• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

MormaPope

Banned
The biggest mystery is which platforms would the mythical Persona 5 be on. PS3/Vita/3DS is the easiest bet, huge install base and Vita owners for most part all jumped in on Golden. PS3/Vita/Xbox 360/Wii U is also very likely. The least likely but still highly probable wiould be PS4/XB1/Wii U.

If Persona 5 ended up being on Android/iOS, GAF will have the biggest hate boner of all time.

RPGCrazied

If they do anything with the PS4, which they won't, they won't leave out the PS3. The install base is pretty tiny on PS4 compared to the PS3 right now.

The biggest mystery is which platforms would the mythical Persona 5 be on. PS3/Vita/3DS is the easiest bet, huge install base and Vita owners for most part all jumped in on Golden. PS3/Vita/Xbox 360/Wii U is also very likely. The least likely but still highly probable wiould be PS4/XB1/Wii U.

If Persona 5 ended up being on Android/iOS, GAF will have the biggest hate boner of all time.
How many times must people post that Persona 5 IS NOT a 3DS game? Some users know the platform and it's not the 3DS.

Wish harder for Persona 3 and maybe it will come true, but even that would probably be a Vita game.

I would like to have P5 on PS3 but if it's PS4 I'll live. I'm in no rush to play P5 anyway, will probably get the Golden version for $20 many years from now, lol.

This thread will be there to remind you all to not be excited when the disapointment will kick in .

But until then , let the hype train pick up speed ...

Robotics%3BNotes%20-%2015.jpg

I'll watch it all because it looks entertaining.

How many times must people post that Persona 5 IS NOT a 3DS game? Some users know the platform and it's not the 3DS.

Wish harder for Persona 3 and maybe it will come true, but even that would probably be a Vita game.

I would like to have P5 on PS3 but if it's PS4 I'll live. I'm in no rush to play P5 anyway, will probably get the Golden version for $20 many years from now, lol.

Really?

Gattsu25

Banned
I don't want the next Persona to be a single platform game.

I want it to be a 3DS, Vita, PS3, 360, PS4, XB1, and PC game

MormaPope

Banned

I haven't been following this announcement that closely, I don't even own a 3DS. Please keep in mind that some people don't have the same info you do.

RPGCrazied

So we will know probably on Saturday? Wouldn't it be Sunday then in Japan? Sorry for my lack of timezones knowledge in other countries.

Some mods do which is why my feeling is that it's an Xbox One exclusive based on some of the comments that they've made. It'd be a batshit insane choice, but that's the platform that I think it'll be on. I honestly don't see how it benefits anyone though. MS had Star Ocean and Tales exclusive for a period on the 360, and they really didn't do anything for the console even though they're much bigger than Persona. And from Atlus' perspective they've got a series that's just now gaining traction and this would essentially derail it for the time being.

im so happy its not on 3DS ;_;

my prayers were answered.

I knew Atlus Christ would never let me down

lol Kyon, I dunnooooo, those 2D sprites in SMTIV during battles were pretty awesome and they could really elevate the series by having a map on the bottom screen

Anyway, I hope that if it has an online component that it is really neat :)

ampere

Even though I don't want to get optimistic I'm really hoping this is a P5 for PS3 announcement. I'm planning on holding onto my PS3 anyway and I'm going wait a bit to get a PS4'

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

wtf? I'd rather they not even make the game at all if this is true.

would def bum me out
I'm not planning on getting an xbone for a long time if ever

dungtongue

Neo Member
duckroll straight up said that it isn't a 3DS game in the recent Media Create thread.

Fuck yes! It's embarrassing to say, but I would have been genuinely pissed if Persona 5 landed on a weak handheld after all these years of waiting, especially after seeing what they did with Catherine.

Fuck yes! It's embarrassing to say, but I would have been genuinely pissed if Persona 5 landed on a weak handheld after all these years of waiting, especially after seeing what they did with Catherine.

I have a 3ds and I like it, but I'd much rather have it on something with a higher resolution. The art in this series is too good to abuse it like that.

RPGCrazied

I'm lame. I've never beat 3 or 4. I got to the last boss in 3, but it was kicking my ass. Gave up. I got to the bath house area in 4 and stopped for some reason. I'd love for an HD collection to rise up so I can try again. If not I guess I'll rebuy them and emulate them on PC.

Dr. Buni

Some mods do which is why my feeling is that it's an Xbox One exclusive based on some of the comments that they've made. It'd be a batshit insane choice, but that's the platform that I think it'll be on. I honestly don't see how it benefits anyone though. MS had Star Ocean and Tales exclusive for a period on the 360, and they really didn't do anything for the console even though they're much bigger than Persona. And from Atlus' perspective they've got a series that's just now gaining traction and this would essentially derail it for the time being.
iO94lgJwiY62A.gif

Kyon

Banned
lol Kyon, I dunnooooo, those 2D sprites in SMTIV during battles were pretty awesome and they could really elevate the series by having a map on the bottom screen

Anyway, I hope that if it has an online component that it is really neat :)

ch...
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

Even though I don't want to get optimistic I'm really hoping this is a P5 for PS3 announcement. I'm planning on holding onto my PS3 anyway and I'm going wait a bit to get a PS4'

would def bum me out
I'm not planning on getting an xbone for a long time if ever

If its for XBone like.. would anyone care is the question. The series is niche enough as it is

I have a 3ds and I like it, but I'd much rather have it on something with a higher resolution. The art in this series is too good to abuse it like that.

I like you

I'm lame. I've never beat 3 or 4. I got to the last boss in 3, but it was kicking my ass. Gave up. I got to the bath house area in 4 and stopped for some reason. I'd love for an HD collection to rise up so I can try again. If not I guess I'll rebuy them and emulate them on PC.

Yeah you can totally get boned in 3 if you're not high enough level. The gap in difficulty between the next-to-last and final dungeons is a bit too much.

RPGCrazied

Yeah you can totally get boned in 3 if you're not high enough level. The gap in difficulty between the next-to-last and final dungeons is a bit too much.

It was a spammy spell he kept using. I think it was called Armageddon? Not sure, but it always wiped the party out. lol

Top Bottom