• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I don't believe this tbh

That combo uses assists...

This game doesn't have assists.

c20e70c2ef0fceff36fa6e4a3f5c4b16.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lmao some people even say they just copy & paste Ryu's face on Hulk.

yurinka

Will it be 1080/60 on PS4 amateur?
Yes.
Is Capcom done with releasing ultimate iterations or can we expect a newer, inclusive version of the game a bit later?
Like SFV this game seems to feature a Deluxe Edition that includes the game and the characters season pass. If the game performs decently, expect to see at least a 2nd season pass and an updated version of the Deluxe Edition that would include Season 1+2 passes.

I'm not saying it's bad I'm just saying all of this happening so quickly doesn't give you guys a bit of pause like hey they MIGHT be rushing it. Fighting games are incredibly complex due to balance issues no one character can be to weak or too powerful. Also this game has to have quite a big roster, an equal one. So this is going to be something.

Launch day balance is irrelevant in this day & age - you can simply adjust the game's balance post-launch. Almost every major fighting game in the last few years has done so. But just to give you an idea about industry workings - rushed games tend to come out at the end of fiscal years, not at the onset of one of the busiest quarters in the year.

If it feels rushed because this game didn't exist in the public eye 6+ months ago, thats one thing. But Capcom has taken to a fast-turnaround for announcement->release, which is a move made popular with Fallout 4. The game is going to have a big roster, tons of modes - I don't know what else you're expecting from it other than graphical fidelity on par with Tekken 7 (an impossibility given the consoles its targeting). It feeling rushed is a product of your imagination.

I-hate-u

Could she look better? Yes.

Right now she looks "decent".

She looks way better than X, and light years better than any Injustice 2 female.

By Capcom standards she looks constipated at best. And I don't follow NR games that much but is that's the case, yikess~~~~.

Neonep

Launch day balance is irrelevant in this day & age - you can simply adjust the game's balance post-launch. Almost every major fighting game in the last few years has done so. But just to give you an idea about industry workings - rushed games tend to come out at the end of fiscal years, not at the onset of one of the busiest quarters in the year.

If it feels rushed because this game didn't exist in the public eye 6+ months ago, thats one thing. But Capcom has taken to a fast-turnaround for announcement->release, which is a move made popular with Fallout 4. The game is going to have a big roster, tons of modes - I don't know what else you're expecting from it other than graphical fidelity on par with Tekken 7 (an impossibility given the consoles its targeting). It feeling rushed is a product of your imagination.
Nothing is touching Tekken 7 but I think the game looks just fine. Hopefully Capcom learns from SFV and maybe I am wrong about this being a rushed product. We'll find out soon enough.

Beth Cyra

So are they ever going to let X have a cool moment I all these trailers? Every storyline moment he is getting his ass kicked benit by Iron Man or Sigtron.

jett

D-Member
I'm excited just for the fact that is a marvel vs capcom game, and i will always love the series. But so far the artstyle, the colors, and overall the art direction are something i'm not diggin.

For example, TvC and UMVC3 where even more hype because of all the artistic directions. The first looks like an anime, and the second like a comic.

Tatsunoko_VS._Capcom_-_Street_Fighter__G-Force_by_Shinkiro.jpg

*what it looks like in your head*

*what it really looked like*

rSwwu.jpg

Honestly though, TvC and MvC3 share a lot of design sensibilities, surely was because both were made by Eighting. And MvCI is not.

Yukinari

If one of those DLC character is not Asura or Gene then Capcom can fuck off.

Hell they should be in the main game and not even DLC.

Skilletor

Nothing is touching Tekken 7 but I think the game looks just fine. Hopefully Capcom learns from SFV and maybe I am wrong about this being a rushed product. We'll find out soon enough.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...footage-shows-noticeable-slowdowns-durin.html

Hope that gets worked out in 1.5 months.

T7 can look as pretty as it wants, but if it runs like shit on consoles, it's useless to me and going to suck for the competitive scene.

So are they ever going to let X have a cool moment I all these trailers? Every storyline moment he is getting his ass kicked benit by Iron Man or Sigtron.

That's cuz X jobs, Zero saves.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Let me touch on the subject of Capcom moving toward to casual fanbase discussion , how do you feel if they get rid of dragon punch input?

Dahbomb

The DMC5 theory is still intact after this announcement.
Of course it is man.

Regard with Capcom moving toward to casual fanbade, how do you feel if they get rid of dragon punch input?
As long as there is a suitable replacement for the input it's fine. Just don't remove moves because you can't do dragon punches anymore.

You are still going to have swag combos in Marvel Infinite.

It will just be different and less execution heavy.

tumblr_o8rx12Zsb51qep51no1_400.gif

For some reason, I find it hard to get hyped for this game. Theoretically it should be my most anticipated release of 2017 - I've played MVC2 and MVC3 religiously and COTA was the first PSX game I purchased, but nothing has really wowed me so far.

Negaduck

I loved the way TVC looked. Maybe it's the slight outlines. But that is my shit. That's the style evolution I would have loved for them to keep.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
huh its 49.99€ on Steam, not 59.99€ as most games these days.

GoodguyCapcom

also it has a screenshot I havent seen in other places

TreIII

Probably. But it likely won't be until close to the end of the story, and after he gets a rousing speech from his new friends, like Cap and Chris.

DR2K

Banned
I just preordered the regular edition. I have no interest in the costumes and I'm sure the 6 DLC characters will be mostly dude bros or shit gimmicks.

Baleoce

Asking us to pre-order the game, and buy DLC before even showing us the majority of the game does not sit right with me at all. Afterwards, sure. That's fairly commonplace these days and is par for the course. But really, this is out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom