• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
amazon.de ?

Yes.
There was this deal where you buy 2 Games and you will get one for free. Delivery date was 29th but they decided to send one of the games earlier. They tried to withdraw the money immediately which wasn't possible because, well, I get my money at the end of the month.

So they cancelled every preorder in my account including the PS4 which I already paid for 3 months ago.

All this happened while I was in the hospital for my newborn son. Tried to explain the situation to a rep on the phone twice but they don't care.

King_Moc

Banned
Amazon have gone really shit in the last few years. I'd never use them for launch day stuff. I've got a friend who hasn't received the 3DS Zelda game yet. Meanwhile, Shopto would have delivered it on Thursday. I'm surprised people still use them tbh.

Betty

Banned
Yes.
There was this deal where you buy 2 Games and you will get one for free. Delivery date was 29th but they decided to send one of the games earlier. They tried to withdraw the money immediately which wasn't possible because, well, I get my money at the end of the month.

So they cancelled every preorder in my account including the PS4 which I already paid for 3 months ago.

All this happened while I was in the hospital for my newborn son. Tried to explain the situation to a rep on the phone twice but they don't care.

That's some bullshit right there, if you've paid for it they should send it to you.

level44

Amazon have gone really shit in the last few years. I'd never use them for launch day stuff. I've got a friend who hasn't received the 3DS Zelda game yet. Meanwhile, Shopto would have delivered it on Thursday. I'm surprised people still use them tbh.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch shopto with a barge pole.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
That's some bullshit right there, if you've paid for it they should send it to you.

Actually it's even more bullshit considering I paid for it with a 400€ Amazon gift card and they won't give me my money back. Only store credit.
For about 10 years now I buy everything there, I pay for Prime, I have a Kindle and now this.

I bought AC4 for PS3 a couple of weeks ago when I realised I wouldn't be able to get a PS4 at launch. My friend decided that he doesn't want his preorder anymore and has given me it, so I decided to but AC4 from Curry's for £46 on PS4, just went and traded in AC4 and Max Payne 3 PS3 versions into Game, price matched with CEX and somehow got £49 for them both lol, I bought AC4 PS3 for only £38 so I'm not sure how I got so much :D

LAA

Yeah, I wouldn't touch shopto with a barge pole.

In their defence, this is because they thought the person was swearing at ShopTo directly (Though even then, maybe a little harsh to cancel the pre order if he was).
Havent had any problems really with ShopTo, I've had 2 games that arrived after launch with them thus far, both this year surprisingly, one had a reason why though, the other... may have been because I pre-ordered a little late or because of the weird release date.

First console I've ordered with ShopTo, so fingers crossed!

Stuart444

I'm getting my PS4 from shopto, I'm just hoping it goes well on the courier side of things.

Each time I use DPD from there (3DS XL and Vita being the last two times I used them), it says 2 day delivery and obviously no delivery on Saturday.

But they get to the local delivery depot the next day before 9 meaning they get sent out on the Friday.

But the 2 day thing means if they end up going slowly for whatever reason and it doesn't get there before 9 (when stuff gets sent out) on Friday then I need to wait til Monday. :/

It's a worrying thought, especially when I know they are capable of getting up here in time next day rather than 2 days like the service says on the tracking website.

:/ can't wait til friday, at least then any worries will be gone courier wise at least.

Verendus

Banned
Yes! Europe!

Looking forward to this. It should be a great week here in the UK, and the rest of the European countries, and Australia and none of you matter anyway!

Edit:

Is this our PS4 OT?

HT UK

Toys R Us are really keeping me on edge here! My pre-order is addressed to my old address (300 miles away!), and I can't change it until the 28th at 8am :/ Even when I call at that time, there's no guarantee that they'll be able to change it without delaying the delivery!

They'd better not botch this.

Zafir

I dunno. I'd go with Amazon for a console, they at least got a good allocation of consoles, most people getting the bundle they wanted, and they didn't over charge. Unlike shopto where some of the bundles were limited, the way they handled giving them out was a mess and even then they over charged.

Games on the other hand, I'd go with shopto, just because Amazon ships them out too late for them to arrive on release day.

