• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Crash was #1 best selling physical game worldwide in June w/ only 2 days

Nephtes

Tekken 7 and Arms.

Wow.
So Crash won in a slow month where the only thing it was up against was a new IP on a new system with a small install base compared to the PS4 and a console port of a several years old arcade 1v1 fighting game catering to a niche market?

Yup. This is huge. Huuuuge.
Long live the return of the mascot platfomer guys!

so how many copies did you sell Activision? Be honest...

jjonez18

There goes any hope for a Naughty Dog developed and Sony owned Crash Bandicoot. Those rights just got expensive as fuck again.

Let the Crash Bandicoot factory re-open.

Pinning it now. A Crash game every Fall for the next 10 years.

Seems like Spryo could do similar success. Skylanders is winding down, kids know Spyro from that and others from his original games. Could be a big multiplatform release and Activision could make more of that sweet, sweet money.

My son would love it.

why don't more companies pander to the millennials love of nostalgia?
Nintendo finally got on board with the NES classic but then after it sold well above expectations they said "nah fam thats enough of that"
That is a good question. Sure, they should really see if that nostalgia is big enough to invest in but I do think there are several franchises that could be fairly big, or at least successful, if they return.

Fantastic effort! I wonder how digital stacked up, one of those sales was mine.
This is important too. I really want to see the digital share.

kadotsu

Banned
Wow.
So Crash won in a slow month where the only thing it was up against was a new IP on a new system with a small install base compared to the PS4 and a console port of a several years old arcade 1v1 fighting game catering to a niche market?

It sold faster than Horizon in the UK.

Wow.

Please stop.

jiggle

Wow.

Thanks for salting the Lettuce

Wow.

This is just embarassing

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Wow.

yutRrqm.gif

i-Jest

Sooo this is a strong sign that people want to see remasters of classics. I wonder which classic IP will get the remaster treatment.

*Coughs* Onimusha.

Shambala

Wow.

Your tears give me life

Jay Sosa

Now I'm really curious to see what they could make out of a mordern Crash game. I mean I guess they could try and play it safe and just make Crash 4 as a direct sequel to 3 with the same gameplay, but I'd like to see them do something new and ambitious. A sandbox type open Crash could be interesting.

what

the

fuck

Hell let's make it also a shooter while we're at it. Worked out perfectly for Jak'n'Dexter, didn't it.

You're working for a video game company, aren't you..

Seems like Spryo could do similar success. Skylanders is winding down, kids know Spyro from that and others from his original games. Could be a big multiplatform release and Activision could make more of that sweet, sweet money.

My son would love it.

eh, Spyro was alright but nowhere near as popular as Crash. Not that I wouldn't love to see a remaster. Like I said, the more 3D JnR, the better.

Hell, I'd even play a remaster of Jersey Devil.

Wow.

You really need to let it go man. I'm sorry The remake kicked your dog by actually performing well and being a good game that's actually being praised. You just need to accept that your dog is forever gonna have that bandicoot's foot firmly imprinted in the dogs ass for life.

Mory Dunz

why don't more companies pander to the millennials love of nostalgia?
Nintendo finally got on board with the NES classic but then after it sold well above expectations they said "nah fam thats enough of that"

so you somehow missed SM64DS, OOT3D, SF643D, ALBW, MM3D, Mario Maker, NES Remix, etc?

The classic systems weren't that profitable apparently. It was to raise mindshare, which it did.

Nephtes

This is just embarassing

I agree.
When a superior athelete comes along and wastes the competition that had no business competing and then the superior athelete makes a press release about how superior it is for destroying those other competitors in an exhibition match that doesn't count... Yeah...

Now if this had happened in September. That's a story.

I'm not one of the people saying the game would do poorly...
I'm just not impressed without actual sales numbers when a game wins a month in the middle of summer when games don't typically release.

You really need to let it go man. I'm sorry The remake kicked your dog by actually performing well and being a good game that's actually being praised. You just need to accept that your dog is forever gonna have that bandicoot's foot firmly imprinted in the dogs ass for life.

What am I letting go exactly?
I think the post you quoted was my second comment in a Crash Bandicoot related thread... Ever?

Come on people. I like Crash Bandicoot as much as the next person, but show me some numbers Activision...
Did it surpass 1 million copies?

Wow.

You are a sad, strange little man. And you have my pity.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Now I'm really curious to see what they could make out of a mordern Crash game. I mean I guess they could try and play it safe and just make Crash 4 as a direct sequel to 3 with the same gameplay, but I'd like to see them do something new and ambitious. A sandbox type open Crash could be interesting.

Also make sure Crash pointing a gun on the cover.

Wow.

Ahem it wasn't even the best remaster collection released in June!

bionic77

I don't think the game aged well, though at that time I absolutely loved Crash 2 and thought it was one of the best games of the generation.

That said I hope this leads to more platformers on every system.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I agree.
When a superior athelete comes along and wastes the competition that had no business competing and then the superior athelete makes a press release about how superior it is for destroying those other competitors in an exhibition match that doesn't count... Yeah...

I'm just not impressed without actual sales numbers when a game wins a month in the middle of summer when games don't typically release.

It could be the best selling game of the entire year and you'd probably be telling us how its not as impressive as GTAV and Minecraft's sales.

Wow.

Isn't Tekken the 2nd if not the biggest fighting game franchise in terms of sales?

I agree.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1400641

so you somehow missed SM64DS, OOT3D, SF643D, ALBW, MM3D, Mario Maker, NES Remix, etc?

That's only one company. The person posting said they wished more companies did that. Do you think there is a major difference in 1 vs 2 for them? Like when it's only one they wished there was more, but when there's two the field has a ton of diversity and companies participating?

Nephtes

It could be the best selling game of the entire year and you'd probably be telling us how its not as impressive as GTAV and Minecraft's sales.

Nope.
You're confusing me with someone else.
(I don't even own copies of either of the games you listed.)

Shambala

I don't think the game aged well, though at that time I absolutely loved Crash 2 and thought it was one of the best games of the generation.

That said I hope this leads to more platformers on every system.
We have the king Knack 2 baby. Come on now

Hektor

I'll legit never understand why this incredibly inoffensive franchise of all existing ones on the market is the one to generate so much salt amongst Manchildren on GAF.

You'd think it made Nintendo went bankrupt just going by gaf responses.

Mory Dunz

That's only one company. The person posting said they wished more companies did that. Do you think there is a major difference in 1 vs 2 for them? Like when it's only one they wished there was more, but when there's two the field has a ton of diversity and companies participating?

no.
He said nintendo only stated doing it with NES Classic, and then stopped.
I pointed out they've been doing it for a long time, and then why the NES classic was not long term.

Hopefully this will cause...
1) A new Crash from VV where they can start taking the core base further than the original trilogy while retaining the overall style
2) some folks to consider the 3D platforming mascot thing worthwhile, give me more, cheers

SNURB

I'll legit never understand why this incredibly inoffensive franchise of all existing ones on the market is the one to generate so much salt amongst Manchildren on GAF.

You'd think it made Nintendo went bankrupt just going by gaf responses.

People unfortunately are stuck in the 90s and have that lame Console War mentality.

They just can't accept it that it's doing so well.

Apenheul

Crash isn't for me personally, but if this means more medium budget platformers then Crash selling this well is good news to me!

We at the salt mines, we at the salt mines yeah.

SALT AND SALT

MMMMMMM, KEEP THAT SODIUM CHLORIDE COMING.

SALT AND SALT

KEEEEEP THOSE SALTY GAMERS GRUMBLING.

Nephtes

Nepthes showing his ass again i see.

Yup, asking for actual sales figures from Activision is equivalent to showing my ass. Funny... No one mentioned that when we asked Activision for Destiny sales figures...

Continue the pile on about the salt though... Since...there is none.
Where have I ever badmouthed the Bandicoot prior to or even in this thread?
I don't even have animus towards this game. I'll probably buy it when it's on sale in December.

Top Bottom