• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen blasts NWA's "Fuck tha Police" during slain officers funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

norm9

Lol yikes. I get what yall are saying, corruption runs deep especially in the nypd, but dude said "they" deserve it and we're talking about interrupting a dead cops funeral. Im arguing that not all cops are automatically racist killing machines and deserve to be desecrated at their funeral. And you guys are literally arguing that no, they really are and do deserve that? Umm... Nah. Thats just not true.

And you're arguing about the right pronoun. I feel you're halfway there. Join us.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I don't like it. But.... sigh, it is what it is.
I doubt the kids catharsis will lead to much. But just maybe it will shine a bright light.

Lol yikes. I get what yall are saying, corruption runs deep especially in the nypd, but dude said "they" deserve it and we're talking about interrupting a dead cops funeral. Im arguing that not all cops are automatically racist killing machines and deserve to have their funeral desecrated. And you guys are literally arguing that no, they really are and do deserve that? Umm... Nah. Thats just not true.

I think most people are arguing given NYPD's history of being garbage, despite this being distasteful we don't really feel like giving kid a lecture on respecting the police.

I feel that's really fucking obvious too.

theWB27

Lol yikes. I get what yall are saying, corruption runs deep especially in the nypd, but dude said "they" deserve it and we're talking about interrupting a dead cops funeral. Im arguing that not all cops are automatically racist killing machines and deserve to have their funeral desecrated. And you guys are literally arguing that no, they really are and do deserve that? Umm... Nah. Thats just not true.

The argument is just because when was the last time you heard a cop turning in one of their own and or holding themselves accountable.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

The cops desecrated it just the same.

Nafai1123

Banned

Not all members of a organized crime family are killers either, they just protect the ones who are....just like the police do.

If an organized crime family declared war against your people, would you still feel the need to honor a funeral for one of them, after they had killed countless members of your race?

Police choose to be police, and more importantly they choose to remain police, defend police, and sustain the culture of the police. Minorities don't choose to be minorities. They just are, and for that the police declare war on them.

Nydius

Gold Member
Who is "they"? You think cops are an organized crime family and all racist killing machines? Were supposed to be fighting against generalizations

Let me say this first: What the teen did was dumb as fuck and distasteful as hell. I mean even he admitted it after the fact. That said:

Consider the whole concept of "Thin Blue Line". Almost every cop believes in it. To report the wrongdoings of a fellow officer is HEAVILY stigmatized to the point where no one does it for fear of losing their job and being targeted in retaliation by their fellow officers. They have their own fucking internal silencing squad called internal affairs. To be investigated by them is practically a badge of shame.

When a cop several thousand miles away is killed in the line of duty, police officers around the country sport black bands on their badges, even though they've never met the officer or, in many cases, are even aware of the circumstances of the "brother" officer's death.

Growing up, my father had friends who were MPs that became city cops. They were generally decent guys. But if you tried talking to them about negative issues regarding other officers, they'd clam up and change the subject. You couldn't EVER get them to say anything REMOTELY negative about their fellow officers or being on the police force. They'd talk your ear off about how they apprehended some suspect but if you'd ask how they felt about an officer arrested for blatant abuse of power, they'd skirt the topic.

That's why I can't buy into this "one of the good ones" bullshit. I knew good people who were cops. But their being good people didn't amount to shit as they wouldn't speak up or they'd shield the bad ones because they either didn't want to give up the power of being a police officer or they didn't want to end up being intimidated by other officers for having a critical view of an officer or police policy.

By all accounts that puts them very much in the same category as an organized crime syndicate. You might have guys at the bottom of the hierarchy who have morals and concerns but never speak up because they don't want to be kneecapped or worse. So they perpetuate the syndicate with their silence and compliance.

Cagey

Banned
Can't blame the kid, better to air out that discontent than to stay quite out of fear.

Yeah, you can never have too many trigger happy, overzealous enforcers when dealing with unarmed, underage POC.

Don't blame the kid at all.
If you support the kid's actions disrupting a funeral for an asinine protest, just say it.

Don't hide behind the passive endorsement language of "can't blame him!". It suggests you understand there's a sense of shame you should feel for direct endorsement.

Just admit you're happy this happened and move on.

Derwind

Funny how more people are pointing to this as the takeaway instead of the fact that the kid was named and pictured as a minor.

What happened to the hate of "doxing?"

Yeah, fair fucking point and as such, expect it to go unanswered. The child already has a target on his back, just for trying to make his voice heard.

Oh guess what hundreds of NYPD officers did again at this very same funeral?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...s-de-blasio-officer-funeral-article-1.3318292

Second time they've done that at funeral.

This time it's because he dared go to Germany

Oh they turned another funeral into something political? Such respect for the family of the deceased.

If you support the kid's actions disrupting a funeral for an asinine protest, just say it.

Don't hide behind the passive endorsement language of "can't blame him!". It suggests you understand there's a sense of shame you should feel for direct endorsement.

Just admit you're happy this happened and move on.

:)

mjp2417

Banned
Oh guess what hundreds of NYPD officers did again at this very same funeral?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...s-de-blasio-officer-funeral-article-1.3318292

Second time they've done that at funeral.

This time it's because he dared go to Germany

well_there_it_is_jurassic_park.gif

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

They're not all racist killing machines but the blue wall of silence exists and, to me, silence is complicity.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
No, I meant HanAssholeSolo wasn't the first time Trump retweeted the work of a White Supremacist.

I just checked and he retweeted WhiteGenocideTM at least twice.

Let me say this first: What the teen did was dumb as fuck and distasteful as hell. I mean even he admitted it after the fact. That said:

Consider the whole concept of "Thin Blue Line". Almost every cop believes in it. To report the wrongdoings of a fellow officer is HEAVILY stigmatized to the point where no one does it for fear of losing their job and being targeted in retaliation by their fellow officers. They have their own fucking internal silencing squad called internal affairs. To be investigated by them is practically a badge of shame.

When a cop several thousand miles away is killed in the line of duty, police officers around the country sport black bands on their badges, even though they've never met the officer or, in many cases, are even aware of the circumstances of the "brother" officer's death.

Growing up, my father had friends who were MPs that became city cops. They were generally decent guys. But if you tried talking to them about negative issues regarding other officers, they'd clam up and change the subject. You couldn't EVER get them to say anything REMOTELY negative about their fellow officers or being on the police force. They'd talk your ear off about how they apprehended some suspect but if you'd ask how they felt about an officer arrested for blatant abuse of power, they'd skirt the topic.

That's why I can't buy into this "one of the good ones" bullshit. I knew good people who were cops. But their being good people didn't amount to shit as they wouldn't speak up or they'd shield the bad ones because they either didn't want to give up the power of being a police officer or they didn't want to end up being intimidated by other officers for having a critical view of an officer or police policy.

By all accounts that puts them very much in the same category as an organized crime syndicate. You might have guys at the bottom of the hierarchy who have morals and concerns but never speak up because they don't want to be kneecapped or worse. So they perpetuate the syndicate with their silence and compliance.

I get what you're saying but you do miss one key point. Being an officer is still a job that is often supporting a family and your moral high ground of doing the right thing may get you cheers from gaf but it won't pay your morgage if you're let go by internal affairs. The whole situation sucks where both cops and minorities feel like they're risking their lives interacting with the other and our politicians help to empower this sense of fear.

Oh and Commissioner of the NYPD said this:

Mental illness/meds may have played a role, but evil + hate + demonization of cops are to blame for #MiosotisFamilia's killing: @NYPDONeill

https://twitter.com/chayesmatthew/status/884788747371515905

And Rep Peter King said this:

Criticism of police should be kept to a minimum, says @RepPeteKing at #MiosotisFamilia funeral: "They've been subjected to terrible smears."

https://twitter.com/chayesmatthew/status/884768628155011074

http://www.amny.com/news/nypd-offic...eral-held-at-world-changers-church-1.13787141

Oh and Blue Lives Matter protestors walked amomg the funeral without issue

I get what you're saying but you do miss one key point. Being an officer is still a job that is often supporting a family and your moral high ground of doing the right thing may get you cheers from gaf but it won't pay your morgage if you're let go by internal affairs. The whole situation sucks where both cops and minorities feel like they're risking their lives interacting with the other and our politicians help to empower this sense of fear.

As a minority I really do not give a fuck if the only way to get paid is to literally treat us like shit. Like one side has way more reason to be pissed off. If paying your mortgage beats treating us like people then I guess we will have ever reason to dislike the police for ever than.

he ain't wrong.

"prompting a house call from about 20 officers."

gang of fucking thugs.

Officer officer officer overseer. Good on this kid. Bad timing, good message.

Can't say I blame the kid

/shrug.

Nah, fuck 'em. The justice system won't touch them, the least they can put up with is some hurt feelings.

I get how doing this during a funeral is messed up. But I can't really say I care enough to feel bad for the cops. Especially after hearing he's lost family to police.

Jesus Christ Gaf - This is a funeral we are talking about. A person has died and their family is mourning the loss of a loved one.

This is some borderline Westboro Baptist Church shit.

Don't blame the kid if you don't want to but at least call out the horrible action for what it is.

Unbelievable.

Nydius

Gold Member

You could have said the same thing about being a bootlegger (e: clarification, an "associate" of one of the mob families tasked with transporting alcohol) in the 1920's.

Staying silent against rampant corruption and, in some cases, actual evidence of murder by fellow officers just because you're afraid being a whistleblower might end your career is the same type of organized crime intimidation used by big mafia families of the prohibition era.

Jesus Christ Gaf - This is a funeral we are talking about. A person has died and their family is mourning the loss of a loved one.

Don't blame the kid if you don't want to but at least call out the horrible action for what it is.

Unbelievable.

Police "WBC'd" this themselves too so

Unbelievable.

the family is obviously just as bad as cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom