• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goddamn America, Trump is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

It is sad this is basically the episode of Black Mirror where the PM has to fuck a pig.

Hate politics that hurts everyone and people play it off for shits and giggles not realizing the end result and devastation it can cause.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Even if he has no chance of winning he's empowering all the wrong people in the US.
That's the big fear I have about all this. Even when Trump loses, his disgusting fanbase is still gonna be there out in the open, being as detestable as ever. Like Vietnam vets that still think they're back in the jungles.

Shit, what if they double down and get someone even worse than Trump for the 2020 election?

LQX

I haven't watched any of these president debates but I finally watched one a week or so ago and it was comedy gold. I hadn't laughed that hard in fucking months. I immediately knew why some loved Trump and why others took him as a joke. It was like GTA skit come to life. Oh man I love and hate this country.

That's the big fear I have about all this. Even when Trump loses, his disgusting fanbase is still gonna be there out in the open, being as detestable. Like Vietnam vets that still think they're back in the jungles.

Shit, what if they double down and get someone even worse than Trump for the 2020 election?
You mean Kanye?

Luckily I don't live in America so all of the horrors he would inflict on the country might be entertaining from afar.

Yeah just like it was so funny to see what Bush did over there in the US. You know, the stuff that didn't influence other parts of the world at all. So funny

Sesha

The novelty wore off quickly. Now he's just annoying and slightly terrifying.

Luckily I don't live in America so all of the horrors he would inflict on the country might be entertaining from afar.

Lucky the US is such an isolationist country. Just imagine what it would be like if the US was the most powerful and influential country in the world.

Incorrect, European Nationalists are combining left-winged economic policies with far-right social politics.

Well, Trump's economic policies are also pretty left. He was favorable about Obamacare. He doesn't have plans to make cuts in entitlements, etc. He's more left than a huge chunk of the GOP.

Problem is: he's running for the Republican nomination, so he can't say those things. So in yesterday's winner's speech, he walked back those earlier positive comments about Obama care. "We'll get rid of it", he said. It's not the first time that he apologized for sounding a bit too lefty.

Trump just happens to run for the Republican party, because it's the least bad fit. But he's not a product of Republican ideas.

Part of me hopes he gets elected, just to see what happens.
This 4chan 'for the lulz' mentality has to stop, outside of the crazies who genuinely support him this is the next big group promoting him. Realize that the joke is way past its expiration date and at this point if you're still laughing it's a bit childish considering how much support this racist idiot fuck genuinely has.

He is the end result of decades of increasing willful ignorance combined with a media system/internet that allows for people to view information that is skewed to their biases. Combine this with a political left that seems to think that sharing a Facebook post/tweet/tumblr post actually accomplishes things while the political right are systematically dismantling access to democracy with gerrymandering, purging people from voter rolls, voter ID laws, elimination of early voting etc.

Basically democrats are mostly lazy, while the republicans have been organizing, changing laws at the state and local level, and now we very well might have a dangerous fucking moron as President. But hey, the funny meme I shared about it on Facebook got 34 likes, so I am doing my part!

Geist-

he is America personified

*sigh* Great to see people still generalizing hundreds of millions of people. Almost like we're the only country in the world that has a significant number of "OUR COUNTRY IS GREAT" nationalists.

I'd say the fact that the Republican party has to resort to making it harder to vote, voter fraud(referring to 2000 election), and gerrymandering to win elections is proof that the majority of the USA does not conform to conservative stereotypes.

SeanR1221

But he can win if folks on the other side refuse to go out and vote for X candidate..been seeing a lot of talk like that for a minute.

Yup. Every Bernie supporter I personally know has been saying they refuse to vote for Hilary.

The only cool part about trumps future presidency is when he starts telling other countries they're fired.

Not

Banned
And he's going to be our next President, so-- get a good seat while you can

Especially if people are ACTUALLY not going to vote for Hillary if Bernie loses. What. The. Eff.

Geist-

My anecdote can beat up your anecdote!

RawSlowIcelandichorse.gif

Da_Bears

Neo Member
There are two non establishment candidates running. Bernie and Trump.

The left is to damn afraid to give the vote to Bernie, so they will give the nomination to Hilary.

Then the left hates on Trump even though he is for single payer healthcare, against trade agreements and wants to strengthen the US from the inside. He is the more liberal Republican candidate this country has seen in a long time.

I am right of center and sick and tired of the establishment politicians running things.

Bernie wins the nomination he gets my vote. Hilary gets it and I will vote for Trump.

Get rid of the establishment that is not working.

There are two non establishment candidates running. Bernie and Trump.

The left is to damn afraid to give the vote to Bernie, so they will give the nomination to Hilary.

Then the left hates on Trump even though he is for single payer healthcare, against trade agreements and wants to strengthen the US from the inside. He is the more liberal Republican candidate this country has seen in a long time.

He wanta to replace Obamacare with HSAs, stop parroting this bullshit.

Geist-

Even though I disagree with Trump on some key issues, I'm hoping after he wins the nomination and stops pretending to be an ultra conservative he forces the republican party farther to the left. That would help so much with the current shitty polarized political system in our country right now.

Disclaimer: Voting Democrat regardless.

Greddleok

Surely he has zero chance of winning. He's so extreme, that if he actually wins the primary, then he will have driven any moderate Republicans and on-the-fence voters into the arms of the democrats.

He has no sway with anyone other than crazy ass white folk. Anyone with an education, or any minority won't ever vote for him.

kess

I think it's more worrisome that for many people who believe they will "get theirs" in regards to healthcare, Trump's xenophobic rhetoric goes away. I mean, the guy was talking approvingly about pigs' blood and and shooting Muslims the other day.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
He isn't hilarious. Not one bit. He is a sad and horrible avatar for the stupid, bigoted, hateful minority that now believes it is legitimized by having this clownfuck be the leading gop candidate. He embodies some of the very worst aspects of humanity and the US should feel incredibly embarrassed about him.

abundant

Surely he has zero chance of winning. He's so extreme, that if he actually wins the primary, then he will have driven any moderate Republicans and on-the-fence voters into the arms of the democrats.

He has no sway with anyone other than crazy ass white folk. Anyone with an education, or any minority won't ever vote for him.

The (legit) fear is that Hilary wins the domination, resulting in Bernie Sander supporters not voting for anyone. That could result in Trump possibly winning.

Da_Bears

Neo Member

When did he change?

1999 he told Larry King he believes in Universal Healthcare.
2000 his book talked about it and looked to Canada for Guidance.
2015 said he liked Scotland's healthcare.

That is a pretty long stretch of believing in it to just stop believing in it.
Look at the response to Hannity when asked about it. He dodged the question.
He knows he cannot say he is more liberal than the rest of the candidates or he will not get a shot.

Da_Bears

Neo Member
Even though I disagree with Trump on some key issues, I'm hoping after he wins the nomination and stops pretending to be an ultra conservative he forces the republican party farther to the left. That would help so much with the current shitty polarized political system in our country right now.

Disclaimer: Voting Democrat regardless.

I agree. Both parties have gone so far either way to sway the fringe elements. Both need to get to a more center position on both sides.

Sianos

pledging to vote for trump if bernie loses is a very salient example of white privilege

it clearly demonstrates that open bigotry doesn't actually matter to you because it doesn't affect you: its the fuck you, got mine [think i'm going to get mine, in this case] attitude prominently on display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom