• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football (The Degenerate League)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBison

Reason I ask is cause I have Gronk as a keeper in a 12 team league. I could keep him for a 5.12.

Just nervous about his missed time.

Bishman

Bishman, you were really scaring me. But then I looked at your team again and was like

ClANPyt.gif

Let the trash talking commence. Ooops my bad, Oyster had already started that days ago but ate crow during the draft today.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Big Ben will be a top 12 QB by the end of the season. And I feel like I have the best depth in the league with my team.

P.S. You are lucky I'm not on your schedule.

Bishman

Yep, 1am draft start meant I had to autodraft - although I did change my rankings slightly. Damn kickers.

Your autodraft drafted better than half of the league. LOL!

In a 14 team league, it's going to be a lot closer than you think. Especially when you figure out that their rankings are not updated for PPR but Standard instead on most cases. Yahoo and NFL are hella lazy. Why else do you think they're suggesting a QB in the 1st or 2nd round?

I agree with Fantomex. If we were playing in a standard league, Yahoo projections would be more accurate but we are a PPR league. Last year in my 16 team PPR league, Yahoo projected my friend team to go 4-10. At the end of the season, he was in 1st place with a record of 11-3.

Drafting + in-season management = success

Fantomex

Your autodraft drafted better than half of the league. LOL!

I agree with Fantomex. If we were playing in a standard league, Yahoo projections would be more accurate but we are a PPR league. Last year in my 16 team PPR league, Yahoo projected my friend team to go 4-10. At the end of the season, he was in 1st place with a record of 11-3.

Drafting + in-season management = success

And that's why I'm taking it this year Bish!

By firesale I meant I am willing to trade anyone on my roster. I didn't mean try to rape me. I'm not drunk on weekdays so it won't work.

minx

By firesale I meant I am willing to trade anyone on my roster. I didn't mean try to rape me. I'm not drunk on weekdays so it won't work.

You are clearly delusional with the counter offer you sent. Must have been drunk last night when that happened.

I misunderstood, sorry. You really should wait a week or 2 at least. There is no way to predict from one season to the next who the breakout stars will be.

Every player I pick up gets hurt. Never drafting before week 4 preseason ever again. I can't catch a break.., but I do catch sprains. Get it? Oh man I guess I'm the only comedian in the league.

Bishman

Offer? I thought you were kidding. Little and old backup lawfirm for a top 5 wr? C'mon man!

There is a lot of WR depth this year. Someone will emerge as a top wideout with your roster. And I threw in Greg Little, he's a sleeper. You know how hard it is to get a starting RB who gets 200+ carries?

I feel i did pretty good for my "main" draft (more expensive/important league)(Starters)

10 man standard league ,, 4th pick

qb- matthew stafford
rb- marshawn lynch
rb- steven jackson
wr- calvin johnson
wr-demaryius thomas
wr/rb- vincent jackson
te- brandon myers
d/st- patriots
k- blair walsh

My 2nd league:
10 man standard league, 10th pick

qb- tony romo
rb- c.j. spiller
rb- lesean mccoy
wr- vincent jackson
wr- reggie wayne
rb/wr- steven ridley
te- brandon myers
d/st- steelers
k- josh brown

How did you get Shady and Spiller in the same draft? You must have been drafting against the worst drafters in history. You should win in a route.

How did you get Shady and Spiller in the same draft? You must have been drafting against the worst drafters in history. You should win in a route.

Yeah i was veryy happy with c.j. spiller at 10 lol

My other league i got calvin johnson at #18 (marshawn lynch at #4) crazy

Quick question about a 12 team keeper league trade I was just offered:

Aaron Rodgers (my team)

for

Colin Kapernick and Maurice Jones Drew

I need RBs. As much as I'm somewhat hestitant to get rid of Rodgers, my initial reaction was this is a no-brainer. I don't think it'll be a major drop in production between Kap and A-Rod, plus MJD appears to be ready to return to form, and obviously Kap is younger than A-Rod. IS THIS TRADE A NO-BRAINER???
My starters would be:

QB-C. Kapernick
RB-M. Jones Drew
RB-E. Lacy
WR-D. Bowe
WR-Vincent jackson
TE-K, Rudolph
RB-D. Sproles
DEF-SF 49ers
K-S. Gostowski

I also have another potential trade in the works of D. Bowe for Desean Jackson and Steve Smith.

