• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AltHero, the alt-right's new favorite superhero comic

L Thammy

*Clicks thread, reads description*

Well, this is exactly why I expected. Why do I remember the name Vox Day?

*Sees Morrigan Stark's post with Vox Day quotes"

Well, this is exactly why I expected.

Vyer

man... the level of sad and pathetic you have to reach to create something like this is quite extraordinary. Literally crying and lashing out because your hate and bigotry aren't being coddled in comic books.

L Thammy

man... the level of sad and pathetic you have to reach to create something like this is quite extraordinary. Literally crying and lashing out because your hate and bigotry aren't being coddled in comic books.

I mean, imagine feeling like you're owed a white man's world and growing up to see that it isn't really there. Then imagine that even the fantasy worlds in videogames and comics that you try to escape to don't resemble the world you want to be in. It's really just sad little puppies all around.

Kenstar

mUzbJhW.jpg

hmm it really was that easy huh

L Thammy

It's the anime Nazi girl card game all over again.

I wonder if they're actually going to go the Liefeld route and all of the superheroes will just be existing superheroes, but Nazi. Really ambitious and cutting edge stuff, that.

Lagamorph

It is a world where the Wehrmacht generals overthrew Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party in 1939, and where the first atomic bomb was dropped on the order of Reichskanzler Jodl on Soviet territory in 1944, leading to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1956. It is a world where Japan attacked Australia instead of Pearl Harbor and China occupies the Korean Peninsula. It is a world of four superpowers, where the European Union rivals the United States of America for wealth and influence, and where China and Russia possess the two most formidable militaries on the planet.

It's a shame that such an interesting alternate history idea is being ruined by this. I wouldn't mind a good comic with that historical backdrop.

Sou Da

For the record I do really believe that this one of the very very few things that can be ignored.

Aside from Dixon's involvement.

Ignoring the obvious shitty political tries at comics here, clearly there's only one reason to ignore this, how the fuck are you equating Batman with Marvel!?!?!?! He just lumps them all together, which if you're already a comic book fan you know there are differences. At least that's what my friend kept telling me anytime I'd mention Marvel (he was a DC guy).

This sounds like Freedom Force, except stupid.

You should also include his useful definition of what Alt-Right is:

It's amazing how, in trying to make it sound palatable, Vox Day helps to expose how horrible the whole thing is. The bolded is especially noteworthy in that they are the Fourteen Words, THE popular white supremacist slogan.

Reminder about Vox Day through a few choice quotes:

More here.

Pffft that woman isn't sexualized enough.

Man, I feel sick and dirty and I didn't even read all of it.

Savitar

They can get that girl that use to cosplay best known for her Supergirl who got caught with her boyfriend at the Charlotte rally marching with the rest. She tried to spin it but ya know how that goes.

It should be noted that Kickstarter doesn't pre-charge either though, it does require payment information and does basic verification, but no charge or hold is made until the campaign ends. Projects often lose a bit off the top as a result of fake payments.

Assuming this Freestartr thing is accurate, it doesn't look like it's being propped up by a few big spenders, which is depressing.
Unless all of these are fakes to split up donations and make it seem like they have more support? They've got a thousand backers though.

They are to a certain extent. Like about 25% of their stuff is from their top 10 (and 20% is from the top 4). But yeah it tapers off quickly. The average pledge is ~$100 , which is high but not outrageous assuming the demographic has similar financial capacity to the backers of the major videogame kickstarters. Actually it's a little more top heavy now , the top 5 donors are worth 25 000 (about 22% of their total) , and the top 10 is 32 350 which is almost ~33% of their take.

(One of the Top 4 Backers is sorta suspicious too. It's anonymous and the tag reads like they are involved with this project, so it seems probable someone "seeded" it with $5000. )

man... the level of sad and pathetic you have to reach to create something like this is quite extraordinary.

Lmao.

I hope this hits just the right amount of success--miles short of being actually profitable or culturally relevant, but just enough to get a manga follow-up, My Alt Hero Academia.

Media

Why... Why does the picture in the OP have her hands tied behind her back with her own costume and looking like they are also shoved into the back of her shorts?

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
The $100,000,000 thing is a joke. I was literally just on the site and it's sitting at $111,301.00

adj_noun

Why is the fee higher than on other crowdfunding sites?

Our fee makes our absolute free speech guarantee possible. Other crowdfunding sites do not enforce free speech and regularly buckle to political pressure to shut down certain fundraising campaigns.

We do not buckle, which means we have to deal with attacks on our platform, hosting, payment processors, etc., all of which increase our risk and operating costs enormously.

Oh, is that why.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
uh, so if you go to the Freestartr front page

Posobiec was the only familiar name here but I couldn't recall from where... turns out he's a Trump croney conspiracy theorist fuckwit (Pizzagate, Rogue One being "anti-Trump", etc.) AND he was... AngryGOTFan?? lollllll

Kenstar

The $100 Mil was my joke donation
cmon man i even named the account freeze peach
not surprised they removed it, no bank will allow a charge of 100 mil on a CC

I bet you could get away with a bunch of shell accounts making smaller donations if they were realistic payable amounts (<=5k)

The $100 Mil was my joke donation
cmon man i even named the account freeze peach
not surprised they removed it, no bank will allow a charge of 100 mil on a CC

I bet you could get away with a bunch of shell accounts making smaller donations if they were realistic payable amounts (<=5k)

You got so triggered

Top Bottom