• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadowfall £0.85 UK PSN Store

Laranja

That's just my luck.

I purchased Tokyo Jungle yesterday and had about £1 left in my account, so I just bought some stupid LBP costume thinking there'd be nothing worth spending that money on!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shows as full price to me...

Storm360

Anyone else having issues with this download version? I'm getting really long load times and the framerate frequently drops.

Silurus

I bought it and added to my download list before they removed it but my PS4 is turned off till I get home tonight.

Unsure if it will still download the whole game.

they can revoke the game license easily. it's not a price screw up. it's the game being linked to an incorrect item. Since you bought an icon pack, it's not wrong to remove your game access and give you the pack itself.

they can revoke the game license easily. it's not a price screw up. it's the game being linked to an incorrect item. Since you bought an icon pack, it's not wrong to remove your game access and give you the pack itself.

They could, but probably won't. I suspect that would have been done by now if it was going to happen. Furthermore, they could have easily revoked licenses for past-screw ups and refunded money; I got NBA 2K13 (PS3) free last year, when it wasn't supposed to be in my region. Having not even paid for it, it would've been incredibly easy for Sony to pull the license but nope, still in my download list. Accidents happen and, to this point, I think Sony's way of responding (shutting down the exploit) has been the best way of keeping people onside.

JLck

I posted this in a few different threads about 5 hrs before this thread got made but no one would make a thread for me.

Its in my download list but havent been on the PS4 to start it downloading yet. Does anybody know if ifs still downloading the full game?

hohoXD123

Doubt they will though, same thing happened with Uncharted Golden Abyss and that was probably more damaging than this. Imo the positive PR which will be gained by letting users keep it will be more beneficial than making up for the relatively tiny lost sales.

I posted this in a few different threads about 5 hrs before this thread got made but no one would make a thread for me.

Its in my download list but havent been on the PS4 to start it downloading yet. Does anybody know if ifs still downloading the full game?

Please let me know when you get a chance to find out.

Doubt they will though, same thing happened with Uncharted Golden Abyss and that was probably more damaging than this. Imo the positive PR which will be gained by letting users keep it will be more beneficial than making up for the relatively tiny lost sales.

Depending on how many people would've been purchasing the most heavily discounted launch title for £52.99 digitally, they might have inadvertently profited quite nicely from this error.

They could, but probably won't. I suspect that would have been done by now if it was going to happen. Furthermore, they could have easily revoked licenses for past-screw ups and refunded money; I got NBA 2K13 (PS3) free last year, when it wasn't supposed to be in my region. Having not even paid for it, it would've been incredibly easy for Sony to pull the license but nope, still in my download list. Accidents happen and, to this point, I think Sony's way of responding (shutting down the exploit) has been the best way of keeping people onside.

It's not the same. It didn't say nba2k13 avatar pack and the game coming in. The problem arises with content not matching description of item. What i'm saying is that they do not have to "revoke" the game, they simply have to turn it into the product it was supposed to be.

Carl

It's not the same. It didn't say nba2k13 avatar pack and the game coming in. The problem arises with content not matching description of item. What i'm saying is that they do not have to "revoke" the game, they simply have to turn it into the product it was supposed to be.

They could. But they won't. They've done stuff like this before and never really done anything about it. On the day Vita launched the accidently sold Uncharted (as the Treasure Map) for about £1, never did anything about it.

Pjsprojects

Downloaded this morning on the PS4.

I have the game on disc and had to delete it.

Multiplayer works fine.
Campaign works fine and does have my save game.
Botzone works fine.

Just downloading the new free maps now. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks before selling the disc version,just to be sure.

Edit-Free maps also working fine.

Imagine if MS messed up, they'd send lawyers to everyones house and lock your One up until you paid thousands of $ in compensation.

Downloaded this morning on the PS4.

I have the game on disc and had to delete it.

Multiplayer works fine.
Campaign works fine and does have my save game.
Botzone works fine.

Just downloading the new free maps now. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks before selling the disc version,just to be sure.

Edit-Free maps also working fine.

Exactly what I will be doing, I'll wait for the free week to pass and if it still works after then, I will look to sell the disc copy.

Haha epic bump.. Also, if this was MS, as someone quite rightly said, they would have the ban hammer out and perma banning accounts left right and centre... Nice to see no occurances after this accident.

Sorry for the bump. It is not mispriced again.

So, I was just on the store.

As it turns out, it seems that Sony have refunded me the 85p, as my balance now reads £5. However, checking my download list, it seems that Shadow Fall is still there and still available to download. All good. Go to console and the game still loads.

So, effectively, I own a free digital copy of Shadow Fall... did this happen to anyone else?

As it turns out, it seems that Sony have refunded me the 85p, as my balance now reads £5. However, checking my download list, it seems that Shadow Fall is still there and still available to download. All good. Go to console and the game still loads.

So, effectively, I own a free digital copy of Shadow Fall... did this happen to anyone else?

Even as a free game you won't be playing the multiplayer, eh?

No refund here, but I'm not complaining, still got my copy for 85p

Top Bottom