• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie Sanders Campaign files procedural papers to continue lawsuit against DNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Because it's common to endorse some one who is supported by an organization you are suing?
Really? Some of actually think he is that petty that he would wreck the whole thing? Maybe he is, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. People like you are why I avoid most US political discussions on here. People who should be allies tear each other to shreds over imagined bullshit. I think the primary process is inherently destructive to cohesion within the group itself.

Tesseract

Banned
The majority of the democratic voters seems to believe her so far.

the ge hates her, bernie is over double digits and growing re: electability versus trump

the superdelegates are in the bag, we just need to make it to the convention. make no error fam, hillary is roasting.

3phemeral

9fdbh.gif

iP3ay2

Hillary's stated policy positions are irrelevant when nobody believes a single word she says.

that's an unimpeachable argument if i've ever seen one

no "her plan is fundamentally different from sanders'", no "i don't like her plan as much"

just "everything that comes out of her mouth is bullshit", based on reasoning that amounts to several wet farts and wrapped in an appeal to popularity

Pepboy

Seems to me like HillGAF is throwing the most sucker punches in this thread.

At least they are kind of humorous. I prefer them to low effort posts that I'm seeing all over the place (mostly by Sanders supporters), such as "...?" or sarcastic "lol". I don't want to quote specific posts because it's not my job to backseat mod GAF, but if we're not going to have discussion it's at least fun to see people slinging shit.

Arkeband

Banned
did i say i had a problem with that? i just think it won't happen.

Let's take a quick look back.

• Someone posts that 'Bernie only makes promises he can't keep.'
  • Tesseract posts 'That's BS.'
  • You reply with something about "free universities" and equate it to "ending poverty", so you're pretending to completely misunderstand his stance on tuition-free public education or simply don't understand it, and equate it to ending poverty, an impossibility and something Bernie has never said.
  • I point out that your favored candidate also supports tuition free public colleges.
  • You backpedal and pretend you never had a problem with it.
Hope this helped.

You can not like a person and still generally trust the person.

You really think that the general public's disdain for Hillary has nothing at all to do with her appearance as a corrupt and untrustworthy corporate lapdog?

I mean, yeah, you have the nutjobs who hate her because they think she personally ordered terrorists to assassinate Ambassador Stephens, but most people don't like her because they see her as representative of everything wrong with modern politics in America.

Piecake

You really think that the general public's disdain for Hillary has nothing at all to do with her appearance as a corrupt and untrustworthy corporate lapdog?

I mean, yeah, you have the nutjobs who hate her because they think she personally ordered terrorists to assassinate Ambassador Stephens, but most people don't like her because they see her as representative of everything wrong with modern politics in America.

You are projecting your feelings, values, and beliefs onto other people. Do some people hate her for the reasons you suggested? I would think that is a good bet. Do all people not like her for those reasons? I doubt it, and your poll certainly doesnt prove that.

You can not like a person for multiple reasons, and a person can even reasonably think that Clinton is too corporate and not like her for that, but that she will actually try to enact the agenda that she has been advocating and voted on when she was a a senator as President.

I think it is pretty fanciful to assume that everyone (or the vast majority) of people who don't like her think that she will abandon and renege on every campaign promise, go against her record as a senator, and turn into some neoliberal conservative who is at the beck and call of her corporate masters.

Wall

This whole thread is sad. 13 pages over a clickbait article that is artfully designed to misrepresent what is happening to generate pageviews. Absolutely nothing new is happening. Both "sides" are probably on board with this move.

Anything to stir up shit and play into people's preconcieved notions, I guess.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
You are projecting your feelings, values, and beliefs onto other people. Do some people hate her for the reasons you suggested? I would think that is a good bet. Do all people not like her for those reasons? I doubt it, and your poll certainly doesnt prove that.

You can not like a person for multiple reasons, and a person can even reasonably think that Clinton is too corporate and not like her for that, but that she will actually try to enact the agenda that she has been advocating and voted on when she was a a senator as President.

I think it is pretty fanciful to assume that everyone (or the vast majority) of people who don't like her think that she will abandon and renege on every campaign promise, go against her record as a senator, and turn into some neoliberal conservative who is at the beck and call of her corporate masters.

I think her willingness to see both sides of some issues gets improperly imprinted into being a corporate lapdog. Like, for instance, Fracking. Compare Sanders and Clinton's response here:

Hillary said:
You know, I don’t support it when any locality or any state is against it, number one. I don’t support it when the release of methane or contamination of water is present. I don’t support it — number three — unless we can require that anybody who fracks has to tell us exactly what chemicals they are using. So by the time we get through all of my conditions, I do not think there will be many places in America where fracking will continue to take place.

Bernie said:
My answer — my answer is a lot shorter. No, I do not support fracking.

Clinton's answer is pragmatic, understanding indirectly that fracking does produce economic output, but that output is offset by quite a number of issues that may very well not make it worth it. Sanders is just blunt about it.

This whole thread is sad. 13 pages over a clickbait article that is artfully designed to misrepresent what is happening to generate pageviews. Absolutely nothing new is happening. Both "sides" are probably on board with this move.

Anything to stir up shit and play into people's preconcieved notions, I guess.

That's bullshit, Sanders could have let the lawsuit pass. How can you explain that away?

Pepboy

Both "sides" are probably on board with this move.

Why would the DNC want the lawsuit to continue? It's embarrassing for all parties involved. I doubt they asked Sanders to keep pushing forward by filling the paperwork to sue them for $75,000 but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

noshten

That's bullshit, Sanders could have let the lawsuit pass. How can you explain that away?

That's bullshit, you can just read the first few pages to see how the OP originally framed this thread as a new development. We already had a 41 page thread in December detailing what happened - the audit is still not out, so the situation hasn't changed at all since than.

Indicate

Clinton's answer is pragmatic, understanding indirectly that fracking does produce economic output, but that output is offset by quite a number of issues that may very well not make it worth it. Sanders is just blunt about it.

Then you clearly don't understand the environmental problem that we face today. Her stance on fracking is pathetic, but keep praising her for her "pragmatic" approach. The economic impacts as a result of climate change is far larger.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
That's bullshit, you can just read the first few pages to see how the OP originally framed this thread as a new development. We already had a 41 page thread in December detailing what happened - the audit is still not out, so the situation hasn't changed at all since than.

In order to have that view, you have to ignore what preceded the event. That takes some serious mental gymnastics. Remember, the lawsuit is over removing access following improper access of data. It's not over the access itself, of which the DNC could probably file a lawsuit against the Sanders campaign.

Then you clearly don't understand the environmental problem that we face today. Her stance on fracking is pathetic, but keep praising her for "pragmatic" approach. The economic impacts as a result of climate change is far larger.

The perfect example of "My way or the highway". Politics is about a degree of compromising, if you won't listen to anything other than, "I won't do it" then political process breaks down. That's exactly what the Tea Party was founded on.

Indicate

The perfect example of "My way or the highway". Politics is about a degree of compromising, if you won't listen to anything other than, "I won't do it" then political process breaks down.

Like I said, you don't understand the environmental problem.

Suikoguy

and her conditions are pathetic.

Her conditions are exactly what is wrong with fracking. I don't know if it's possible to modify the process to capture the methane, and use chemicals that don't pollute the groundwater. But if it is possible, what exactly is wrong with it?

Listening to someone whose intellect I respect endlessly (Hitchens) has said many things about the Clintons, all factual things that can be demonstrated. Seriously, read/listen/learn what he has to say about them.

This is all I need to know to make a judgement about her character.

Wall

Why would the DNC want the lawsuit to continue? It's embarrassing for all parties involved. I doubt they asked Sanders to keep pushing forward by filling the paperwork to sue them for $75,000 but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

It sounds like both parties are awaiting the outcome of the audit and have agreed to resolve the lawsuit based on the outcome of that report. Such agreements are common in legal procedures.

It's not a big deal, hence the clickbait.

Since Yesterday Ive had 2 texts from weird numbers telling me to go to Bernies website and to vote for him.

Pretty annoying...
That's weird. The US doesn't even have online voting for elections, so wouldn't be able to vote for him on the website. You'd have to show up at your local precinct's polling station on the day of your state's primary. Let me know if you need any help finding it, assuming your state hasn't voted yet.

Michael Scott is a great avatar for Hillary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom