• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie Sanders Campaign files procedural papers to continue lawsuit against DNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

If Bernie runs as an independent then Trump will probably win because votes will be split.

Nah, not enough of the female and minority vote would go to Bernie if he ran as an independent after all this mess to put the house in Republican hands still. Hillary would still win in spite of him.

The schadenfreude would be delicious though.

riotous

Banned
Watch everyone ignore this

Well did he really have to file though?

Just seems pointless unless he thinks there's a possibility his campaign deserves a settlement or a day in court.

If the discussions are so cordial why the need for a lawsuit?

What in the world is taking them so long to cordially discuss?

LOL at people thinking Bernie running independent would do anything but make it easier for Trump to be president.

He can't even beat Hillary in a damn primary, what pie in the sky fantasy makes you think he could beat her AND the Donald in an election?

riotous

Banned
So by ingratiating himself to Minnesotans by calling them smart, he was actually calling Southerners stupid? Ok.

It's certainly an indirectly condescending thing to say; although claiming he is calling Southerners dumb is a stretch.

The words he said mean that he thinks people who don't vote for him en masse aren't as smart as people who do.

It's a bit like a parent of 2 children always calling one of them smart and not saying anything about the other.

Boney

Banned
Well did he really have to file though?

Just seems pointless unless he thinks there's a possibility his campaign deserves a settlement or a day in court.

If the discussions are so cordial why the need for a lawsuit?

What in the world is taking them so long to cordially discuss?
I think it's a bad move because people will misconstrue the situation to fill their agenda so I agree it wasn't a good move.

But cordial discussion can very well go out the window without something to bargain with. People suck.

he only got 76,399 in Alabama
Wrong state then, I honestly don't remember but heard it being talked because it was directly related to the criticism about voter numbers.

All I remember is that the single candidate record was Hillary with 112.000 in 08

Indicate

LOL at people thinking Bernie running independent would do anything but make it easier for Trump to be president.

He can't even beat Hillary in a damn primary, what pie in the sky fantasy makes you think he could beat her AND the Donald in an election?

Last time I checked, the primary's not over yet.

riotous

Banned
I think it's a bad move because people will misconstrue the situation to fill their agenda so I agree it wasn't a good move.

But cordial discussion can very well go out the window without something to bargain with. People suck.

I'm still confused why this discussion is going on so long.

I'm a Bernie supporter but I can't claim to understand or support this.

Arkeband

Banned
This is pretty cringe.

You'd think they'd want to move on from the episode since it was started by an unethical data breach on his own campaign's part that resulted in firing of staff.

Followed by an unethical and contractually breaking depriving of their own voter data.

Based on what we know of that debacle, they actually have every right to sue and they could win the suit. That's how shitty the DNC is.

Malfunky

Well aren't you just better than everyone, huh? What was the point you were trying to make?

what's the point of this thread other than for the OP and others like him to collectively spit on Bernie supporters? and even if I side more with Bernie, his supporters constantly do the same.

it's absurd, don't you think? to bet so much on a horse in a rigged race that it makes you so nasty to people on your same side.

I'd say our issues pale in comparison to yours (give the implication you're red).

yes, but not the kind you're thinking about. true red. with a slice of black. no war but the class war. and all that sort of thing.

You don't honestly believe that Bernie can win do you? I remember seeing on CNN that even if he wins every single solitary upcoming state in a close race, he still loses.

He needs to win 68% of remaining delegates or something nuts (I think the number might be even higher).

He has no chance.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
It's certainly an indirectly condescending thing to say; although claiming he is calling Southerners dumb is a stretch.

The words he said mean that he thinks people who don't vote for him en masse aren't as smart as people who do.

an implied 'not smart enough'.

Tesseract

Banned
No it's pretty well and thoroughly over. You can pretend it's not and think he can win California and storm the west and yadda yadda but that shit ain't happening.

Hillary won, she won a month ago.

nope, nothing is over until it's over

full ham af until the convention win

what's the point of this thread other than for the OP and others like him to collectively spit on Bernie supporters? and even if I side more with Bernie, his supporters constantly do the same.

it's absurd, don't you think? to bet so much on a horse in a rigged race that it makes you so nasty to people on your same side.

And you believe this limited to Democrats? Or any party really. That's got to be a joke.

Last time I checked, the primary's not over yet.

Yeah and he needs to essentially win every delegate possible and convince the superdelegates to vote for him.

Good luck Bernie.

