• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
artstyle so so much better than umvc3. day 1 on pc.

njKEQ.gif

First time I've been triggered on Gaf... congratulations.

Some of you guys are gonna die when you hear about the control scheme/gameplay mechanics.

#casuals

Press a button, get a mixup.

I don't care what the control setup is. I play BlazBlue which has 4 buttons, and it's probably the hardest fighting game out there.

He got owned off-screen by that lightning attack. Strider is the only one that wasn't shown getting owned.

On one hand, part of Hiryu's job description seems to be taking down massive waves of robots so he's kinda ready for this type of fight

On the other, he seems to have vanished completely after taking down a few bots.

Maybe while Ultron Sigma is busy with Chris for all of 5 seconds, Hiryu is doing something similar to this

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wonder if Thanos will be in the base roster or DLC. It's not unlike Thanos to play second fiddle to other villains often (given that story purpose is one of the main selection criteria for characters this go around).

Hero

I love how X is the "leader" of the Capcom side.

Would like to see Ruby Heart come back.

As a side note, I updated the title to reflect that the season pass is for the 2017 DLC characters, implying there are 2018 (or even beyond) DLC characters.

I'm speculating based on what Ryce is saying and what Capcom has kind of gotten at recently.

I could see them trying something new due to how Street Fighter V went over, or if they viewed Street Fighter V as their more core oriented product.

I'm hoping MvC:I is something that is supported for the next few years, given how many characters they could have from both companies.

I'm excited just for the fact that is a marvel vs capcom game, and i will always love the series. But so far the artstyle, the colors, and overall the art direction are something i'm not diggin.

For example, TvC and UMVC3 where even more hype because of all the artistic directions. The first looks like an anime, and the second like a comic.

Tatsunoko_VS._Capcom_-_Street_Fighter__G-Force_by_Shinkiro.jpg

Yeah I love Shinkiro's art for MvC3.

ZeroCDR

Wonder if Thanos will be in the base roster or DLC. It's not unlike Thanos to play second fiddle to other villains often (given that story purpose is one of the main selection criteria for characters this go around).

I'd be totally shocked if he weren't base roster, but maybe they want to wait for Infinity War.

Really not liking the art direction. Going for a realistic style on a lot of cartoony Capcom characters doesn't work. I can't even imagine what a realistic Phoenix Wright would look like.

Gene (god hand) would look good though.

The command mission X looks great.

I've no interest in this game due to their dubious DLC decisions and less than great track record in recent years in terms of fighters at launch, but I'm glad they're actually pulling from some unique sources for costumes and ideas.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ MM being the leader of the Capcom side.

People like Dante and Vergil aren't going to take orders from some kid robot. Vergil is probably going to try to dethrone Ultron Sigma himself and take the Stones.

Vergil with Infinity Gauntlet... he will finally have all the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom