• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

HT UK

Pre-ordered mine with Toys R Us back at E3.

For some reason, they won't let me change my delivery address. I have to phone them up at 8am on November 28th so they can try and change it :/

I currently live over 300miles away from my old delivery address (parents house). So I'll be screwed if it goes there!

SHADES

So I only pre-ordered last week from GAME - the official word says that I shouldn't expect my console on launch but its guaranteed before Xmas.

Anyone want to make an educated guess as to when it will come - am I looking at like 23rd December or something :(

Didn't Fergal Gara say that the UK was getting a 2nd shipment 2days after launch? Guess it just depends on your area & how many change minds/don't pick up etc but I'll go with 2nd week of December.

Raxious

So I will be getting the following:

PS4 Killzone Mega Bundle ( PS4, Camera, 2nd Controller, Killzone )
NFS: Rivals
BF4
Assassins Creed IV

I might get NBA 2K14 as well, even though I've never played a basketball game, hell I don't even know a thing about basketball xD

Current costs are at 700 euros, and thx to some proper trading, I ended up paying roughly 20 bucks out of my own pocket ^^

Am I scared for receiving a faulty PS4? Yes ofcourse, but isn't everyone scared for that? So far the amount of defects has been pretty damn small as far as I know, so we'll see. I got a PS3 fat still going strong, and got the 3DS , 3DS XL and PS Vita at release, each of em had issues that never happend to me.

This thread made me have a look at my preorder (a PS4+cam+2nd DS4+Killzone bundle). The last time I checked some weeks ago it was scheduled for november 29th.

Now it's scheduled for... January 2014 ;_;

I preordered in august at Fnac.com.

Ein Bear

I wish some of the retailers here would do a Buy-2-Get-1-Free deal. I'd probably wind up buying the entire launch lineup.

...well, I'd get three games at least.

With all the bundles and shit going on - what are you guys getting?

Are you afraid of getting a faulty PS4?

What games are you getting?
----

No Bundle. Normal standalone Ps4.

No, If my Ps4 breaks within the first 2 years german law has my back.

No sure what games I'll be getting, yet. Killzone, BF4 and NFS Rival and maybe AC4 probably. That, PS+ and F2P games should be enough for the next few months. I also have Zelda ALBW and Tearaway preordered and I'll be getting Rayman Legends on Vita once the missing levels are patched in. So there is enough to play for me anyways.

danthefan

I've the console pre-ordered since E3, I am actually considering not getting a game with it. PS3, PC, PS+ and F2P will probably keep me going until Infamous comes out.

The awesome thing is I have enough GameStop vouchers to pay for the entire thing, so don't have to put down a cent to pay for it.

I can't wait for the Killzone mega bundle to arrive along with AC4 and all the PS+ games, so I can go home, unpack, install and probably play
Super Mario 3D World
first.

SnakeEyes

Banned
New Zealander saying hello!

I'm probably only going to bet Killzone at launch, as I expect the MP to be able to sustain me for a good while, as well as the free titles available via PSN.

Kyoufu

I'm waiting...

...until Tuesday because I saw that it'd be cheaper to import it from Amazon.com than get it in 2 weeks from a UK retailer.

Good luck to the rest of you :p

jonno394

I find it highly coincidental that my PS3 today committed seppuku. I think it was trying to tell me to upgrade to a PS4.

scojitsu

The wait is killing me, I dare not even look at the Post your Purchase thread.
I bought the Puppeteer to get me thought the next two weeks :)

Waiting here for UK release. Watching Giantbomb live feed, been on since 7pm!

I preordered the disc version today of Killzone after the US PlayStation Network issues. I wanted to go all digital but I think at launch at least it might not be a smart idea :/

Yazuka

What are you guys getting?
A PlayStation 4, still pondering about the camera.
Will have to see what the price is here in Sweden.

Yeah, that is a concern. Since I've had some trouble/bad luck with consoles in the past.
But hopefully I will be spared a faulty one.

Knack and Assassin's Creed IV. Those are payed of and ready to bring home as soon as they are released. I'll see if I pick something else up on release.

Alienous

I've got mine pre-ordered, and ready for couriered launch delivery.

I probably won't mess with it until nearer Christmas. That should give Sony adequate time to fix this launch shit, and help me avoid the distraction of a new console until I can afford to play it.

Shadow Fall and Battlefield bundled. I feel like I should have gotten something other than a shooter now, though.

Dan1984uk

Banned
I'm getting the killzone bundle myself, I'm not worried about the console bricking well not yet anyway will see how the next couple of weeks in America go first.

slider

I'm rocking a launch PS3 fatty so I've been lucky this gen. If I get a faulty unit I'll be pissed but it certainly won't be the end of the world; in those circumstances step up Sony.

Got the KZ:SF bundle preordered. Also have Knack coming and was disappointed that DC was delayed but have left the preorder intact.

Will probably get something else too but not sure what. Maybe NFS.

Looking forward to it's arrival.

Nibel

PS4 Killzone Shadowfall Mega Bundle

Nope, because I always #believe
And if it happens, then it won't be the end of the world - got enough other stuff to play

Killzone Shadowfall and thanks to a B2G1 offer from Amazon: FIFA, Battlefield 4 and Knack. I'm not a big FIFA player but want to make use of the second controller I get with that bundle; Battlefield 4 was the best possible choice since you can only choose 2 third-party games and 1 first-party game, and Assassin's Creed 4 doesn't do anything for me; and Knack.. well, I already got Killzone and I'll grab Driveclub with PS+ (which means I'm getting Contrast + Resogun as well)

Bergsy

Shopto'd my pre order in February, Got 4 days off of work to play it, hurry up 29th of November. Hope Shopto get it out early and its not a bricked one.

wowlace

Aus Gaf here.

Bonus for waiting 2 weeks is we get all the info on what not to do to the console when you get it re: trying to plug the HDMI cable into the port like a gimp. WTF Kotaku do you even have a Cerebellum?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Got amazon's Action pack preordered. Majorly salty at the fact America has it now and we have to wait two weeks, but hopefully any PSN issues will be ironed out by that point

Amazon best be prompt with the delivery
edit; I just realised that I promised my parents I'd go home from uni that weekend

S¡mon

Banned
With all the bundles and shit going on - what are you guys getting?

1) €499 PS4 + Killzone: Shadow Fall + Extra DS4 + PS4 Camera bundle
2) No. And even if it fails, I'll definitely be, uh, disappointed, but consumer laws are quite good.

3) - Killzone: Shadow Fall
- FIFA 14
- Resogun (PS+)
- Contrast (PS+)
- The PlayRoom (pre-loaded)
- Warframe (F2P)
- War Thunder (F2P)
- DC Universe Online (F2P)

I don't expect too much from the 'free games' and I'm most likely getting another triple A title at launch. I'm still in doubt, however. Battlefield 4 looks awesome, but since I've already got KZ: SF, I was also thinking about NFS: Rivals which gets surprisingly good reviews.

Pennywise

PS4 Killzone Shadowfall Mega Bundle

Nope, because I always #believe
And if it happens, then it won't be the end of the world - got enough other stuff to play

Killzone Shadowfall and thanks to a B2G1 offer from Amazon: FIFA, Battlefield 4 and Knack. I'm not a big FIFA player but want to make use of the second controller I get with that bundle; Battlefield 4 was the best possible choice since you can only choose 2 third-party games and 1 first-party game, and Assassin's Creed 4 doesn't do anything for me; and Knack.. well, I already got Killzone and I'll grab Driveclub with PS+ (which means I'm getting Contrast + Resogun as well)

PS4 standard console.

No, same here :D

Killzone, BF4, AC4 are already paid off, same goes for Driveclub and Watchdogs :X
Still got my B2G1 coupon, most likely giving it away since I'm out of money now.

The wait was killing me, so I've bought a Wii-U to help pass the time >_>

But I'll be there 00:00 of the 29th in the freezing cold November night. God I'm glad GAME are doing that pay before you pick up thing.

Picking up the console & Killzone bundle, and put down a NFS: Rivals preorder yesterday after hearing the less than fantastic verdicts on Knack (I'll still play it, but wait for it to drop in price/hit PS+) and how NFS has been a bit of a sleeper hit, even if it is a weird kind of 30fps.

Anth1888

I haven't pre ordered because i'll get one at work (with discount), but are the bundles for in-store as well? Can't seem to find any information on it.

A bit on the fence about getting one. Got a pre-order but there's still plenty of games I want to get on with. Nothing on PS4 aside from NBA2K14 and Resogun and the rest is next year at best.

But who am I kidding, I'll just get it anyway and enjoy it.

Also why has noone giffed Knightrider with the blue light, or has long since gone..?

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
GAME called me today to invite us preorderers to come and see their PS4 wares they'd be getting in next week and coax us to spend more money. They also said I could pay off my PS4 earlier so I can walk in and out on launch night - which I just might do.
I'm going for the Killzone Mega Bundle. I was going to get Knack, but have been put off in recent days. It looks like I'd be better off putting my money on some PS+ purchases.

Nyx

Getting the Killzone bundle with extra controller and camera.

Also ordered NBA 2k14 and hope to get BF4 as well if my budget allows it.

Not afraid of a bricked console, don't see the point.

Hope the 2 weeks go by fast, really ready for nextgen.

EvilPengy

Banned
Getting a PS4 next year between Feb-April time.

I get £1000 from my National Scholarship Program at University (not tied to my student loans) and it's my birthday in April so I'm gonna treat myself.

Anyone know when these 'PS3 to PS4 Upgrade' offers on certain games expire? I bought FIFA 14 for PS3 at GAME and I'm wondering when the offer to upgrade to the PS4 for cheap expires

Mondy

Banned
PS4 Standard Console

There's always room for concern about these things, but after 6 RRODs and 1 YLOD, I've seen my fair share of failed consoles.

Killzone Shadowfall only for now. Will pick up ACIV when it's cheaper. Those, coupled with the existing games I already have, including PS+ and I'm set for at least the next 2 months.

Top Bottom