• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S4 |OT| of Babou, Therapy Cranes, Whorediots & the Danger Zone - Thurs on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
This show is mildly entertaining. I don't find it nearly as funny as Frisky Dingo or even Sealab. The problem I have with Archer is everything seems so damn disjointed.

Red

This show is mildly entertaining. I don't find it nearly as funny as Frisky Dingo or even Sealab. The problem I have with Archer is everything seems so damn disjointed.
Disjointed... Compared to FD and Sealab?? Those shows were like being punched in the face by a fistful of LSD.

Disjointed... Compared to FD and Sealab?? Those shows were like being punched in the face by a fistful of LSD.

Frisky Dingo had a continuing plot. Sure, it was nuts, but within the universe everything made sense. I don't think that Archer's standalone episodes with throwbacks to other episodes works for me.

Demon Ice

Banned
Archer's monologue about marrying Lana out of guilt and the nurse being a 20 year old Brazilian had me in tears. Such a great episode.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I like Pam. She's been great all season outside of Legs. It's Krieger who's been overused. He is so awesome as punctuation.

True. For some reason I get bored of Pam easily. She's cool at times but I like her same way I like Cheryl in small doses. Once in a season have a full episode about her.

iuo3ILBU2sUIq.gif

A little bit on how Archer is put together from an illustration/animation standpoint courtesy of TJ Buford:
Animation and Illustration are essentially two parts of the same brain. We need to work together in order to bring the characters to life. Illustration actually draws the assets for the animation team and the animation team takes the assets (arms, bodies, props, animals), which are broken up into separate layers, and make them move. If i can get a gif of how things are broken up, I will post.

Here’s a GIF of how our characters are broken up and built for animation. We build the characters like this in Adobe Illustrator and then it gets animated in After Effects.

9D18Cto.gif
This is from the most recent Warming Glow recap and TJ Buford did a brief Q&A in the comments.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Marathoned through all the seasons.

Where can I go next? Any similar shows? I looked at his previous shows... is Frisky Dingo any good?

Frisky Dingo is great but nothing like Archer. The humor is borderline disgusting and at some points feels like the show was written under some heavy drugs. First few episodes might feel bit unpolished but it does get great after few episodes and it just keep getting crazier and crazier.

Ventrue Brothers might be for you too.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Marathoned through all the seasons.

Where can I go next? Any similar shows? I looked at his previous shows... is Frisky Dingo any good?

I've always thought that this and drawn together had some similarities, but it might prove to be a bit too strange

Has Woodhouse's voice actor stayed the same throughout the series? Sometimes he sounds 90 an sometimes...not.

The car explosion blowing off Archers clothes was amazing.

big ander

Comedically perfect episode. Guido Sardouchebag killed me, but Pam and Archer's exchange while he was on top of the car ended up making me have to pause out of laughter.

"Pay attention to the fricken context!" "Well sorry I don't have your language nerd skills—Hang on...'Pambit'." "Wrong X-Man dumbass." "Still though."

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I actually thought it was the weakest of the season. Most of the jokes fell flat and I was really distracted by Woodhouse's (new?) awful voice actor.

"Jesus. Shit. Jesus. Shit. Goddamnit. Shit."

This season is phenomenal. Best yet I'd say. Laugh after laugh after laugh. And field agent Pam has potential.

That was the busiest Isis has looked in seasons btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom