• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One system update coming today

That's quite verbose. Why couldn't they just say, "the update needs to be applied from a complete power down. 'Xbox On' won't work as a result. Once powered on the update will take 2-5 minutes." There, I saved them a whole paragraph.

Don't know what nat issues people have by I resolved mine by enabling UPNP and not using a static IP.
Tried everything you can think of.

My brick is still white so does that mean I haven't downloaded the update yet? I haven't turned on my xbox today

Daffy Duck

Yep, I press the guide button on the controller, console powers on for a few seconds then clicks off, press the power button on the console, powers on for a few seconds then goes off.

Satchel

Banned
I had a progress bar for this.

You guys sure you didn't? Turned on my box (cold boot). Turned on instant on, turned it off again.

Turned it back on, progress bar appeared.

Sobriquet

You guys sure you didn't? Turned on my box (cold boot). Turned on instant on, turned it off again.

No progress bar for me. I was on the green screen for about a minute, I think.

Satchel

Banned
Sorry it wasn't clear. U saying that nothing happened but u did those steps and it started downloading?

Even if I'm on instant on already?
If so I'll give it a go

I was in cold boot from the night before.

Turned it on. Nothing. Turned on instant on and did a connection test. Nothing. Turned it off (still with instant on on). Turned it on, progress bar.

MCD

B. If you are not using the Xbox One “Instant On” feature, you will be required to download and apply this update after Thursday, December 12th at 4:00 PM PT.

I think everyone should just wait for this.

Daffy Duck

I've tried that, left it off for over a minute the first time I unplugged it all.

I've also tried three different plug sockets as I've read that can fix this issue, still nothing.

ajim

Why can't I just go into settings and choose 'check for update' and be prompted to download an update...

Mine never updated.

malfcn

Changed my system to instant-on to try and fetch the update. I will know if my console is ready because I won't hear the standby fan anymore.

Kajiba

Changed my system to instant-on to try and fetch the update. I will know if my console is ready because I won't hear the standby fan anymore.

Yep. White light in standby goes to orange and the fan goes completely quiet. I turn on my Xbox and the update started. It took like 2-3 minutes.

Thrax

Banned
Still don't have the update :/ I'm in Atlanta.

How exactly are you putting it in Standby Mode?

I'm just saying Xbox - turn off/ Yes
Light goes off on the console front.

I let the Xbox sit there for approximately 10 minutes but the power brick never goes to orange.

Note: That I also have INSTANT ON as ticked on.

madmackem

You have it at first but then it restarts and just sits forever, they really need to fix the updating process.

Krilekk

Banned
Just updated for me. Nothing happened during the night so I turned the console off (Xbox Turn Off), tried to turn it back on ten minutes later. Nothing. Pushed the button, loading screen, reboot, all done. Took about 2 minutes sitting at the Xbox logo.

indie24

Had mine in full shutdown and changed it to standby. Turned it on after 20 mins and a little green bar appeared. After that green logo waited 2 mins and update was completed. Haven't noticed any difference though.

Update went smoothly here, worked just as they described.

Still get moderate NAT though using UPnP, however I can get around this by doing a manual port forward of all the relevant Xbox One ports. Wired connection. Looks like the network drivers still need some work.

lil smoke

Banned
I woke up and my XB1 rings were flashing in the dark... I was like oh not this.

So I guess it updates when the console if off???

Or do I have a problem?

I do not have instant on.

Update went smoothly here, worked just as they described.

Still get moderate NAT though using UPnP, however I can get around this by doing a manual port forward of all the relevant Xbox One ports. Wired connection. Looks like the network drivers still need some work.
Great so nothing is fixed then. I'm still paying for a single player console here.

This has to be the most bizarre way to update a console ive ever experienced.

Top Bottom