• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: NX prototype had a 6.2" 720p multi-touch screen, 2 USB ports on dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDrake

Yeah, and he doesn't have that one source anymore, and given how well that worked out any other legitimate source knows to stay miles away from him at this point.

There are ACTUAL insiders who have info in their given areas. People like NateDrake, Emily Rogers, ShockingAlberto, John Harker, all to various degrees. They have proven themselves to have some degree of trustworthiness and inside information.

SMD got lucky, once, and fucked up his one chance to be relevant. Now he's trying to coast off of that one time he got something good, which is funny because it couldn't have ended more disastrously. Basically every actual big player and potential leaker knows not to go to him unless they have a death wish.

That's why SMD can't be trusted. It isn't that he was right one time... it's that any observer can clearly see he bungled the whole situation so bad he would never get a real scoop again. The world of information is very unforgiving.

Appreciate the kind words.

What people don't seem to understand is that folks - like the ones mentioned above, often hear information that is not shared for a variety of reasons. But, above all, we put the safety of our sources first. No one should be fired over this stuff, and no one wants to get a person fired. A leak may be vague, but it is for a reason.

Sharing information or putting a source in jeopardy for internet fame is not a good thing. Sure, people on a forum or social media may love the leaked data, but it puts the source/contact at risk - along with their job and livelihood.

Ok let's see.
1. Starfox wasn't being developed for WiiU at the time she stated that.
2. Apparently Rockstar was protyping gta on wiiu it just never came to be.
3. Soul Calibur thing was wrong
4. A metriod 3ds game is out now.
5. Nintendo confirmed that there were internal discussions about a playable female chaccter in Zelda.

Sorry looks like she had legit sources to me.
Not to mention BOTW could have female Link and they just didn't want to reveal her yet. Which is my guess since i fully believe Emily. And if not, guess what? Some insiders get faulty info too...

Sorry for my derail earlier but AntMurda is coming off at atleast a troll at this point considering how much Emily has gotten right but either way I'm going to stop posting. Need to stop reading too. Each time I read any NX thread I feel dumber. >_> (Mostly because people keep whining about graphics.)

ggx2ac

If we're in 2016 and phones have 1080p screens, then maybe Nintendo should also make a €800 handheld, that'll sure sell.

1080p was yesterday, 1440p was two hours ago.

4K mobile phone screens is where it's at.

/jk or am I?

Brofield

Screw it, why not. I've stopped asking questions. Nintendo's concept of marketing and PR is batshit from the inside out, and the things they get right are more by accident and rarely replicated.

I've never seen a gaming company stumble so frequently between insane success and total embarassment as regularly as Nintendo. It's almost impressive how you can always count on them to nigh-terminally disappoint you right before blowing you away.

EDIT: Not that impressive actually, we've all had exes like that...

I believe the analogy I once heard was that Nintendo is our childhood friend drunkenly dancing on the table with a lampshade for a hat, but as embarrassed as we are for them now, we can't forget the good times shared, or how they took care of us when we were in the pits. So we half smile in the dim light from the corner of the room in the party, occasionally mentioning to acquaintances, "Yeah, that's my best friend from Kindergarten over there."

I mean, there was bad judgment on the part of the source, too. Clearly. But ultimately, the source shouldn't have gone for a low-level guy hungry for a chance, he should have gone for a safer pick and revealed less info.

But I'll agree, something about the attention he got during that leak really changed SMD. He definitely exuded a much more modest and earnest attitude before that point.

Oh, I agree that the source should have been more careful. I'm still rather sympathetic though, considering the nature of how things happened the way they did. Honestly, SMD doesn't even seem like the same person as Trevelyan9999. That's how differently he acts now.

And yeah, like Nathan said, the information is vague for a reason. Everyone wants to know information, but it's not worth risking someone's job over a little bit of internet fame.

How is it that we're on page 71 and people are still derailing this thread to prove once and for all why they are the ones with 100% proof of why Emily Rogers is a hack

If the thread has gone on this long, maybe, just maybe it's because people deem this information interesting enough that it's worth going into and at least humouring

What do you even gain from doing that

Instro

Emily Rogers was a hack, but is now more legitimate. However she still clearly gets things wrong, and has also latched onto rumors that started elsewhere(Paper Mario WiiU, part of her Zelda rumors) a few times. Emily is not infallible, just like several other people who seem to have similar sources. If she nails it with her NX rumors then it would go a long way to legitimizing her as have good sources.

Appreciate the kind words.

What people don't seem to understand is that folks - like the ones mentioned above, often hear information that is not shared for a variety of reasons. But, above all, we put the safety of our sources first. No one should be fired over this stuff, and no one wants to get a person fired. A leak may be vague, but it is for a reason.

Sharing information or putting a source in jeopardy for internet fame is not a good thing. Sure, people on a forum or social media may love the leaked data, but it puts the source/contact at risk - along with their job and livelihood.

And that right there is the big difference between someone like you and someone like SMD.

(Also, you probably don't obsessively try to rebut every D-list youtuber or fan site that doesn't believe you... a little dignity and restraint goes a long way...)

I believe the analogy I once heard was that Nintendo is our childhood friend drunkenly dancing on the table with a lampshade for a hat, but as embarrassed as we are for them now, we can't forget the good times shared, or how they took care of us when we were in the pits. So we half smile in the dim light from the corner of the room in the party, occasionally mentioning to acquaintances, "Yeah, that's my best friend from Kindergarten over there."

And then the next day that drunken friend suddenly sobers up, saves another friend's marriage, and goes right back to drinking the day after that.

Nintendo is the "Charlie Day Wild Card" of game companies.

I might breakdown the day Nintendo announces the NX reveal date and the day they reveal it because the NX just feels like a fairy tale that's never going to come true lol.

Brofield

And then the next day that drunken friend suddenly sobers up, saves another friend's marriage, and goes right back to drinking the day after that.

Nintendo is the "Charlie Day Wild Card" of game companies.
Daycat_f5c363_5915000mobile.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There are ACTUAL insiders who have info in their given areas. People like NateDrake, Emily Rogers, ShockingAlberto, John Harker, all to various degrees. They have proven themselves to have some degree of trustworthiness and inside information.

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think you should assume any of this, and if the thread has become discussion about which vague twitter source is more reliable than which other vague twitter source, we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom