• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Xbox One leading sales in US since price cut, nearly 10 million sold-in

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a positive thing, right? Why are people acting like it isn't? The price being lowered means more owners of the Xbox One which in turn means Sony will most likely prepare a bundle to combat the price drop which increases sales of the Playstation 4. This is hardly negative in any imaginable way. As I somehow feel obligated to say, I own both systems.

Channel stuffing is a way to inflate your sold in numbers. It's not a positive.

B.O.O.M

You must have missed all those AssGreed threads.

To be fair, while it may affect the core gamer crowd, masses might not care as much. It's still a very well known IP

Did you read the first page?

I did. No one is pretending it's all sitting on shelves or any hyperbolic nonsense like that. Read the ZOMG's post above as to why people are responding the way they are. It's not some irrational hate or anything against MS

I don't think so. I think it's all shipped figures.

Really? If so then yeah..weird PR release.

orochi91

idGVWxs.png

Nelson pls.

Sold-in still count as sales, do they not?

The retailers purchased them.

So that tweet is accurate.

shandy706

idGVWxs.png

Nelson pls.

lmao

this company

they sure love to bend that spoon

leading sales .... since the price cut! lol

Where or what in that Tweet is wrong?

The sales did triple, and they are approaching selling 10 million.

That tweet and the title of this thread aren't the same thing.

October numbers must be bad

Does anyone actually expect them to outsell Sony in October. That would be a losing bet.

darkwing

Yea Sony is fucked at the $399 price point.

Especially when swamped with XB1 bundles at all sides.

I figure November and December are a lost cause for the PS4 at this point.

doubt they would lower the price because it has been selling well but yeah Sony has dropped the ball on November and December

Hindl

Well good on MS for that, even though as has been pointed out it's 10 million shipped. But I also feel like this is preemptive PR against October sales, which would understandably be not high with the price cut coming

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

It's not 10M in the US.
Where or what in that Tweet is wrong?

The sales did triple, and they are approaching selling 10 million.

That tweet and the title of this thread aren't the same thing.
Their US sales did not triple in 2 weeks. It tripled the previous week's sales. It's incredibly misleading.

Mikey Jr.

-Not surprised Xbone is leading for Nov. Would be shocked if it wasn't.

-Sold in still doesn't sound great. But its 10 mil, so I dunno.

onQ123

Basically they have shipped about 3 million more Xbox One's to be sold this holiday season.. pretty good PR work.

FuturusX

I will be shocked, stunned, and dumbfounded if MS doesn't win Nov/Dec. They are selling the console for effectively $240 at Walmart BF. Two Hundred Forty US dollars.

If this is true...I'm ready to jump in. I can't walk into Walmart though...have to send my butler.

Can't say they don't know their market and where to ship things to. Used to work near a base with my friend who was an officer in the military and those things sell like hotcakes to enlisted dudes with time on their hands and paychecks.

Lejeune seemed ok with sales all around before the drop, though the MCX always seemed to have a large surplus of both of those systems. I think they gave up on stocking many Wii U[nit]s. I'll have to see how things look now though with the larger drop for the XBO and bundles across all 3.

Can't speak for Hawaii bases though to give context for those quoted images.

Well, it would be rather embarrassing if they were still being outsold with the price cut and bundle deals, so I can't say I'm too surprised at this announcement.

I wonder if we'll ever get sold-through numbers again. It's also kind of amusing to me that they had to "pre-announce" that they've sold-in 10 million to retailers since it hasn't actually happened yet.

Prine

Banned
Amazing news and absolutely deserved, fully expecting them to take November and December.

Great console, great games. Just need to fix M:CC and that'll round up a great year.

aaronwt

Also didn't the last estimates have X1 around 6.5-7 m sold through? Did they sell 2 million in the last couple months or are there just a shitload of systems on shelves?

it's getting close to the holidays. MS, like Sony, should be shipping a very, very large amount of consoles to retailers. This happens every year. It's nothing new.

LX_Theo

Banned

Trying to defend purposeful misrepresentation of a situation via the fact that its technically true if you think about it in the way the vast majority wouldn't... Well, wouldn't you be great in marketing! It also says a bit about where your priorities lie, but I won't speak anymore on the subject.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
PR Day before NPD means probably a weak October result compared to Ps4 which is expected.

The 10m shipped statement is kinda obvious that would happen around now anyway due to BF shipments but the "soon" part is a little lolworthy.

And to be honest the fact they are throwing in the leading sales last 10 days makes me wonder if they are a tad concerned it may not last.

Raist

Banned
Remember, rather optimistic estimates put the XB1 at 7.5M shipped LTD, Q4 2014, i.e at the end of september 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom