• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

DP is only easier to do than double tap if you are playing on stick.

Playing on pad (or keyboard or hitbox) down, down is far easier. This isn't a foreign concept, people play NRS games and Tekken you know.

Capcom is designing the game around the default peripheral of a console, not on arcade which this game isn't even on.

mbpm1

oXg9JMN.gif

You did this.

And you messed up their faces!

Gren

I actually like this change. Hopefully there are two options so purists can have it the traditional way tho.
Even if they do have both methods, I'm screwed on wavedashing (if it even still exists in its current form). Gonna get accidental DPs all day :p

FSLink

Banned

Playing on pad (or keyboard or hitbox) down, down is far easier. This isn't a foreign concept, people play NRS games and Tekken you know.

Capcom is designing the game around the default peripheral of a console, not on arcade which this game isn't even on.
I get why. But I play on stick so this sucks. :(
Better be an option.

RT thought the same and made specials one move
1 button press DPs
Everyone loves em

That was a joke
That's a SF styled game though. A lot of the execution in Marvel/anime games comes from the movement options. I get those are restricted atm, but I'm willing to wait for more game play details before I judge

vg260

That certainly seems to be the case.

Ryce

There are even more dumbed down gameplay changes that I can't talk about right now, but you'll hear about everything in a few days.

Neonep

I'm confused.

How are Hulk, Thor, Chun-Li, Strider and Chris new characters?
They are not new characters in the sense that they haven't appeared before but they are new characters in the sense that they were just confirmed to be in this game today. They go under returning characters. Ultron & Sigma on the other hand are new characters.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

What if Marvel want them to make it similar to Injustice since they might be impressive with the sales of Injustice 1. Injustice doesn't have DP input, but guess what, they have down down button input.

mbpm1

I am actually curious to see what other changes they make. Hoping these are good changes and not "no player lobbies with more than 2 people at launch" changes.

mbpm1

There are even more dumbed down gameplay changes that I can't talk about right now, but you'll hear about everything in a few days.

Let's follow this thread.

MK style motions, at very least.

3 buttons + special button.

Maybe no crouch bc why not

Dahbomb

Eve if it is provided as an option, you would be foolish to pick the default control to DP.

That's because with down down you will always do auto correct DPs. Think about that for a second, that is a significant advantage to have.

NotLiquid

Double input DP fucks me up.

I hate doing double inputs on sticks. It's one of the main reasons I can't really get good with certain characters in GGXRD who rely on air dash combos.

It's sounding like they just made the controls for pad fighters. I'm really not liking this.

Neoxon

No. The X-Men characters alone are probably the best characters Marvel has. You could make a fighting game with a nice roster with X-Men characters alone.
I can easily make you an MCU-friendly Marvel side of 30.
  1. Iron Man
  2. Captain America
  3. Captain Marvel
  4. Thor
  5. Hulk
  6. Hawkeye
  7. Rocket Raccoon
  8. Ultron
  9. Black Widow
  10. Doctor Strange
  11. Spider-Man
  12. Black Panther
  13. Ms. Marvel
  14. Star-Lord
  15. Thanos
  16. Black Bolt
  17. Daredevil
  18. Iron Fist
  19. Loki
  20. Nova (Richard Rider)
  21. Doctor Octopus
  22. Green Goblin
  23. Vision
  24. Songbird
  25. Medusa
  26. Quake
  27. Cloak & Dagger
  28. Squirrel Girl
  29. Dormammu
  30. Punisher
The possible lack of Fox characters stings, believe me. But having a huge roster outside of them isn't that hard.

vg260

I still remember the first time I pulled off a DP motion in Street Fighter 2 in the arcade. It felt so good, and I was so proud. Oh, the memories.

But we've been doing DP for years...

I mean, come on. That's not a difficult motion. Even casuals can easily learn to do it.

MADGAME

Even if easier to execute, there's no way I won't still be performing QCF+P out of instinct and muscle memory. Unlearning that will take some effort.

I can say this right now: DP inputs are gone. Ryu's Shoryuken is done with a down, down motion.

That's what we deserve for not sending SFV to such heights.

Super Smash Bros for Wii U (5.16 million), Smash 3DS (8.59 million), Mortal Kombat X (5 million).

SFV: 1.5 million.

Capcom learned the wrong thing and we will pay for it.

Numb

I still remember the first time I pulled off a DP motion in Street Fighter 2 in the arcade. It felt so good, and I was so proud. Oh, the memories.

That was 25yrs ago
Time for fighters to evolve and change inputs to random shit

cordy

Banned
Casuals are gonna be trying to do the new down, down, DP and instead they'll be teabagging.

Capcom you evil bastards.

Neonep

1. Iron Man
  2. Captain America
  3. Captain Marvel
  4. Thor
  5. Hulk
  6. Hawkeye
  7. Rocket Raccoon
  8. Ultron
  9. Black Widow
  10. Doctor Strange
  11. Spider-Man
  12. Black Panther
  13. Ms. Marvel
  14. Star-Lord
  15. Thanos
  16. Black Bolt
  17. Daredevil
  18. Iron Fist
  19. Loki
  20. Nova (Richard Rider)
  21. Doctor Octopus
  22. Green Goblin
  23. Vision
  24. Songbird
  25. Medusa
  26. Quake
  27. Cloak & Dagger
  28. Squirrel Girl
  29. Dormammu
  30. Taskmaster
The possible lack of Fox characters stings, believe me. But having a huge roster outside of them isn't that hard.
They have a staple of characters but the X-Men characters are pretty much better than half that list.

1. Iron Man
  2. Captain America
  3. Captain Marvel
  4. Thor
  5. Hulk
  6. Hawkeye
  7. Rocket Raccoon
  8. Ultron
  9. Black Widow
  10. Doctor Strange
  11. Spider-Man
  12. Black Panther
  13. Ms. Marvel
  14. Star-Lord
  15. Thanos
  16. Black Bolt
  17. Daredevil
  18. Iron Fist
  19. Loki
  20. Nova (Richard Rider)
  21. Doctor Octopus
  22. Green Goblin
  23. Vision
  24. Songbird
  25. Medusa
  26. Quake
  27. Cloak & Dagger
  28. Squirrel Girl
  29. Dormammu
  30. Taskmaster
Where is my Punisher, Neoxon?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom