• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

LMAO @ MM being the leader of the Capcom side.

People like Dante and Vergil aren't going to take orders from some kid robot. Vergil is probably going to try to dethrone Ultron Sigma himself and take the Stones.

Vergil with Infinity Gauntlet... he will finally have all the power.

The current Vergil we know in 3 doesn't need any more power
Stop trying to buff your people

What is going on with the character models? Is this Unreal Engine? Mess

uxRYaqN.png

So all thanos had to do was pre-order MVC:I and he could have gotten the infinity stones

LMAO

NEO0MJ

People like Dante and Vergil aren't going to take orders from some kid robot. Vergil is probably going to try to dethrone Ultron Sigma himself and take the Stones.

You're jumping the gun. Whose t say Vergil or even Dante will show up?

Numb

Don't you hear what he is saying?

Whenever he X factors, he says I need power. Even LVL4 XF isn't enough for him, he wants to go further and beyond! It is an addiction.

You can't snake tongue your way into another broken Vergil
But Capcom should buff all my people and nerf everyone else

Tizoc

It is high time Pyron was put into an MvC as a playable character
pyron-cfjstance.gif

I mean come on...Infinity Stones and you don't add in the one being who could rival Marvel's bigger galactic-centric characters?

BossRush

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the gauge for the infinity stone looks suspiciously a lot like the Revenge meter from SF4

Come back mechanics are in full force it seems.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the gauge for the infinity stone looks suspiciously a lot like the Revenge meter from SF4

Come back mechanics are in full force it seems.

Ya it just looks like instead of X-Factor bullshit it'll be multiple types of bullshit

Anth0ny

I want Dark Phoenix with Infinity Gauntlet

Negaduck

Fuck it at this point I'm so hype make this shit a rhythm game idgaf just give me maaaaahhhhvvveeeeeell.

One button to move toward opponent. One button to combo. One button to tac infinite. I don't care anymore I'm so hype.

Mvc3 had two types of comebacks - meter build and X factor. This game seems to have two - one gem and meter gain. Where's the other types?

Depending on how many gems they actually have mechanics for (I'm guessing all?), there's 6 if they have some real fuckery to em

Like the two in the opening trailer looked like one gave you wallbounces and the other made you faster, so those are both combo extenders

Slaythe

I think Injustice 2 has set the bar too high because I cringed far too much through that whole trailer :/ .....

I'm not feeling it but i'll wait to see more of it.

Jawmuncher

Considering how hyped I was for MVC3, I definitely ain't feeling the same sort of feelings for MVC:I. We'll see how things go throughout the rest of the year. Some good gameplay demos and some neat character additions could go a long way in rectifying that. Unlike MVC3 where it had the hype of coming back after so long and providing a new take for the series in 3D. MVC:I to me has to live up in a sense of what MVC3 offered before it. So it has bigger shoes to fill.

I'm hoping the game turns out well. But being burned by SFV still lingers so it's going to take more than Chris this time to get me full-on the train for Day 1.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think Injustice 2 has set the bar too high because I cringed far too much through that whole trailer :/ .....

I'm not feeling it but i'll wait to see more of it.

Let's be real here, the story will be garbage but that's definitely not what people are looking forward to in a fighting game so who cares really? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lupinko

thats sooner than expected. Hopefully it doesnt mean its rushed out the door like SF5...

thats exactly what it means isnt it? :3

6 DLC chars huh? guess I gotta buy that deluxe version

This game is reusing a lot of assets from Ultimate Marvel 3, it's a lot less work for them. :p

Kouichi

Ah finally some MVCI news. I was hoping for some gameplay, but the story mode is looking good so far. While I prefer the comic book style of the previous game, the graphics still look great.

I hope we get some press gameplay soon. I want to see how Hawkeye and Rocket Raccoon have changed. I also really want to see how the simplified the controls have become based on what Ryce said. I know most won't be happy, but my execution has always been awful so I'm looking forward to this.

Sesha

^Hopefully it's a sign that Evil Ryu is taking Asura's place. Good riddance.

What is going on with the character models? Is this Unreal Engine? Mess

uxRYaqN.png

LMAO

No that's Capcom's modeling or the modeling whatever CG company the CG movies are outsourced to, and has nothing to do with Unreal Engine 4.

So... when are we gonna know more about the soundtrack? Is everyone going to have their own themes like UMVC3 with new arrangements? Can Mega Man X's theme be Boomer Kuwanger's music, please?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
... Those "new" characters aren't much to get hyped over. It's so SAFE, and we even have animations from the old game (Like Hulk's Gamma Wave) used in PR screenshots. Why?

Sigma and Command Missions X are pretty awesome, surely, but the rest feels so choppy. That story trailer had such little coherence; Why is Ultron talking to Chris like they should totally know each other?

6 DLC characters, 4 Premium Skins... couldn't any of this wait until we at least know how many characters the game itself will have, first? We haven't even seen proper matches, and they want to tell us to prepare to buy additional characters. I don't mind that there WILL be some for the game, but it's so jumbled.

It's also really weird seeing all these old characters when there's so much change in the Marvel NOW! universe. Ironman rather than Ironheart, classic Hulk rather than Amadeus, a Thor that doesn't realty stick in anywhere, etc. Future Fight on Mobile seems to be more relevant in design than this, and that's just odd.

I just find it bumming how little this seems... exciting. They wait SO LONG to update on news, and the first stuff just fills in fairly safe expectations.

Well, we still have a lot of time to go... lets hope to see more coherence and focus as the weeks go by. Not like a MVC game shouldn't have enough characters and lore to show off something new weekly until release, really.

Spman2099

Hope it leads to a crazy big roster. If MVCI can be the modern day Marvel2 roster wise...I'm ok with that.

Yeah, I would personally be okay with that as well. As long as we still end up with some interesting characters like Pheonix Wright, Arthur, or Firebrand. Right now this roster looks PAINFULLY boring.

They need to bring the hype with the next trailer. We need some unique characters.

I had to laugh at how you see various powerful guys get taken down with no effort...only to see Chris shoot Ultron as if that was supposed to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom