• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate PC Performance Thread

Flandy

Tested the game out again with these settings. Runs at 1080p60 w/ small drops on occasion (on the train is where I noticed). Cutscene frame rate is all over the place. Typically from 45-60
i7 2600k, 970, 8GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD

23121793945_8960934e54_z.jpg

Here are a bunch of other screenshots I took. Don't want them clogging up the thread so I'll just link the rest
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5788/22703307997_45b6566cfa_o.png
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/780/23133292801_4425f59b59_o.png
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5764/22500558953_0c34b376bb_o.png
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/768/22729404479_3d56a88bc7_o.png
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5746/22498965254_5d6b8b6866_o.png
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5759/22498965944_fdc96d84a7_o.png
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5714/22500456933_bcdb3d008b_o.png
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5650/22729406589_c10e4be3ee_o.png

Getting a pretty solid 1080/60 during gameplay, my rig:

i5 4590
8GB RAM

These are the settings:
Get frame drops to the 50s during cutscenes + heavy alpha moments. Shame there isn't an option to adjust DOF, I would turn down some post-processing stuff to keep 60fps. But I'm on the pre-Battlefront drivers. Might change tomorrow.

Looks gorgeous imo. Much better than Unity... it doesn't seem blurry in the same way Unity did. Also doesn't seem to have the ugly LOD buildings that Unity had. They're still pretty bad, but not as bad. Might be the fog masking it! That said the pre-rendered cutscenes look baaaaaad. Ton of aliasing, 30fps, compression... I also have the 30fps cloth glitch.

Kezen

Banned
I'm not expecting a flawless LOD even with the environment setting cranked up to the max.

However, PC footage I've seen with ultra LOD is far more stable than Unity, good news there.

It's also relatively light on the hardware, I would like more taxing options in the next entry.

dragn

if you get the weird texture glitches or something is invisible turn off mfaa in the nvidia driver, fixed it for me

Seeing varying reports.

Here's a PC performance test on a 970.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e23RKPxfz4

Haha at the comments bitching about a 970 not being able "max out" the game out at 1080p and 60FPS with PCSS, MSAA and TXAA on while blaming the game/Ubisoft for their ridiculous expectations.

58l5nk.jpg

Any ideas? I got a free code from a Samsung SSD I bought if that matters. I have plenty of space and am obviously online. :p

I even tried a different HDD and it said the same thing.

EDIT: Found a solution. Start Uplay as administrator.

Yeah, had the same problem and that was also the solution.

LOL Uplay.

Karak

I honestly think this looks worlds better than Unity. Unity is a pretty game on the technical side of things, but the art/setting of Syndicate is more appealing to me. *shrugs*
Same since I first saw it on consoles thats the way I felt.

How does it run on 2GB VRAM?
It has a VRAM bar but on the textures setting there's a note at the side saying Low is for 2GB cards, Med for 3GB and High for 4GB. But in my tests I had it on 4GB and was coming under the 3.5GB high speed memory the 970 has. If it scales then I imagine it would be 2.5GB for medium and 1.5GB for low.

Kezen

Banned
How does it run on 2GB VRAM?

According to various Reddit reports, not too well and low texture look like crap as expected. Developpers have stopped caring about 2gb GPUs entirely, you need at the very least 3gb and 4 is recommended for 1080p.

etta

my hard graphic balls
According to various Reddit reports, not too well and low texture look like crap as expected. Developpers have stopped caring about 2gb GPUs entirely, you need at the very least 3gb and 4 is recommended for 1080p.

Yea, I guess they don't want to use the RAM on PC like always, they'll just use the console textures and they have like 5GB VRAM available there.

As much as I wanted the very good GTX 970, after seeing games that can already push it beyond it's power at Ultra Settings, I'm glad I decided to wait for Pascal now.

Kezen

Banned
Yea, I guess they don't want to use the RAM on PC like always, they'll just use the console textures and they have like 5GB VRAM available there.

Consoles do not have 5gb of VRAM.
I don't see how using the system ram is going to help your 2gb GPU. It's a very low amount for AAA games and you know it.

Eirulan

Hi Folks,

I've a few questions:

just started the preloading - does this game unlock at 0:00h on the 19th, so, for me, in 1.5 hours? (Germany)

Will there be a new Game Ready Driver from Nvidia? I just checked Geforce Experience - nothing new yet...

Thanks in advance :)

Parsnip

Also for some reason the game auto set itself to 4K on my 970... I was wondering why I was getting sub-30fps. :p
Ah, the old "we'll pick the highest resolution your card reports" isn't such a great idea on the age of DSR. I think I'll turn that off before I launch the game, I hated it when on Unity it picked some ridiculous settings for me and the whole beginning cutscene ran at sub 10fps.

Will there be a new Game Ready Driver from Nvidia? I just checked Geforce Experience - nothing new yet...
I think I saw that there will be one. I imagine it will go up at the same time as Andy posts his tweak article for the game, assuming that there's going to be an article that is.

knerl

I don't see how using the system ram is going to help your 2gb GPU. It's a very low amount for AAA games and you know it.

PS4 has 8. 8GB of VRAM. As a shared pool in total, but it still has 8GB of GDDR5 memory.

Kezen

Banned
PS4 has 8. 8GB of VRAM. As a shared pool in total, but it still has 8GB of GDDR5 memory.

8gb of RAM total, 5/5.5 available to games to be shared between the CPU and the GPU.
So no, it does not have 5gb of VRAM. I assume the game must use 3gb of RAM for the GPU hence the similar requirements on PC.

etta

my hard graphic balls

No, I mean they can make use of the RAM to cache textures instead of just caching from HDD. On consoles the RAM pool is bigger and they don't have another medium to cache them on, they just have the one RAM pool and HDD. MGS V and even SW BF run fine on maxed textures on 2GB VRAM, but with Batman AK and AC S it feels like they just "settled" for that same RAM pool requirement from consoles.
I don't know if you get my point, I am not very articulate today.

Moonlight

Banned
Expectations on how this would go on an i5-4460 and a 2GB GTX 960? Hoping for a relatively locked 30fps at 1080p at Medium.

Kezen

Banned
No, I mean they can make use of the RAM to cache textures instead of just caching from HDD. On consoles the RAM pool is bigger and they don't have another medium to cache them on, they just have the one RAM pool and HDD. MGS V and even SW BF run fine on maxed textures on 2GB VRAM, but with Batman AK and AC S it feels like they just "settled" for that same RAM pool requirement from consoles.
I don't know if you get my point, I am not very articulate today.

I understand better now, my fault for not having thought about it this way. I suppose it makes sense to optimize for the sweet spot of the two consoles, from a pure time/result point of view.

WarpathDC

No surprise but this seems heavily CPU bound like most ubi games. Might grab a nvidia code for sub $20.
off topic but I'd pay full price for black flag 2, just not as hyped for this
Running on a 970, 8gb, ssd, i5 3570k OC @4.2. From what I'm reading that should keep me close to 60 or at least most playable framerates on high settings @1080p.

The LOD issue is annoying but it will be better hopefully then the xbone unity slideshow I experienced.

WarpathDC

Expectations on how this would go on an i5-4460 and a 2GB GTX 960? Hoping for a relatively locked 30fps at 1080p at Medium.

That's a reasonable expectation. 900p at the worst for higher framerates. Your rig is technically more powerful than current gen consoles fwiw.

c0Zm1c

Developpers have stopped caring about 2gb GPUs entirely
That's not true. Granted, developers are taking advantage of higher VRAM counts but if they didn't care about 2GB GPUs - by not bothering with settings that scale to it - then I would not be playing any of the latest games with my 2GB GPU.

Corpekata

Banned
At this point, the game comes out in 3 hours, so probably worth just waiting as it's not really something to talk about here. Someone in the official OT posted some details and that's how I found it.

5am UK and 6am CET for the unlock. ubi twitter

Will have to play it tomorrow night then. It's the 19th and I'm good to play right now, have been since midnight.

Someone try to fix/bring back the blood that was removed from the console versions. Been in the series for like 4 years at this point, really bizarre to have it gone. Unity had the best splatter system in gaming.

Someone try to fix/bring back the blood that was removed from the console versions. Been in the series for like 4 years at this point, really bizarre to have it gone. Unity had the best splatter system in gaming.
Unity's blood interacted reeeeeallly weirdly with clothes. Blotches would slip and slide all over the character models. Very strange.

Yeah it doesn't run great but damn is it pretty (especially coming off FO4). Was getting a locked 30 on a 970 prior to the Big Ben area opening up, there it can stutter and dip into low 20s with everything cranked @1080. Will probably turn pcss off.

Hopefully we get some nvidia drivers soon as I think first patch for Unity+drivers took me to a mostly locked 60 and took care of the stuttering.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it doesn't run great but damn is it pretty (especially coming off FO4). Was getting a locked 30 on a 970 prior to the Big Ben area opening up, there it can stutter and dip into low 20s with everything cranked @1080. Will probably turn pcss off.

Hopefully we get some nvidia drivers soon as I think first patch for Unity+drivers took me to a mostly locked 60 and took care of the stuttering.

20fps with a 970? So it's completely broken then.

Top Bottom