• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4: Far Harbor IOTI Point Lookout 2: Synthetic Boogaloo

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I may have accidentally told the brotherhood about Acadia right after I got there. I didn't mean to, kind of was an accident, but I'm deciding to ride it out, come what may. It guess my character is now a human supremacist.

GavinUK86

I may have accidentally told the brotherhood about Acadia right after I got there. I didn't mean to, kind of was an accident, but I'm deciding to ride it out, come what may. It guess my character is now a human supremacist.

"accident"

*speed dials 1 for bro maxson*

you monster

Replicant

This is one of those accidents along the lines of "Oops, I fell and accidentally slip a tongue in your mouth" kind of incident, rite?

I mean, in order for the Brotherhood to know, you have to go out of your way out of the Far Harbor and go into the Prydwen. That's not accident. That's premeditated murder. /you monster

Lanrutcon

Built a settlement to serve as a home base on the island.

z4gFnyI.jpg

eOG5JlH.jpg

UrEyXOd.jpg

znkmt7d.jpg

tM5ujN8.jpg

BU8hcLC.jpg

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Bethesda needs to understand that caps don't matter very much in this game, it is a shame that all the evil options only seem to offer you caps as an alternative.

It is really ridiculous in some cases, like after clearing the lumber mill to get another settlement option a guy is like lol what if instead i give you caps and you don't tell anyone it is clear.

Like bruh, maybe if you offer something like a unique armor or weapon or a cool mod or anything maybe I'll say yes, but for 200 caps?! Literally why.

Bethesda needs to understand that caps don't matter very much in this game, it is a shame that all the evil options only seem to offer you caps as an alternative.

It is really ridiculous in some cases, like after clearing the lumber mill to get another settlement option a guy is like lol what if instead i give you caps and you don't tell anyone it is clear.

Like bruh, maybe if you offer something like a unique armor or weapon or a cool mod or anything maybe I'll say yes, but for 200 caps?! Literally why.

For real. Caps are fucking useless, I have 20000 of them. You cannot bribe me.

Aurongel

Built a settlement to serve as a home base on the island.

You've gotta tell me what armor that is. You look like the merchant from RE4 lol.

What level is everyone at when you started the DLC? I'm level 30. It's fun but some parts are tough.

I was at 45 when I started it on the hardest difficulty and went in with no armor and a pipe pistol (I like to play these DLC's like a survivalist traveller). Got my ass handed to me for a good ten hours until I upgraded a lever action rifle to the highest receiver, now I can stealth kill almost anything in a few shots. Having a great time playing this DLC slow and stealthily like Far Cry or STALKER.

So maybe not the best place to ask this but since its Fallout 4 and active. I was wearing a "Cloaking" armor (get hit and become invisible once every 60 seconds) and now I am permanently invisible and can't see my pipboy anymore and can't figure out how to fix this. It also affected my old save files? I'm on PS4.

Going back to the main game its a revelation to have have clear skies and a stable framerate.

I am suprised they shipped it running that way after being so proud of how they generally nailed down performance in the main game outside of corvega.

Also, a heads up to the lever action rifle fans. Stock up on as much .45-70 you can before you leave. I can't find vendors that sell it outside far harbor and going back there on survival was annoying.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So now that I have finished Far Harbor and have completed all the other DLCs for Fallout 4, I can safely say that I have felt this season pass so far is not all that impressive and is very very likely to go down as the weakest DLC packs for the Fallout games and I am someone who got the season pass for $30 and I still feel underwhelmed as for someone who payed $50, it really sucks.

I actually felt Automatron was decent enough, but rather short as I completed it all in one sitting, still it was about as long as Operation Anchorage.

Wasteland Workshop was fun, but it got old real quick.

Far Harbor was very good, BUT it was simply not worth the $25 price. Sure the island was big, but the content was comparable in length to Point Lookout, Old World Blues, Honest Hearts etc. Far Harbor (as I expected it would be) was really a $15 DLC priced as a $25 DLC. There simply was not enough content there to justify the price IMO.

One other thing that disappointed me about Far Harbor is that it didn't add enough to the weapon and armor crafting. I figured they would surely have given you a station that would enable you to make your own legendaries and/or add ballistic weave to any article of clothing. I realize that you can do these things with MODs, but those fuckheads at Bethesda decided to disable achievements and that makes MODs a no go.

So at this point there is still $20 worth of DLC left unaccounted for and as of right now, I am not expecting much. Maybe two more packs with a length similar to Automatron.

Rumor has it that the next DLC will be a Nuka Cola amusement park and two more wasteland workshop DLC packs.

The next two DLC packs need to be pretty good to justify the cost.

Lanrutcon

You've gotta tell me what armor that is. You look like the merchant from RE4 lol.

I was at 45 when I started it on the hardest difficulty and went in with no armor and a pipe pistol (I like to play these DLC's like a survivalist traveller). Got my ass handed to me for a good ten hours until I upgraded a lever action rifle to the highest receiver, now I can stealth kill almost anything in a few shots. Having a great time playing this DLC slow and stealthily like Far Cry or STALKER.

Field Scribe armor (from the Brotherhood) with the new Hunter Hood from the DLC.

AHA-Lambda

So what are we expecting to follow after this?

They said they'd deliver more than the £40 value but they've already covered £32 and if this is the big kahuna of the season pass then it's pretty damn underwhelming =/

Branson

The question is whether to start a new character on Survival or just use my current character for these DLCs. I haven't played any of them.

Lanrutcon

The question is whether to start a new character on Survival or just use my current character for these DLCs. I haven't played any of them.

Played Far Harbor as a 91. There are some enemies which are insane hp sponges on normal. I mean to the point where a x4 Instigating Gauss Gun only does a third of its hp.

Played Far Harbor as a 91. There are some enemies which are insane hp sponges on normal. I mean to the point where a x4 Instigating Gauss Gun only does a third of its hp.

Yeah it's insane. I met the Shipbreaker today. No chance of killing it, would have costed me hundreds and hundreds of rounds.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So what are we expecting to follow after this?

They said they'd deliver more than the £40 value but they've already covered £32 and if this is the big kahuna of the season pass then it's pretty damn underwhelming =/

As I stated in my post two above yours:
"Rumor has it that the next DLC will be a Nuka Cola amusement park and two more wasteland workshop DLC packs.

The next two DLC packs need to be pretty good to justify the cost."

jacobeid

Banned
Holy fuck they need to use a new engine.

New. Not updated.

Game looks laughably bad. PC, 970, max settings. The jank is real.

Phii

Banned
ugh this
"hacking"
parts is terrible

Me myself found the final hacking puzzle to be quite enjoyable. The first four felt more like long, boring but straight forward like a tutorial (half-baked tutorial if one will) while in the final one I had to really observe the environment to proceed.

lt519

Tower Defense thing wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. The implementation was just dumb, you should be able to scrap multiple blocks and then place the where ever instead of having to move then all.

Last one doesn't have any story impact really so that can totally be skipped but it does add a location for some loot.

Memory 2 completion glitched and is stuck at incomplete at 100% in my questline stats.

Tower Defense thing wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. The implementation was just dumb, you should be able to scrap multiple blocks and then place the where ever instead of having to move then all.

Last one doesn't have any story impact really so that can totally be skipped but it does add a location for some loot.

Memory 2 completion glitched and is stuck at incomplete at 100% in my questline stats.

Anything that has me interact with the settlement building ui is bad.

oh shit, all this time I thought Far Harbor was $20. Yeah not worth $25, that's insane. Got the season pass when it was still $30 though so I can't complain

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Finally got to the tower defense puzzle.

It's not that it's complicated, it's just immensely tedious and I already know for a fact that this is going to be the one thing that keeps me from replaying this DLC to completion on other characters.

lt519

Just finished, with plenty left to do. I did all the side quests except Rites of Passage but really haven't explored fully.

It's not as big as some of the other Bethesda expansions but for what it's worth it's a lot better than the base game. I love the the story, the atmosphere, the enemies were fun. I had a very high charisma so that may of helped. Just leaps and bounds better in writing and decisions vs the base game. I'll probably go check out the other endings now, I seem to have found the most peaceful one and it wasn't very epic
fucking 1500 caps, c'mon, although the perk sounds nice, and the Zealot armor could come in handy
. Some neat new loot and weapons to play with. The sarcastic conversations were hysterical too.

Massive technical issues on the PS4. The frame rate is unacceptable outdoors, but fine everywhere else. Frame rate issues aside though it looked really great.

$25 is a lot, but I don't think too much. I'll easily get 20+ hours out of this with the different endings and some more exploration.

skyhaven

Neo Member
Eh, island got too big for its own good after a while. I got sick of walking around the island for a single quest and decided to find a shortcut method: Aquaboy Perk.

Just go underwater, automove forward. No risk of being attacked, wasting ammo, etc. Considering how much of the island's primary objectives are located near the water, I think it's a pretty good investment.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Eh, island got too big for its own good after a while. I got sick of walking around the island for a single quest and decided to find a shortcut method: Aquaboy Perk.

Just go underwater, automove forward. No risk of being attacked, wasting ammo, etc. Considering how much of the island's primary objectives are located near the water, I think it's a pretty good investment.
Funny because one the quest rewards is marine scuba which lets you breathe underwater rad free.

I saw the Marine Recon armor in a loading screen, it reminded me of the Chinese Stealth armor from FO3. I wonder how to get it.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the marine recon armor. what your thinking of is just a divesuit that goes underneath armor pieces. Complete past the third or so main story mission and it unlocks in vendors I think.

I loved me that CSA. My guess it's not coming back sadly.

Top Bottom