• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spman2099

How good is MvC3?

Depends on how you like your fighting games...

It is a 3v3 fighting game that is primarily focused on touch of death combos. Zoning is severely downplayed, as all the characters have crazy tools and mobility. Needless to say, there s a VERY heavy emphasis on offense. Oh, and it has one of the most overwhelmingly powerful comeback mechanics to have ever been placed in a fighting game.

Neonep

Aside from the fact that everything we have heard is pointing to us getting Xmen/Fox characters as DLC, you don't think Marvel has 30 characters that would be viable?
No. The X-Men characters alone are probably the best characters Marvel has. You could make a fighting game with a nice roster with X-Men characters alone.

Wow!

I actually approve of an easy input system. A FGS execution ceiling doesn't have to come from inputs. Once the game gets established execution barriers will become a reality.

I'm definitely willing to have the details fleshed out before I judge regarding execution

Numb

Wow!

I actually approve of an easy input system. A FGS execution ceiling doesn't have to come from inputs. Once the game gets established execution barriers will become a reality.

I'm definitely willing to have the details fleshed out before I judge regarding execution

RT thought the same and made specials one move
1 button press DPs
Everyone loves em

That was a joke

TP

Capcom knows their audience has decades of muscle memory why would they throw traditional inputs out the window now when they could add simple inputs like they have plenty of times and appease both types of players.

Why even worry about this

Dahbomb

You guys are overreacting over that change. AL it does is cut out reverse DP moves which no one liked.

The real stuff has yet to come.

Jawmuncher

Why the fuck would they do charge moves? Those are anything but casual friendly.

How many people play Bison, Balrog and the like because charges are easy? Nobody that's who

Hazzuh

I can say this right now: DP inputs are gone. Ryu’s Shoryuken is done with a down, down motion.

200.webp

If they want to bring casuals in they can just add that mode they had in Marvel super heroes vs street fighter and Marvel vs Capcom 1, where it was easy to pull off basic aircombos and special moves

No. The X-Men characters alone are probably the best characters Marvel has. You could make a fighting game with a nice roster with X-Men characters alone.

Ok. To each their own. I'm not saying the X Men arent a huge part of Marvel, but to think that Marvel doesn't have 30 characters outside of the X Men that could make this roster up is foolish

FML @ the DP motion's being changed. When we talked about casual friendly I thought we were talking button's not changing core motions.

You already took my assists you bastards. Please let this be an easy mode thing, you don't need to dumb it down for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom