• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen blasts NWA's "Fuck tha Police" during slain officers funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify, it's obviously fucked up that the officer was killed when she was just doing her job, and it's fucked up to fuck with any funeral like that. Kid's a teenager though and still got evicted after the apology.

I know that the usual suspects won't stick up for this kid's expression, we're way past the point of hoping for anything from them. Just don't expect us to play along.

Sheroking

Fuck the police is a good message? Got ourselves an anarchist.

Have you ever listened to the song?

"Fuck tha police coming straight from the underground. A young n**** got it bad because I'm brown. And not the other color so the police think, they have the authority to kill a minority."

It's not Ice-T's cop killer. It's got some gangster posturing, but it is a great protest song that's just as important today as it was then.

At a funeral, though? Fuck this kid. It's shitty and hurts family and friends trying to mourn a human being whom we have no reason to believe did anything wrong. This same respect should be expected of everyone, I don't give a fuck what gripe you have.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Who is "they"? You think cops are an organized crime family and all racist killing machines? Were supposed to be fighting against generalizations

These cops don't get the benefit of the doubt after turning their backs to De Blasio.
They're gangbangers down to the last man and woman.

Who is "they"? You think cops are an organized crime family and all racist killing machines? Were supposed to be fighting against generalizations
They are. They are empowered by the law to oppress people. But antagonizing a funeral seems really low. Her family had nothing to do with the shitty things police departments do.

Nepenthe

strange how there isn't the flood of people going "i don't like what he's saying but he's free to say it" when it isn't a white supremacist talking about genocide against black persons

You already know.

Anyway, my immediate reaction was indeed that this was distasteful, because A) I'd never do it
because I like living
and B) even the teen notes that the officer slain was ambushed and didn't do anything to deserve that.

But he's got family out there that has supposedly been killed by cops. What about his story? What about their funerals and their closure? What about the thousands of other stories like his? What about the overall lack of accountability of police? Their trust is at an all-time low.

It was an extremely ballsy move on him and, yeah, it's distasteful. But what's even more distasteful are the amount of hashtags we make, the dash cam videos we share, and the marches we engage in just to get body cameras that cop-loving juries don't even care about. In the grand scheme of things, the teen's actions don't even register.

There's a cop on here who could vouch for just how deep the biases and racism runs, but I forget his name and that barely-existed thread is long gone.

Actually, he probably wouldn't say shit about it now, since nothing ever came from the advice given.

(for the record, not defending the kid here. I'm really not feeling his little 'protest'.)

Have you ever listened to the song?

"Fuck tha police coming straight from the underground. A young n**** got it bad because I'm brown. And not the other color so the police think, they have the authority to kill a minority."

It's not Ice-T's cop killer. It's got some gangster posturing, but it is a great protest song that's just as important today as it was then.

At a funeral, though? Fuck this kid. It's tacky, shitty and hurts family and friends trying to mourn a human being. And yes, of course, the same basic dignity and respect should go to every person - not even especially cops.
Pretty much. Doing that kind of shit at a funeral is mind numbingly stupid.

Zabka

These cops don't get the benefit of the doubt after turning their backs to De Blasio.
They're gang bangers down to the last man and woman.

Was going to say something similar about what the kid did. Blasting music to protest the cops is no more inappropriate than cops using funerals to feud with DeBlasio.

Derwind

Can't blame the kid, better to air out that discontent than to stay quite out of fear.

20 out of the several thousand standing outside? I'm surprised it was that few.

Yeah, you can never have too many trigger happy, overzealous enforcers when dealing with unarmed, underage POC.

Yet you tried to shame minorities, you said you been to ever protest, you never said what side of the line you were on

Shame what minorities? I watched this woman's funeral on television today. She didn't diserve this nor did any of my brothers or sisters or anyone else who is innocently fucking MURDERED by the police.

I think what this kid did is fucking distasteful am I not allowed to have an opinion?

If this is the officer that was murdered spontaneously while on duty, then it's really fucked up for the family. That person was an honorable cop, the sort of person we should be thankful to and celebrate. Not the sort of person whose funeral deserves to be ruined by this.

That said, eviction/ 20 cops is WAY overboard

devilhawk

The article strongly implies that they weren't staying there in any legal capacity and certainly not under a lease.

Hell, the landlord could be saving his own ass by kicking them out.

When you are squatting illegally somewhere, effectively hanging a banner outside the window detailing that fact is dumb as shit.

Machina

Banned
A massive dick move by a moronic teenager. Nothing to see here. Even the cops need to be measured in their response

Not holding my breath on the latter

Slayven

Shame what minorities? I watched this woman's funeral on television today. She didn't diserve this nor did any of my brothers or sisters or anyone else who is innocently fucking MURDERED by the police.

I think what this kid did is fucking distasteful am I not allowed to have an opinion?

Yes, but the conversation was about minorities suffering police brutality. Yet you posted her pick like it was Exodia. Just saying we clocked you man, but always do you

Polari

Ohh boo hoo. I'm sure the minorities you treat like shit have it worse.

Well it's a vicious cycle, right? If the police feel hostility from the public they're more likely to be hostile back. Which in turn means the public are likely to be more hostile.

defending this shit is pathetic. he has no idea if the cop killed was one of the bad ones, and he definitely doesn't know shit about the family members in attendance. this is not a protest, this is something done strictly for the enjoyment of it.

Lundren

Banned
Yeah, kid's lying and trying to give himself cover for looking like a dick

Funny how more people are pointing to this as the takeaway instead of the fact that the kid was named and pictured as a minor.

What happened to the hate of "doxing?"

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
If this is the officer that was murdered spontaneously while on duty, then it's really fucked up for the family. That person was an honorable cop, the sort of person we should be thankful to and celebrate. Not the sort of person whose funeral deserves to be ruined by this.

You don't know that. Judging by her peers I'd say the chances are pretty slim.

Oh guess what hundreds of NYPD officers did again at this very same funeral?

Several hundred cops turned away in protest Tuesday morning as the mayor delivered his eulogy at the Bronx funeral of slain Officer Miosotis Familia.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...s-de-blasio-officer-funeral-article-1.3318292

Second time they've done that at funeral.

This time it's because he dared go to Germany

The blue rage was spurred by the mayor’s excursion to Germany to join protesters at the G20 summit one day after last Wednesday’s execution of 12-year NYPD vet Familia.

“The mayor is the compass for the City of New York,” Patrick Lynch, head of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association, said before the funeral. “And unfortunately, when a police officer got killed, his compass led him to Germany rather than here on the Grand Concourse.

Nepenthe

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight

Yea I think what makes it worse is the officer was essentially assasinated while on duty ..not an officer that died of old age or something

Fuchsdh

Lot of bullshit (legal) points.

I do not think the noise ordinances apply before 10:00 so the police had no legal right to storm the apartment. Though he may have panicked and invited them in.

The landlord cannot just show up and evict tenets in NYC. Need the sheriff's department to do that.

Edit:

Ah ok. But the house call by the police does not have a legal standing I think. Unless they made contact with the landlord for permission prior.

Noise at any time of day is actionable; specifically "unreasonable" noise generated by personal audio devices (section 24-233). http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/noise/index.shtml

Zabka

Can't blame the kid, better to air out that discontent than to stay quite out of fear.

Yeah, you can never have too many trigger happy, overzealous enforcers when dealing with unarmed, underage POC.

NYPD has a serious bunker mentality going on right now. I'm surprised they didn't climb the outside of the building fire ant style.

It's NYPD, I'm not gonna pretend I'm shocked and outraged. It's tasteless to do at a funeral but it's NYPD and I will never defend NYPD ever.

rjinaz

Yes this goes too far, and it's gross. But, they are police, they can make him leave. That should be the end of it, especially considering he's a teen. What can you do? Free speech.

kinggroin

Banned
You already know.

Anyway, my immediate reaction was indeed that this was distasteful, because A) I'd never do it
because I like living
and B) even the teen notes that the officer slain was ambushed and didn't do anything to deserve that.

But he's got family out there that has supposedly been killed by cops. What about his story? What about their funerals and their closure? What about the thousands of other stories like his? What about the overall lack of accountability of police? Their trust is at an all-time low.

It was an extremely ballsy move on him and, yeah, it's distasteful. But what's even more distasteful are the amount of hashtags we make, the dash cam videos we share, and the marches we engage in just to get body cameras that cop-loving juries don't even care about. In the grand scheme of things, the teen's actions don't even register.

Best post.

Jesus...

I really want this teen's story told and justice for his family. It's a shame that he thought the best way to go about doing that was to antagonize the funeral of a murder victim with mourning family in attendance.

His brother and best friend died from cops and hes 16, im not going to shit on this kid. I admire the notion, even if he isnt mature enough yet to understand what hes doing

The Post couldn't verify the names he gave them. So either this kid is like one of the many friends I grew up with and is full of shit or this kid can't see past his pain his family and his own been threw.

I was born and raise in the Bronx. I understand the mentality and relationship between Latinos and blacks with the cops. The NYPD is a gang the same way the United States Army is. Unlike the Latin Kings or any gang of your choice if you rattle the cages of the NYPD or the US Army whether justified or not you're not going to see just one or two pop up on your door step you will see a gang looking to handle business.

Kyzer

Banned
Yes. That was kinda easy.

*looks at the stacks of reports, studies from variety of organizations including the DOJ saying how corrupt police have become nation wide*

ok........

Someone doesn't know NYPD history.

Well you really walked into that one.

Yes?

How many cops have to get away with murder for people to understand this?

They're gangbangers down to the last man and woman.

They are. They are empowered by the law to oppress people. But antagonizing a funeral seems really low. Her family had nothing to do with the shitty things police departments do.

There's a cop on here who could vouch for just how deep the biases and racism runs, but I forget his name and that barely-existed thread is long gone.

Actually, he probably wouldn't say shit about it now, since nothing ever came from the advice given.

(for the record, not defending the kid here. I'm really not feeling his little 'protest'.)

Yooo people still stick up for the NYPD lmao

Yes...

They really are.

Lol yikes. I get what yall are saying, corruption runs deep especially in the nypd, but dude said "they" deserve it and we're talking about interrupting a dead cops funeral. Im arguing that not all cops are automatically racist killing machines and deserve to have their funeral desecrated. And you guys are literally arguing that no, they really are and do deserve that? Umm... Nah. Thats just not true.

Lol yikes. I get what yall are saying, corruption runs deep especially in the nypd, but dude said "they" deserve it and we're talking about interrupting a dead cops funeral. Im arguing that not all cops are automatically racist killing machines and deserve to be desecrated at their funeral. And you guys are literally arguing that no, they really are and do deserve that? Umm... Nah. Thats just not true.

Oh boy, this thread is gettin' good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom