• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AltHero, the alt-right's new favorite superhero comic

Paskil

I'm assuming the climax of one issue will have her fighting off a horde of immigrants on top of the enormous Golden wall at the border.

R0ckman

SvCI7Df.gif

That has to be a record

Hahahaha can't believe I missed this. Thanks for the good laugh, cleared my lungs.

The premise is of course problematic, but if you think the artwork that has been posted thus far is bad, I don't know how you survived Gen 13.

Ithil

I gotta laugh at how they are supposedly against "politics" in comics, and are claiming to be about "storylines"...yet all they can come up with is literally EU-Man vs Alt-Right-Man or something.

I'm sure they'll have a villain just called "Islamic Immigrant" and a love interest called "Submissive Female".

This is what I meant about how they are completely unable to separate their shallow and repetitive politics from anything else in their life. Their whole state of being revolves around their politics. Yet they have the self-delusion to claim they are standing against political agendas and "pandering", while the truth is all they actually want is for them to be pandered to in the most simplistic manner possible.

"Hey, Nazis had some pretty good ideas if you think about it. Hitler just had a bad approach. And the Holocaust didnt happen."

Yeah, this. I expected this but reading it in reality is somehow worse.

Bets on the rogues gallery?

EDIT: Of course they think they are going to overthrow Marvel and DC.

wandering

Banned
What’s funny is that a lot of comic book superheroes are literally social justice warriors.

Wall Jumper- The illegal Immigrant that always gets in

T.H.U.G.G.- His genetics set him on a life of crime, science made him better at it

Sappho- A woman empowered by evil gods to cause women to stray from good white men

Let me stop, I am scaring myself by how good I am at this

You forgot Jihad, the Muslim with explosive powers on a crusade to destroy Christianity, and Chong, the Chinese billionaire whose sights are set on taking over America’s economy.

Slayven

T.H.U.G.G.- His genetics set him on a life of crime, science made him better at it

Sappho- A woman empowered by evil gods to cause women to stray from good white men

An evil version of Captain Planet who attacks climate change deniers and destroy oil companies.

Ooooh. This is good.
Time for you to write a comic if you haven't already. Take their money Slay. Take it and put it to better use. Like buying original Jim Balent art and giving it to those in need or something.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

*takes notes*

EDIT: Of course they think they are going to overthrow Marvel and DC.

I'm expecting a play on the whole "special snowflake" insult they love to use, completely missing the irony in it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You make a brand new super hero and you make her costume a tight tank top and short shorts. That’s extremely low effort.

Also, the ribbons add nothing to the design except being distracting. It’s like they are trying to show the fluidity of capes but they wrap around the front. It makes them look like they would get on your face during the heat of battle.

You make a brand new super hero and you make her costume a tight tank top and short shorts. That’s extremely low effort.

Also, the ribbons add nothing to the design except being distracting. It’s like they are trying to show the fluidity of capes but they wrap around the front so into makes them look like they would get on your face instead of anything.

Maybe they're flesh ribbons?

"HIV Positive refugee Batman" who is this referring to?

I don't know. Which is the bizarre part of this because Batmen Inc gives them plenty of actual characters they could demonize instead. It seems like a combination of pre-N52 Mia Dearden ( Speedy II) and probably Bilal Asselah ( Nightrunner ) who isn't actually a refugee but being a Muslim in Paris , that would probably be sufficient for their purposes.

For bonus points both are pretty much out of continuity at the moment.

caliph95

I don't know. Which is the bizarre part of this because Batmen Inc gives them plenty of actual characters they could demonize instead. It seems like a combination of pre-N52 Mia Dearden ( Speedy II) and probably Bilal Asselah ( Nightrunner who isn't actually a refugee but being a Muslim in Paris , that would probably be sufficient.

For bonus points bother are pretty much out of continuity at the moment.
I think is a Batman analogue since they are talking about marvel but I'm racking my head wondering who in recent years they are talking about

I think is a Batman analogue since they are talking about marvel but I'm racking my head wondering who in recent years they are talking about

I assumed they were also giving an example from DC since they were railing against both and they specifically mentioned the other Marvel characters by name. And while Marvel has a few Batman pastiches I can't think of any who fit that description.

caliph95

I assumed they were also giving an example from DC since they were railing against both and they specifically mentioned the other Marvel characters by name. And while Marvel has a few Batman pastiches I can't think of any who fit that description.
They were talking about how people hate how SJW marvel has become and I can't even think of Any hero in a wheelchair or has aids recently let alone a Batman analogue.

To save my sanity I will assume it's a sjw joke

Gamegeneral

I can't see this becoming a huge success. I want to watch it become a shambling wreck that gets 10 steps out the door and then explodes.

An evil version of Captain Planet who attacks climate change deniers and destroy oil companies.

Oh, most definitely.

I can see T.H.U.G.G., that's too good.

L Thammy

There's got to be a Jewish businessman who controls other supervillains with his influence, like Lex Luthor.

Come on Slay...... This should have been: while eating what she thought was a regular bowl of Pho, it turns out that it was irradiated and/or a mystical bowl of Pho, and she now has powers blessed by her Evil Mystical Gods. Which she uses to cause women to stray from white men, obviously.

I'm hoping for PatriotHole's Mecha Dreamer that's capable of stealing 6 American jobs at once will make it into the comic alongside Wall Jumper.

A parody of J. Jonah Jameson who spreads left wing propaganda and criticize conservative media.

Ah, the arc where she shuts down fake news. That will be a good one.

man, i always thought you were joking about the everclear thing

Not

Banned
It's probably not a good phenomenon that an enormous portion of white men have stunted emotional development

Maybe we should do more to change what little white boys are exposed to

Top Bottom