Vizzeh

Banned
Can't you just make the PS4 your primary console for both accounts?

No mate, Only 1 account on the PS4 can be used as Main PS4 account, but UK + US account can be activated as Main primary account whenever you want (just a case of loggin in/out and changing.

It doesnt really matter anyway, especially if you are using only 1 PS4.

US Account = My mainActivated PS4 account and my buying account, since it was £37 (No hidden vat etc, £37 and thats it (ie $60) for a game. UK PSStore = £52-£62 which is a Joke...

UK Account = Playing account, where all my friends and + Trophies etc are (all US games are unlocked to this account anyway since US account is primary.)

No mate, Only 1 account on the PS4 can be used as Main PS4 account, but UK + US account can be activated as Main primary account whenever you want (just a case of loggin in/out and changing.

US Account = My mainActivated PS4 account and my buying account, since it was £37 (No hidden vat etc, £37 and thats it (ie $60) for a game. UK PSStore = £52-£62 which is a Joke...

UK Account = Playing account, where all my friends and + Trophies etc are (all US games are unlocked to this account anyway since US account is primary.)

How quick was the downloading for games? Also, can you buy a PS+ via the US account and play online on your UK account?

Stuart444

Just so I know, this doesn't make it difficult to do what we do in the PS3 era? Namely use all 3 different region accounts (JP, US and UK), I'll almost certainly use each 3 for buying games or downloading demos though I'll be actually playing the games/demos via my account or my fiancees UK account.

No issues with this I assume?

Vizzeh

Banned
How quick was the downloading for games? Also, can you buy a PS+ via the US account and play online on your UK account?

Downloads are pretty fast, Iv had about 6 Games queued up, wouldnt say its saturating my connection, close maybe (80mb/20mb) but its certainly not slow, I am perfectly happy with it.

Not sure about PsPLUS, it should work as my UK PsPlus account is playable on US account when UK Account is master. But you would ofc have to pay for the US PsPlus... UK/EU one from my experience is typically better :D

Just so I know, this doesn't make it difficult to do what we do in the PS3 era? Namely use all 3 different region accounts (JP, US and UK), I'll almost certainly use each 3 for buying games or downloading demos though I'll be actually playing the games/demos via my account or my fiancees UK account.

No issues with this I assume?

It should work the same, your account if its US/UK/JP are tied to that PsStore, so each account can download its content, only issue you would lkely have is if you want to download on one, play on the other, but its easily fixed by selecting source account game, making that master, playing on other. (whatever the master account is, unlocks all its games + content to the others on the same playstation)

RaikuHebi

Banned

Thanks for the clarification.

What about Remote Play?

Robbok

The hardest part will be Friday morning: waiting for delivery. These hours are pure torture to me.
Anyone now how amazon.de will ship the ps4s? I hope its DHL and not Hermes.
o_O ...my worst nightmare. Hermes sometimes delivers later than 6PM here. It´s mostly delivered by an old woman, who is the slowest person I´ve ever seen. I have gruesome thoughts when i see her..

Rainy Dog

Well, it's finally happening next week. That February reveal only feels like yesterday too. and I can still hardly believe how everything's unfolded since.

This time last year, I honestly expected that it'd only be MS launching now and Sony would be casually late to the party sometime next year with nothing really superior to counter. But no, they stepped up to the plate first and have completely led the way since. I still reckon they had major knowledge of MS's spec's and blueprint for them to come out punching so confidently in their own game from the off.

SJRB

Gold Member
The hardest part will be Friday morning: waiting for delivery. These hours are pure torture to me.

Get up at 7:30 because you're afraid to miss the doorbell. Sit in the living room, no loud music/headhpones because you're afraid to miss the doorbell. Stare out the window for a bit to see if you can see the delivery guy. Nope, nothing. Grab some coffee I guess. Shit, I need to go to the toilet. But what if he arrives just as I'm going? Better not take that chance. Stare at clock - 7:45. Holy shit. Stare out the window some more. Double-check your email to see if it got shipped - it probably did. What if the batteries of the doorbell died? Better double-check. Nope, doorbell works fine. Damn, I really need to go to the toilet. Delivery guy will probably be here any time now, asshole woke me up at 8am last Saturday. Wait, what's that? Nope, false alarm. Hmm.. browse GAF some more I guess.

Rinse and repeat until delivery guy arrives at 5pm.

Bergsy

Here's the email I got from Shopto on Friday

Dear Bergsy

SHOPTO DELIVERY NOTICE

Your order has been packed and will be dispatched via DPD on Thursday 28th November for delivery on Friday 29th November (UK mainland only, delivery to other locations may vary).

ShopTo Delivery Number xxxxxxxxxx & Order Number xxxxxxxxxx

Delivery Information
Your order will be sent to the following address

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxx

Tracking Information

This order will been sent using DPD

Your Package Tracking Number is : xxxxxxxxxx

We are pleased to inform you that your order has been packed and will be dispatched via DPD on Thursday 28th November for delivery on Friday 29th November (UK mainland only, delivery to other locations may vary). Please keep this email until your order arrives. Please note if you change your mind about a purchase you may return it to us unopened at your own expense within 7 days of receipt of goods for a full refund, after 7 days we do not accept any returns. Please keep a copy of the email as proof of notification.

Mik3F

Or just wait till you get the 1 hr delivery window timeslot and do other things, it's what I will be doing

Will track in real time to see where the driver is though

Ark

This time last year I was completely disinterested in gaming. I was playing League of Legends with most of my free time; the February reveal completely changed all of that.

Friday is going to be tense. I have to leave for work at 10:35 and won't be home until quite late, usually anything I've ordered arrives around noon but I'm hoping this will be an exception and arrive before I leave. Or that Amazon will put my order with a courier like DPD that will do Saturday delivery/pick up/leave with a neighbour.

I canceled my guaranteed Shopto PS4 (I was actually charged for it last week) because I already had a Tesco pre-order (I get discount there which would take it down to £305).

Though I'm worried because in our store they didn't even get enough XBone stock for pre-orders and I may not be guaranteed one for launch if the same applies here.

Someone hold me!! :(

Mik3F

Here's the email I got from Shopto on Friday

Dear Bergsy

SHOPTO DELIVERY NOTICE

Your order has been packed and will be dispatched via DPD on Thursday 28th November for delivery on Friday 29th November (UK mainland only, delivery to other locations may vary).

ShopTo Delivery Number xxxxxxxxxx & Order Number xxxxxxxxxx

Delivery Information
Your order will be sent to the following address

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxx

Tracking Information

This order will been sent using DPD

Your Package Tracking Number is : xxxxxxxxxx

We are pleased to inform you that your order has been packed and will be dispatched via DPD on Thursday 28th November for delivery on Friday 29th November (UK mainland only, delivery to other locations may vary). Please keep this email until your order arrives. Please note if you change your mind about a purchase you may return it to us unopened at your own expense within 7 days of receipt of goods for a full refund, after 7 days we do not accept any returns. Please keep a copy of the email as proof of notification.

Thats the same one I got whilst watching Hunger Games at the cinema. Didn't get a text message though for some strange reason

Verendus

Banned
Also Gaffers, I said this before but I will mention again. Try not to overpay via scalping if you really want a PS4. As should probably be evident from the NA launch, a lot of PS4 consoles are being made. There should hopefully be a steady supply in Europe (mainly UK) throughout the Holiday season. So if you don't get one at launch, don't panic too much. Things look good at the moment.

Mik3F

I very rarely get texts from Shopto.

I would say that 90% of the time I get sent the text message, not bothered as I have the dispatch email and my order says completed.

Does anyone orders have the tracking next to the completed text?

H1PSTER

vDZF7y1.jpg

> Completed.

I found a gif that I think our XBone bro's can appreciate.

VZ88Pdo.gif

Do you get the joke?
30 FPS and 720p

Venturer

Also Gaffers, I said this before but I will mention again. Try not to overpay via scalping if you really want a PS4. As should probably be evident from the NA launch, a lot of PS4 consoles are being made. There should hopefully be a steady supply in Europe (mainly UK) throughout the Holiday season. So if you don't get one at launch, don't panic too much. Things look good at the moment.

Anyidea how many ps4's are gonna sell on friday? Maybe we can beat NA's 1million.

Top Bottom