• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadowfall £0.85 UK PSN Store

RaikuHebi

Banned
I missed it by mere minutes. Damn it!

EDIT: Yep, a post on HDUK: "I did it at 8.05 this morning was working fine then." That's literally around the time I read the thread haha.

With getting Killzone for 85p, £50 free PSN vouchers with the Sun+ and using Amazon US download code for AC: black flag. I have only spent £25 since I got my PS4.

Does Sony have a 'Donate now button' I am feeling a little guilty!

d9b

Banned
So, for people that managed to download... Can you play the game or is it blocked on your dashboard?

PorllM

Banned
I know it's too late but I was frantically searching "Killzone" on the PSN web browser store and the only think that came up related to Shadowfall was the Free Week Multiplayer thing. No full game, no DLC, no icon pack. How did you all find it ?

EDIT: OOPS

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I know it's too late but I was frantically searching "Killzone" on the PSN web browser store and the only think that came up related to Shadowfall was the Free Week Multiplayer thing. No full game, no DLC, no icon pack. How did you all find it ?

There's a link to the web store in the OP.

ecosse_011172

It's on the download list for my non-existing PS4 (pre-ordered).
The chances of Sony not correct this by the time I get my quadruple are slim to non I guess..

KeRaSh

Ah well, too late. I already played through it (borrowed it from a friend) but having it just in case for that price would have been nice, too.

I think sony should be fine about honoring the game for those who had downloaded it, but im unsure that the people who have added it to their download history but not downloaded it to their console will get to keep it.

It would be a nice gesture of goodwill if they did let them like they did with the uncharted glitch. The game is only going to end up on PS+ at some point anyway so im not all fussed.

d9b

Banned
No problem, if you don't know how to do it, you need to go to Settings, PSN - Restore Licenses

It booted to menu fine, although I haven't had a chance to actually play it yet.
Downloaded while on standby... Will try it later on. What's their (SONY) past record on stuff like this, Will they let it slide or...?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
did this around 7:45am this morning, just turned on the PS4 on to see if it was downloading, and it had finished an hour ago according to the notifications. So thats 39GB in maybe 2 hours? Pretty good. Wonder if the PS4 is faster at downloading in standby than when on, as it doesn't need to reserve any bandwidth for games/other OS stuff.

It was fully installed too as I could continue my campaign from my disc save.

Storm360

Downloaded while on standby... Will try it later on. What's their (SONY) past record on stuff like this, Will they let it slide or...?

They're pretty good for it from what I can tell (At least during the PS3 days), Even the Dutch accounts to get Jak and Daxter HD free were fine

myca77

Boo, I missed it and wasted a whole whopping 85 pence.

Oh well, I got the disk that I can play, just that I've found the game a little difficult to really get into, but it would have been worth 85p to be able to have it digitally.....

If only there was a way to tie disk based games to digital games so I didn't have to get off the couch and pop the disk in........ Oh wait.....

Danneee

Misses it because my PP payment didn't go through. Oh well, will wait for the inevitable PS+ release and finish the game that way.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Oman this wont end well ..
It's not as bad as that.

Boo, I missed it and wasted a whole whopping 85 pence.

Oh well, I got the disk that I can play, just that I've found the game a little difficult to really get into, but it would have been worth 85p to be able to have it digitally.....

If only there was a way to tie disk based games to digital games so I didn't have to get off the couch and pop the disk in........ Oh wait.....
If they made it so online authentication wasn't required and had a system similar to how you register/unregister consoles with accounts (except for discs instead) then it would've been a perfect implementation.

I bought it before the takedown, I'm still able to download it.

Be interested to know if it shows up licence error if you try and start it, I'd try but it would take me 24 hours.

Top Bottom