decided to finally put the effort into making a good one.

I know they said it was a colossal pain in the ass, I highly doubt they'll make another one.

Durante

It says something about how great 2014 was that I always forget about this game when discussing my favourites, even though I enjoyed it immensely while playing.

My favourite part was the description of Dire Wolves.

Bought it cheap for the PS3 a month ago or so. Absolutely loved every moment of it. 16 hours on my first playthrough, exploring every bit of the town - yet I still missed a couple of collectibles.

Not a fan of RPGs usually, but I love the show. It is easily my GoTY #2.

Edit : Fuck lazy Ubisoft for censoring it for all(?) european countries though.

Ploid 3.0

I didn't like the reaction mechanic, and things like the farting controls. It all just seemed weird so I never really got invested in the game. It looks awesome though.

Volcane

Great game. It is the uncensored version on UK Steam.

My favourite mission was
the underpants gnome one, with the parents shagging in the background lol

Korten

Banned
Just started and so far I love the detail. Im black and the dialog has changed lol.
Cartman acknowledges that I'm black and its great.

"A black fighter huh? Pretty scary"

If you play as a white character he sarcastically mentions how he hasn't seen a white fighter in a while. He says something about being a thief as well but I can't remember.

Amazing game OP. Probably my GOTY for 2014!

I really couldn't stop cracking up when
going up Mr Slaves butthole and navigating through all the junk shoved up there.
Hilarious!!

nkarafo

Question is how strict is the GPU requirements? I don't know what's better than what. I have a GeForce GT 750M. But I'd be running it in Parallels and I don't know what that would report it at. Will it go on sale again by the time I get a gaming PC or should I get it now?
Friend of mime played the game on a Pentium 4, 1GB RAM and a Geforce 9600 gt.

MAX settings too. He had a few crashes here and there but the game was smooth.

Haven't seen the show in years besides some of the absolute must see episodes (Warcraft episode, the ninja episode, etc.) and I just bought it on the Steam sale because of who the dev is. Having a great time with it so far, I can sort of see the logic in one poster saying it's a "poor RPG" but I don't feel that way in mechanics, more so it's basic as hell really. Still really enjoyable however, it's had a few things that have made me laugh, about seven hours in myself and nearing the half way point already if my friend is right.

Ricker

Sometimes I hate this game so much...ok I am stuck in the Alien Abduction part,no clue what to do after the guy tells me to find another way,after that stupid QTE(which is why I hate this game so much at times)...otherwise having a good time with the game,although I still have a hard time getting the beat to block(I am playing with a very old wired 360 controller on PC,I think the buttons have a delay now),my partner dies a lot because of this...and the save/checkpoints suck also.

Ricker

Guys what am I missing in the bathroom with the PTA guy trying to teach me a new farting spell...theres a little QTE with the left and right analog to do but it fails all the time...

EDIT: got that part but now I cant beat the Foetus nazi zombie thing...the game is not that easy.

Top Bottom