Also it would be profoundly shitty for him to run independently. It would almost guarantee a Trump victory

The issues you are talking about are entirely on the vendor. Since contractually neither the Clinton or Sanders campaign are obligated to keep the security of that data. In fact the Sanders reason for wanting an independent audit is precisely because there were similar breaches in the past which were reported but never addressed.
"I committed a felony" to prove a security breach exists doesn't protect you from stealing that data. It doesn't here either.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Also it would be profoundly shitty for him to run independently. It would almost guarantee a Trump victory

It would guarantee a President handpicked by Congress. Say hello to the most crazy conservative they could find.

Bernie has been acting as a complete child so I wouldn't put it past him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He'd be the most hated person in recent memory once Trump became President.

He explicitly said he wouldn't and he has no particular quarrel with Hillary as far as I know. His supporters might, but he doesn't.

Arkeband

Banned
"I committed a felony" to prove a security breach exists doesn't protect you from stealing that data. It doesn't here either.

LOL it's not a felony, in fact it's laid out in their contract what happens in the case of a data breach, it was the DNC that actually broke contract and suspended their access. Suspending access is not the pre-agreed upon course of action in the case of a data breach for either side.

DWS went above and beyond to try to fuck Bernie.

Followed by an unethical and contractually breaking depriving of their own voter data.
Everybody thinks DWS sucks. Even DWS probably thinks she sucks. They handled the situation poorly. They had the option of leaving access available, with the inherent security flaw exploited by his campaign repeatedly, and from memory by multiple staff (although the person claimed to act alone, again from memory.) Or they could close off access to the offending party. Both unpalatable options. I would assume they are contractually obligated to ensure data security as well, although am not privy to the text of the contract.

The point is the episode makes everyone look bad.

Ergo, I think it would behoove both parties to take Elsa's advice. Let it go.

So instead of pooling his campaign contributions to support down ticket races and spread his message he's using those funds to continue a petty lawsuit against his own party based around a wrongful act committed by his own campaign staff. Classy.

where did this narrative that Bernie is a child/sore loser narrative come from and why is everyone pretending that this lawsuit is solely out of spite?

Everybody thinks DWS sucks. Even DWS probably thinks she sucks. They handled the situation poorly. They had the option of leaving access available, with the inherent security flaw exploited by his campaign repeatedly, and from memory by multiple staff (although the person claimed to act alone, again from memory.) Or they could close off access to the offending party. Both unpalatable options. I would assume they are contractually obligated to ensure data security as well, although am not privy to the text of the contract.

The point is the episode makes everyone look bad.

Ergo, I think it would behoove both parties to take Elsa's advice. Let it go.

Exactly. Nobody here is absolving the party of anything, it's just that, ONCE AGAIN, Bernie does not understand optics, and it's absolutely destroyed him.

LOL it's not a felony, in fact it's laid out in their contract what happens in the case of a data breach, it was the DNC that actually broke contract and suspended their access. Suspending access is not the pre-agreed upon course of action in the case of a data breach for either side.

I wasn't saying it was a felony. I'm saying that in this case, his campaigned breached the contract by stealing a competing campaigns data. The DNC could have actually been much worse on this, because they weren't the contract breachers. Bernie campaign was.

The analogy I was making is "Finding that security breach doesn't protect you from data theft."

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I don't get what it will take to get people to admit it.

The skullfucking he got 2 weeks ago wasn't enough?

So you support the Mets even when they suck, but it is bad when people support Bernie even when he stands no chance? Heaven forbid if they take the baseball approach of "it aint over till it's over."

Arkeband

Banned
I wasn't saying it was a felony. I'm saying that in this case, his campaigned breached the contract by stealing a competing campaigns data. The DNC could have actually been much worse on this, because they weren't the contract breachers. Bernie campaign was.

The analogy I was making is "Finding that security breach doesn't protect you from data theft."

Data theft doesn't immediately breach contract, the DNC is only allowed to suspend access after what I believe was a 10 day grace period to sort shit out.

So you support the Mets even when they suck, but it is bad when people support Bernie even when he stands no chance? Heaven forbid if they take the baseball approach of "it aint over till it's over."

I don't support anybody, politics is a hot mess that is never getting fixed because of the general apathy of the mainline voting age US population. If there starts to be turnout in local elections and state elections, maybe things might improve sometime.

It is over. To put it in Baseball terms, Bernie is the team that's 13.5 GB for the WC on September 1st. Sure it's not technically over, but for all intents and purposes, it's over.

boiled goose

good with gravy
They can when that candidate has never been a democrat and ran against every democrat that has ever ran for a seat in Vermont.

Disgusting partisan bs here.
Play for the team mentality regardless of the facts. Affirms my conviction to never register to a party.

I Think it's both hilarious and sad to imply that being an independent is a bad thing.

Disappointed by the lack of nuance by HillGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom