• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Crash was #1 best selling physical game worldwide in June w/ only 2 days

Cess007

Holy shit

The Crash doubters must be MAAAAD

I really don't understand why are they mad (and I know some actually are).

I was a Crash doubter (never liked them myself), but the proof is here. People wanted Crash. A lot. There's nothing more to say; and while the games do nothing for me, I'm just happy for the fans.

TheOGB

Banned
1lCbZsS.gif

Don't let anyone tell you Crash Bandicoot is not or was never an ICON

jonno394

What the fuck? I only said it should be interesting to see how well an original Crash game sells. What goalposts am I moving exactly?

Ignore the other post, you have a good point. A brand new Crash from Activision wouldn't have sold anywhere near the amount this did. It's about amazing value package and riding on a nostalgia wave.

If there is a new Crash from Activison then i wouldn't expect it to sell as well as this title now, but the remaster will at least have given more people faith it could be good and there is a much bigger market for it now than there was a few years back.

Floody

It's lovely seeing Crash dominating again, congrats to everyone involved.

Still haven't picked this, due to it being sold out everywhere when I looked (haven't got round to checking again yet). Really hope this means Sony or Activision (whoever's decision it is) greenlight a CTR Remake now.

My five year old has been bugging me to get this!

And whoa! I still recall that PS4 ad with the Crash silhouette coming out of a trash can.

gogojira

Never played Crash. Maybe I should add to the number and pick it up soon. I love platformers, I just didn't own a PSX when these games were hitting.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Surely CTR in next right?No way they ignore it

They said a good result for the Trilogy would've resulted in plans for CTR getting much higher consideration. At this point, it's basically inevitable.

Nephtes

Yay, I guess?
What else even released last month.
I'm trying to remember...

... nothing of prominence is coming to mind though...
I'm sure something came out in June besides Crash right?
Right?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Great news, trilogy's great.

Never played Crash. Maybe I should add to the number and pick it up soon. I love platformers, I just didn't own a PSX when these games were hitting.

Well if you like a challenge in your platformers, Crash 1 and 2 should be right up your alley.

Get more of your studios on to platformers Sony, there's clearly a demand for them.

Ape Escape, Jumping Flash!, Puppeteer - LET'S GO!

gogojira

Great news, trilogy's great.

Well if you like a challenge in your platformers, Crash 1 and 2 should be right up your alley.

Yeah, that's fine. I know it's supposed to be difficult. I'll definitely end up getting it sooner or later, it's one of those franchises that I've always felt bad about missing because on paper it lines up with my tastes.

Jay Sosa

I think it's safe to say, the Bandicoot is Back.

nah, they will make some shitty sequel and kill him again. just like they did last time.

But at least I now have even more proof that 'gaf' is bizzaro world, since most people on here kept insisting how horrible, overrated and unpopular the franchise is.

HardRojo

3 Relics away from the Platinum in Crash 2, then I'll move on to Crash 3.
So fucking glad to have Crash back, it's been a while and it's great to see the game performing well.

Also, Lettuce, post if you're ok.
Yay, I guess?
What else even released last month.
I'm trying to remember...

... nothing of prominence is coming to mind though...
I'm sure something came out in June besides Crash right?
Right?
Trying to downplay Crash's success, huh? Game is good and people love Crash, it's high time people understood this.

bede-x

Good. I hope it means we won't have to beg to get more remasters and sequels. These games were such a joy to replay again.

ethomaz

Banned
I still don't understand this "2 days" for something that came out the last day of the month.
Because NPD June 2017 covers May 28 to July 1.

The coverage is based in full weeks ending on Saturday... so it can ends before the last day of the month or even in the next month.

Jay Sosa

Maybe the interest into remasters or remakes will increase after this.

DO IT ROCKSTAR

Eh, the huge demand is probably also because developers completely abandoned the genre, for reasons I will never, ever understand. There wasn't any good, pure 3D JnR (platformers and JnR are not the same genre) since the end of the PS2 era I think?

why don't more companies pander to the millennials love of nostalgia?
Nintendo finally got on board with the NES classic but then after it sold well above expectations they said "nah fam thats enough of that"

tesqui

Now I'm really curious to see what they could make out of a mordern Crash game. I mean I guess they could try and play it safe and just make Crash 4 as a direct sequel to 3 with the same gameplay, but I'd like to see them do something new and ambitious. A sandbox type open Crash could be interesting.

bede-x

Get more of your studios on to platformers Sony, there's clearly a demand for them.

Ape Escape, Jumping Flash!, Puppeteer - LET'S GO!

Yes please. A new Ape Escape and Jumping Flash would be perfect, while Puppeteer deserves a remaster first. Too many missed it due to how late it released on PS3.

kadotsu

Banned
why don't more companies pander to the millennials love of nostalgia?
Nintendo finally got on board with the NES classic but then after it sold well above expectations they said "nah fam thats enough of that"

They probably noticed that dirty Gen Xers were buying the thing. Nintendo knows they can't have a long term business plan in selling to soon to be corpses.

Top Bottom