• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negaduck

Down down + button is a free auto correct.

Don't have to worry about doing a dragon punch in the wrong direction if you don't have to pick during the motion!

Maybe people will drop combos less now.

(I'm not a fan personally)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I get why. But I play on stick so this sucks. :(
Better be an option.

Same here. I really hope that they would provide the option for us to use SRK input but we will see.

There are even more dumbed down gameplay changes that I can't talk about right now, but you'll hear about everything in a few days.

Yeah, I can't wait for the reactions.

just wait til you hear about the dash, friend

Karsticle wouldn't like it a bit for sure.

Spman2099

There are even more dumbed down gameplay changes that I can't talk about right now, but you'll hear about everything in a few days.

This is going to be an absolute debacle, isn't it? Capcom is going to be able to survive if they keep pulling this shit...

True. But since it's a new game, why not rethink the layout and motions of moves. Like have a classic layout (Dp, qcf, ect.) and a " infinity" style control where everything is easier to perform.( Downdown motion, ect.)
Isn't the idea some stuff/characters are balanced via inputs?

Like why the hell Guile gets those crazy Z motion supers.

Sesha

No. The X-Men characters alone are probably the best characters Marvel has. You could make a fighting game with a nice roster with X-Men characters alone.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anth0ny

I have a feeling supers are going to be done by holding down a shoulder button and pressing a face button.

In other words, fuck stick players.

dankir

You guys are overreacting over that change. AL it does is cut out reverse DP moves which no one liked.

The real stuff has yet to come.

I still don't know how people used Spider Man so effectively, reverse DP's mixed in with all the other shit he can do. My hands exploded trying to learn him.

giphy.gif

Why..? ;_;

cordy

Banned

Hmmm...

I've been ok with the graphics...
I've been ok with the gems being brought back...
I've been ok with it being 2v2...
I've been ok with the characters...
I've been ok with Sigma being DLC...

But...

These dumbed down gameplay changes is something that's officially causing me to worry a little bit...nah man. Nah, they gotta have those traditional inputs. Let's pray.

Numb

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Especially not since "X-Men" in this case probably refers to the same group of 10-ish or so characters, and not the dozens of characters that writers have introduced then swiftly abandoned after their storyline because the X-Men is a literal limbo for characters.

Some people don't even know most of the Capcom or even other Marvel characters in a MvC but Wolverine,Magneto,Storm and Doom too on everyones mind

Hmmm...

I've been ok with the graphics...
I've been ok with the gems being brought back...
I've been ok with it being 2v2...
I've been ok with the characters...
I've been ok with Sigma being DLC...

But...

These dumbed down gameplay changes is something that's officially causing me to worry a little bit...nah man. Nah, they gotta have those traditional inputs. Let's pray.

Bro if they turn Marvel into some smash bros shit I'm enlisting in the kappa pitchfork army

At this point unless I see some good shit, not even Regina is gonna save this

I'm curious what the sales expectations are. If they're abnormally high then it was definitely marvel at play.

For the cost of the characters and to get Marvel...Disney on board I wouldn't be surprised.

Maybe but its not like SFV isn't absurdly watered down compared to SFIV.

Regardless, this is far more drastic. And SFV kept the core concept of SF in tact. This doesn't sound like it as much.

Someone has to put their foot down with Capcom fucking about

Just didn't expect it'll be in this roundabout way

But they were on the upstream. RE7 apology video, better communication with SFV, and then.

Then this came.

Clipse

This game is going to sell millions just for being so casual friendly. Marvel characters + story mode + dumbed down gameplay is a recipe for success.

NotLiquid

I dunno I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic.

But between the shitty UI, iffy homogenized design on some characters (I didn't even realize Hawkeye's character design is pretty much taken wholesale from that mobile game) and simplified mechanics, I'm going to need to see some game play before I'm convinced.

I wanted MvC3 to be a little simpler since I didn't like how everything was one-hit-you're-dead, and assists were too complicated for me since I just the game for it's fluidity and how it felt to play. But even for someone like me this seems too simplified.

I have faith in Capcom and the people behind it to make a solid game. Everything about the circumstances leading to the game seems great, so it's just disappointing that right now it just looks... unexciting.

Mik317

I remember the GAF thread asking for no more "hard" motions like QCF.

anyone mad about this should probably thank the folks from there.

yall did this

says the man whose execution is assssssssssss

Neonep

Shit the only reason Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, and others are more known now is because Marvel put them at the forefront of movies because they didn't have the rights to Spider-Man & X-Men.

Numb

For the cost of the characters and to get Marvel...Disney on board I wouldn't be surprised.

Regardless, this is far more drastic. And SFV kept the core concept of SF in tact. This doesn't sound like it as much.

But they were on the upstream. RE7 apology video, better communication with SFV, and then.

Then this came.

RE7 yeah but SFV is hardly a positive
They just delayed a patch and character but announced like 3 different cloth dlcs the following days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom