• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 1.75 coming soony (3D Blu-ray support) #4theplayers

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Confirmed next week

@PlayStation 7:05 PM
Coming next week: PS4 system software update 1.75 adds 3D Blu-ray film support. Woo-hoo!

Gestault

I gotta ask why so many people like 3D blu rays. The only 2 3d movies I've ever loved the 3d in we're dredd and avatar..

"Up" has a fantastic 3D print. The use of 2D images within 3D scenes (or in transition) gives more impact than you might think. I'm pretty stoked that this will be coming so soon, considering a week ago we had no idea when to expect it.

De_Legend

Banned
- LOL Soony updates hurry up I want my 3D player like the Xbox One dang it!!

A couple days later...

-LOL Soony give us somethin goood no one caresss about that!!

Synless

3D Bluray support is a headlining feature for a system that still doesn't have Suspend/Resume functionality and a broken share system? Absolute insanity.

Great for the 10 people out there with 3DTVs.

Get it together Sony.
My share feature was broken and now it works flawlessly. Obviously, this isn't the case for everyone. But it was fixed recently and now I have zero issues when before I couldn't get it to work at all.

Gestault

- LOL Soony updates hurry up I want my 3D player like the Xbox One dang it!!

A couple days later...

-LOL Soony give us somethin goood no one caresss about that!!

(a) Different people

(b) Seeing the actions of a competitor matter more than the realistic desires of an audience

Shin-Ra

ig7box16R9w2i.gif

HERE. WE. GO!

i1h9yGldeOrOr.gif

There'd better be some sneaky hidden features in that update. An update for ONE feature, regardless of what it is is pretty pathetic. At least MS can add about 3 or 4.

Although apparently the Xbox One is less stable. So there's that.

Vinc

The timing of 3d Bluray support in this update is suspicious as hell to put it lightly...Sony's entire firmware team needs to be laid off...

I genuinely wish people would stop saying stuff like this. As if your impatience towards free firmware updates warrants a bunch of people losing their jobs...

In any case, that's a good thing! I still quite like the PS4 interface and just want those features. I can wait though.

Gestault

The timing of 3d Bluray support in this update is suspicious as hell to put it lightly...Sony's entire firmware team needs to be laid off...

Jeez, no. Even if you believe this was reactionary, if that team could put together an update like this on such short order, that shows capability. The PS4 will be a better platform than it was before. That's a good thing.

Jesus, even firmware update threads are a battleground for "DA SYSTEM WARZ!!!" now?

I-I think I'm done guys. I'm done with video games. The gaming community has just become an insanely polarized zoo full of apes throwing any nearby nugget of meaningless shit at each other for the purpose of scoring meaningless "points" because the apes on one side like a different bright, shiny object than the apes on the other. Fucking Jesus Christ.

Also, Microsoft announced this first! Haha!

icespide

Banned
Jesus, even firmware update threads are a battleground for "DA SYSTEM WARZ!!!" now?

I-I think I'm done guys. I'm done with video games. The gaming community has just become an insanely polarized zoo full of apes throwing any nearby nugget of meaningless shit at each other for the purpose of scoring meaningless "points" because the apes on one side like a different bright, shiny object than the apes on the other. Fucking Jesus Christ.

Also, Xbone had this first! Haha!

okay

BWJinxing

Really? Out of the Blue?

I dunno, it seems iffy. I sort of think its to piss on MS. But it could have been planed, but i don't recall it being announced anytime soon.

The God

My paranoid side is now thinking the 3D support has been ready for a while but Microsoft's announcement is forcing them to release it early to beat them.

What else is ready but not released?

If the features are ready, where are they?

Come on with these conspiracy theories.

Really? Out of the Blue?

I dunno, it seems iffy. I sort of think its to piss on MS. But it could have been planed, but i don't recall it being announced anytime soon.

They did say info would be coming soon the other day. I actually think it was yesterday on the European blog

shem935

Banned
In all seriousness, I suspect the sudden push isn't due to Microsoft, it's due to the explosion of popularity of Frozen in Japan, related to their deal to release themed PS4s and such. After all, having a Frozen-themed PS4 that can't actually play the 3D version of Frozen (even if it is a small market) is pretty embarrassing to them.

Quoting again for logic and reason.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Also, Microsoft announced this first! Haha!

Okay bye.

Really? Out of the Blue?

One would assume MS has been working on it since launch, as has Sony. Seeing as how they launched at about the same time, is it really so odd they'd both announce/implement 3D Bluray support at about the same time?

Okay bye.

It was a joke! That's why I put that comment at the end!

Edit: I'm a veteran of the SNES/Genesis System Wars. And although it gets hair-pullingly crazy at times, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Shin-Ra

I think SCE did that Frozen deal just so people Bing "frozen PS4" and get useless Disney results instead of useful troubleshooting advice.

Okay bye.

It was a joke! That's why I put that comment at the end!

Exclusive image of Y2Kev right now:

lordoftherings20022.jpg

You are gonna die

Really? Adding support for a rarely used feature?

There is literally zero reason not to add it. It's awesome that Microsoft and Sony are both adding it; it does nothing but add value to the consoles. And in my particular case, I'm very happy about it. It was one of my most requested features.

onQ123

Called it. Xbox announces 3d bluray support coming soon so of course Sony was going to do the same.

Theyre perfectly content to sit on their asses until their competitor forces them to do something.

#4ThePlayersOnlyWhenWe'reForcedTo

Chances are both Xbox One & PS4 had to wait for the same reason & they are both getting it now because they worked out the problem that was holding it back.

This is like the "You can't come in" technique from South Park.

Sony: MP3 support? 3D Blu-Ray support? No way!

*months later*

Sony: Ok, here's 3D Blu-Ray support. Happy now?

PS4 Owners: Yay!

Sony: :D

So people REALLY think Sony, who doesn't seem to be adding features quickly, saw that MS was doing 3D Blu-Ray playback and threw together an update real quick to beat them to the punch? Or am I misunderstanding?

Either way, glad to see this come. Have a few 3D Blu-Rays and Godzilla is coming out in a month and a half.

Phamit

The Frozen Ps4 was released last week in japan, it is limited, only available at Sony( not sure on thus one) and doesn't come with a copy of frozen, btw.

But the timing to add 3D Blu Ray is kinda funny

jj16802

There is literally zero reason not to add it. It's awesome that Microsoft and Sony are both adding it; it does nothing but add value to the consoles. And in my particular case, I'm very happy about it. It was one of my most requested features.
I'd rather they focus on adding MP3/MP4 support, friend notifications and other essential stuff they didn't include that the PS3 had on launch. And getting more exclusives.

Top Bottom