Fantomex

Quick question about a 12 team keeper league trade I was just offered:

Aaron Rodgers (my team)

for

Colin Kapernick and Maurice Jones Drew

I need RBs. As much as I'm somewhat hestitant to get rid of Rodgers, my initial reaction was this is a no-brainer. I don't think it'll be a major drop in production between Kap and A-Rod, plus MJD appears to be ready to return to form, and obviously Kap is younger than A-Rod. IS THIS TRADE A NO-BRAINER???
My starters would be:

QB-C. Kapernick
RB-M. Jones Drew
RB-E. Lacy
WR-D. Bowe
WR-Vincent jackson
TE-K, Rudolph
RB-D. Sproles
DEF-SF 49ers
K-S. Gostowski

I also have another potential trade in the works of D. Bowe for Desean Jackson and Steve Smith.

Definitely. Eddie Lacy being your work horse is troubling.

Looking for thoughts on a trade in my other league.

My Players: Jared Cook - David Wilson - Dwayne Bowe
His Players: Jimmy Graham - Ahmad Bradshaw - Lance Moore

My current team:

QBs: Stafford, Flacco
WRs: AJ Green, D. Bowe, Tavon Austin, Mike Wallace, Justin Blackmon, Kenny Britt
RBs: Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, David Wilson, Montee Ball
TEs: Jared Cook

His team:

QBs: Newton, Vick
WRs: Welker, Bryant, Stevie Johnson, Lance Moore
RBs: CJ Spiller, Lamar Miller, Pierre Thomas, Ahmad Bradshaw, Andre Brown
TEs: Graham and Jordon Cameron

Standard 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex (RB or WR), 1 TE

VoxPop

My current team in a 12 man league.

R49NcWA.png

I probably could have done better but I'm semi pleased with the end result

Also have New England DEF

Probably should have picked up Lacy or Lamar Miller instead of DeMarco. Hoping he stays healthy this year

Is this a place to come to for general fantasy advice? I've got the 3rd pick in a non-ppr standard scoring 10 team league. I already know AP and Doug Martin are going 1st and 2nd in the draft but I'm trying to decide between Jamaal Charles or Marshawn Lynch at the 3rd pick. I'm open to any advice on who to pick, not just between these two, but they are my favorites so far.

Fantomex

Is this a place to come to for general fantasy advice? I've got the 3rd pick in a non-ppr standard scoring 10 team league. I already know AP and Doug Martin are going 1st and 2nd in the draft but I'm trying to decide between Jamaal Charles or Marshawn Lynch at the 3rd pick. I'm open to any advice on who to pick, not just between these two, but they are my favorites so far.

I would suggest you at least take a look at Alfred Morris, here are some reasons.

1. He was the 2nd leading rusher last year
  2. He was second in touchdowns last year
  3. He is very young
  4. The absence of RG3 might put him even more in the spotlight
  5. Shannahan has always had succesful running games.

Jamaal Charles and Marshawn Lynch offer the same risks, they might get hurt and have some mileage. But they are both pretty good bets as well. I just think Alfred Morris is a lock for #3 in a non ppr league. However the entire Internet disagrees with me. Who knows, he might be available at pick #18 when it comes back. If that's the case I would go with Lynch and hope for a miracle that Morris is still available.

Looking for thoughts on a trade in my other league.

My Players: Jared Cook - David Wilson - Dwayne Bowe
His Players: Jimmy Graham - Ahmad Bradshaw - Lance Moore

My current team:

QBs: Stafford, Flacco
WRs: AJ Green, D. Bowe, Tavon Austin, Mike Wallace, Justin Blackmon, Kenny Britt
RBs: Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, David Wilson, Montee Ball
TEs: Jared Cook

His team:

QBs: Newton, Vick
WRs: Welker, Bryant, Stevie Johnson, Lance Moore
RBs: CJ Spiller, Lamar Miller, Pierre Thomas, Ahmad Bradshaw, Andre Brown
TEs: Graham and Jordon Cameron

Standard 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex (RB or WR), 1 TE

Well considering your trade...I'd place Cook and Moore on the same level. I'm not really expecting anyone from the Rams to produce at a high level this year. Moore is a WR3/4 at best...That part of the deal is a wash.

So it's ultimately Bowe and Wilson for Graham and Bradshaw.
-You need a TE (Cook doesn't count imo)..Now you'd have the best in Graham. Graham produces like a 1/2 WR.
-With Charles and Johnson I think Bradshaw is fine as a backup RB.

So Graham for Bowe, you get the better end of that deal at a position of need. And Wilson for Bradshaw...Bradshaw you kind of know what you're getting...Wilson at this point is speculation, but he should be good..So obviously you lose something there, but how much is yet to be seen.

I'd do this trade as you spread out your talent more. You gain a star, and don't lose much for a backup/flex position.

Imo, usually people who win their leagues hit homeruns on at least their first round pick. You can rebound from a flop in the first but it's an uphill battle. So obviously, you want a safe pick in the first.

No one can see the future, but I personally have a hard time going against the cumulative opinions of thousand of other players.

For a third pick...Not Foster...Definitely no. I've seen him drop in tons of mock drafts, plus recent news on him (Yahoo) has him outside the top ten RBs...Also you need to handcuff Tate to him and Tate goes roughly in the 8rd...Who wants to spend an 8th round pick on a handcuffed bench player?

So go with what's safe..Charles, Lynch, Spiller, or Rice. Spiller is the biggest X factor. He's a beast, that is, when he plays. So Spiller is the least safe of this bunch. Rice seems to be on the decline, but you're guaranteed 1100 yds and 6-8 tds, plus some receiving yrds. He's probably the safest of the bunch...Lynch is on his second career in Seattle..He's a beast but he's got some mileage on the legs...Some experts seem to be suggesting he'll get injured this year.

I like homerun hitters..Charles is a homerun hitter...He's a guy that can rush for 200 plus yrds in a game, multiple times in a season...I'd go with Charles. Not completely safe, but not the biggest risk, plus has a huge X factor/explosive play capability.

Well considering your trade...I'd place Cook and Moore on the same level. I'm not really expecting anyone from the Rams to produce at a high level this year. Moore is a WR3/4 at best...That part of the deal is a wash.

So it's ultimately Bowe and Wilson for Graham and Bradshaw.
-You need a TE (Cook doesn't count imo)..Now you'd have the best in Graham. Graham produces like a 1/2 WR.
-With Charles and Johnson I think Bradshaw is fine as a backup RB.

So Graham for Bowe, you get the better end of that deal at a position of need. And Wilson for Bradshaw...Bradshaw you kind of know what you're getting...Wilson at this point is speculation, but he should be good..So obviously you lose something there, but how much is yet to be seen.

I'd do this trade as you spread out your talent more. You gain a star, and don't lose much for a backup/flex position.

Kinda what I was thinking. Thanks for the feedback.

Kinda what I was thinking. Thanks for the feedback.

No problem. I love talking FF, and giving advice on FF.

Bottom line though, nobody wins a FF league who isn't active and aware when it comes to the weekly waiver wire. Picking up break out players (even it's only for a few weeks), or simply picking up guys to block your opponents (if you don't have an acquistion limit during the season).

Typically the active waiver players, not the active traders, win fantasy leagues. Trades imo are best suited for preseason. You can get a steal or get taken..Trades done during the regular season, unless it's a keeper league, end up being apples for apples.

I would suggest you at least take a look at Alfred Morris, here are some reasons.

1. He was the 2nd leading rusher last year
  2. He was second in touchdowns last year
  3. He is very young
  4. The absence of RG3 might put him even more in the spotlight
  5. Shannahan has always had succesful running games.

Jamaal Charles and Marshawn Lynch offer the same risks, they might get hurt and have some mileage. But they are both pretty good bets as well. I just think Alfred Morris is a lock for #3 in a non ppr league. However the entire Internet disagrees with me. Who knows, he might be available at pick #18 when it comes back. If that's the case I would go with Lynch and hope for a miracle that Morris is still available.

Alfred morris is actually a great choice, an unconventional one too. I love his technique and the zone blocking system is a perfect fit for his abilities. It is a risky pick at #3 but it could be one that benefits me very well. Very tough choice though, I don't know if I like the third pick this year, it;s definitely not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom