• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness, easy controls have been an option in Vs. games since MSHvSF, even extending to the GC and Xbox versions of CvS2 and both TvC games.

Come to think of it, CvS2 EO had it's casual controls front and center.

ev0

The fans' die hard dedication has allowed us to make another Marvel game, for the fans

So we're going to make it completely different and not what those fans want

Dead Rising 4 is returning to the series' roots!

Here's a game only for people who don't like Dead Rising.

Its the Capcom way

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
『Inaba Resident』;234698485 said:
It's not gonna happen after this game bombs

Eh the FGC is just a small part of the consumers.

Lot's more will be happy the game is easier to play now.

People like me for example, i'm a casual and when i want to play this with friends drunk on a saturday night i don't want to spend half the night teaching them how to play the game.

But i do wish the game had some kind of hardcore mode for the FGC where it's harder to do shit.

I can say this right now: DP inputs are gone. Ryu’s Shoryuken is done with a down, down motion.

I've not really played a fighting game heavily in over a decade, and was considering buying this.

But if this is true, nah, forget it. That drops my chances of purchasing the game to near zero. Ah well.

Hazzuh

Capcom still don't seem to understand that the best way to make a fighting game appeal to casual players is to have good single player content, not strip out all of the depth.

Let's see if making easy to play actually keeps casuals around.

Talk about bad news.. Having the option there is fine but the whole standard core game based on it? Man, if I was combofiend i would literally be choking ppl at Capcom HQ

Why? Did Easy Operation in the previous game stop people from playing the standard controls?

I don't understand.

I think what I'm getting at is that "easy operation" for this game seems to be the default motion option, where as traditional fighting game motions are optional? Normally, the "easy operation" mode was optional in fighting games, it wasn't the default. My mind's thinking "easy operation's the default, so why would you choose traditional motions if they're not the default option"? IDK, I'm tired.

There's a lot we still don't know, so we'll just have to wait and see.

You have to wait and see how they're implemented to make that conclusion. Xrd has easy controls that make executing specials easier but gates you off from higher level execution due to the nature of the controls.

Balancing two different sets of controls sounds ridiculously convoluted when they could have just used the same scheme that Street Fighter has had for over 25 years.

KingBroly

Banned
Do you guys think this "dumbing down" stuff is because of Capcom or Marvel (or both)?

I'm going to say Capcom because...

A - Street Fighter V was and is still a Massive Bust for them, being kept alive because of eSports outside of Japan (They don't even have it at Events in Japan & it's not in Arcades there)

B - They want to appease their Marvel Masters by dumbing it down to increase its' chances of selling while pissing off their hardcores who may play it for their Pro Tour

So...in my opinion, they're going to screw over the game's long-term eSports/Pro Tour style goals for a more short-term 'profitability' goal like you see with Netherrealm games, which may also backfire if they dumb it down too much.

.la1n

First reaction: CG/Graphics still look awful & trailer wasn't even an inkling as hype as previous series trailers. I'm concerned. Need to see game play. They picked the worst Chris Redfield iteration again.

Neonep

Capcom still don't seem to understand that the best way to make a fighting game appeal to casual players is to have good single player content, not strip out all of the depth.
Yeah, the goal should be to give beginners/casuals a fun and easy way to learn, understand, & play a game. Things such as a proper tutorial and and arcade mode.

I'll wait for the Ultimate edition. This is.. terribly underwhelming. And that's being nice

Will we ever see Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on the PS4 store??

I'll wait for the Ultimate edition. This is.. terribly underwhelming. And that's being nice

Will we ever see Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on the PS4 store??

They would have to renegotiate for that to happen. Must be complicated affair with characters owned by different companies but it's doable.. chances of happening? Low but not 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom