• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S4 |OT| of Babou, Therapy Cranes, Whorediots & the Danger Zone - Thurs on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm not seeing where woodhouse' voice actor was switched out this episode.... Seems to still be George Coe.

iYz1GwF1BDLEQ.gif

GuessWho

this episode was amazing. I think what I loved about it is that everyone was screaming all the time. It's so good!
Pam as an agent is gold.

Woodhouse's voice actor pretty much ruined this episode for me. The last half of the episode was way worse than the start too. The first 10 minutes were pretty golden though.

Polari

Worst episode yet, which is disappointing because although this hasn't been the show's strongest season, it's still been consistently good. I hope this is Woodhouse's last appearance because his new voice actor is all kinds of wrong. Shame, because I really enjoy the character.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
If Woodhouse's old voice actor died or just left the show, I think they should have killed off Woodhouse. I hate when roles are recast.

big ander

Still not seeing evidence for this. I didn't even notice anything about the voice change on a repeat watch... You guys are crazy.
I'm not positive either way, but I will say that I think people are failing to realize that normally when we hear woodhouse, it's for like one line. it's very possible it was Coe and you all just weren't used to hearing him have multiple lines in a row.

wenis

I'm not positive either way, but I will say that I think people are failing to realize that normally when we hear woodhouse, it's for like one line. it's very possible it was Coe and you all just weren't used to hearing him have multiple lines in a row.
It's usually also a very decrepit and hurt voice. Not until his flashback episode did he really emote.

Has no one checked the credits yet?

Coe wasnt credited, but so were a lot of cast.

Demon Ice

Banned
Absolutely amazing episode. Lana's monster hands being able to open an eletromagnetically locked door was so good. Someone needs to gif Krieger's prosthetic hand.

Anyone catch the "Sealab offline" headline on Ron's paper?

"And I assume you're not sending Ray..."

"To the Vatican? You think all those Catholic priests wouldn't peg him...*cough*...as American?"

Ahahaha

Beezy

Still not seeing evidence for this. I didn't even notice anything about the voice change on a repeat watch... You guys are crazy.

That sounded NOTHING like Woodhouse. It distracted me every time he spoke. I dunno what's up with your ears, but this guy sounded so damn happy and comical. Woodhouse always sounds depressed and filled with sorrow.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Alright episode Woodhouse did sound a little different though. So next week is the start of the last two. At least it is the sealab episode. Wonder if Lana will get those robot hands some how.

wenis

That sounded NOTHING like Woodhouse. It distracted me every time he spoke. I dunno what's up with your ears, but this guy sounded so damn happy and comical. Woodhouse always sounds depressed and filled with sorrow.
Well he's out if the apartment and shooting up dope in the Vatican... How does it get any better? Also I don't remember the last time woodhouse was ever a key part to an episode besides the one flashback.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I feel like there should have been one more joke about Cyril's little phobia, since his own story didn't gel with everything else we saw. Something to bring it all together.

I feel like there should have been one more joke about Cyril's little phobia, since his own story didn't gel with everything else we saw. Something to bring it all together.

And then he denied having a phobia which . . . doesn't make the bit with Lana make sense.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
And then he denied having a phobia which . . . doesn't make the bit with Lana make sense.

Exactly. I think that little subplot needed one more beat to come together. Instead it whimpered out without explanation.

wenis

It's still the same actor, he's credited with 19 episodes and The papal chase being one of the 19. Perhaps he just played it differently since he's a main character in the thick of the action and its characters.

systematic

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding Woodhouse-Gate: I was reading through the Warming Glow recap and Q&A, and someone asked Lead Character Designer Chi Duong about his changing voice.

Some of the people working on the show also addressed the voice change on Reddit:

George Coe is like, a thousand years old (83 actually) and getting consistent reads has apparently been tough. Go back and watch the finale of Season 2, when Woodhouse gives Archer the ring to marry Katya with...it's been a problem for an animated minute.

bndadm

Some of the people working on the show also addressed the voice change on Reddit:

Thanks for that info.

I felt it was a great episode through and through, but I also didn't care for the Anthony Bourdain episode, so to each their own.

Also, Nappuccino, I concur. As soon as he said he didn't want to go, I wondered why that cut-away existed.

I thought they completely re-cast Woodhouse due to the higher tone of his voice. Didn't care for it, but if that's why, I'll understand.

"Jazz hands!"

Wes

venison crêpe
Definitely the weakest episode in a long time, highlighted more so after the brilliance of last week.

Sai-kun

Banned
I thought the low parts of this episode were pretty low, but the high parts were absolutely amazing. I had to pause after the "Pam." "What?" "Pam?!" "What?!" "PAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!" "WHAAAAAAAAT?!" part. I was just in stitches. Hilarious.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I went to the Archer Live! event in NYC earlier tonight. It was absolutely crazy and the cast is pretty much as hilarious as their characters. Especially H. Jon Benjamin, Aisha Tyler, and Lucky Yates. They showed some clips (and did a live reading) from the upcoming Sealab episode and it looks absolutely awesome.

George Coe's voice acting has been consistently inconsistent throughout the series.

I don't really mind, though. Woodhouse is still consistently awesome.

wenis

I didn't even notice the voice changes until someone pointed it out in this last episode... Woodhouse has always just been absolute gold, no matter what.

New episode tonight!
Sea Tunt: Part 1

Cheryl's brother and his girlfriend drive her crazier than usual as they travel into the Bermuda Triangle.
Two episodes remaining this season. This is part 1 of the finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom