• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

Sec0nd

I've asked it a bunch in some other threads but I really need to be certain. Can I hook up the PS4 to my monitor which has no HDMI input? Someone told me it wouldn't work with VGA converter but a HDMI to DVI converter should work. Could someone confirm this for me?

Mikeside

So, my plan, I think, is to go all-digital using the Amazon.com PSN store. New digital games for £37 sounds excellent to me.

So I've got a UK PSN account on my PS4 (or will do when it arrives) and on my Vita.
I add a US PSN account to my PS4, buy games on Amazon, apply them to my US account & I can just play everything on my UK account on both my PS4 and Remoteplay on my Vita, right?

I'm guessing I could also buy US PSN $$$ and buy games directly from there if Amazon don't have them?

I'm trying to see a flaw in this plan, but it doesn't seem like there is one. Am I going to get issues playing with UK people, or any DLC woes?
Can somebody please set my mind at rest?

Brohan

I've asked it a bunch in some other threads but I really need to be certain. Can I hook up the PS4 to my monitor which has no HDMI input? Someone told me it wouldn't work with VGA converter but a HDMI to DVI converter should work. Could someone confirm this for me?

Should work with a HDMI to DVI converter, but only image, no audio.

Luckily you can just plug in headphones into your DS4 and Let the game audio go via the controller.

Certinty

So, my plan, I think, is to go all-digital using the Amazon.com PSN store. New digital games for £37 sounds excellent to me.

So I've got a UK PSN account on my PS4 (or will do when it arrives) and on my Vita.
I add a US PSN account to my PS4, buy games on Amazon, apply them to my US account & I can just play everything on my UK account on both my PS4 and Remoteplay on my Vita, right?

I'm guessing I could also buy US PSN $$$ and buy games directly from there if Amazon don't have them?

I'm trying to see a flaw in this plan, but it doesn't seem like there is one. Am I going to get issues playing with UK people, or any DLC woes?
Only problems I can think of:
- If you buy another PS4 you'll have to use your US account to play those games
- You can't play your games at a friend's house or wherever on your main account
- You'll most likely have to buy DLC from the US store

Storm360

You need to buy DLC from the US store, generally you'll be fine with multiplayer, although there are some exeptions (e.g DeS on the PS3 has different publishers for every region)

Carlow

Sky Sports F1 running 4theplayers ads pretty much every ad break...

It's going to be a long week.

was 1 during half time for Man City Vs Spurs aswell.

and for those that are new to DPD, your'll likely get a text/e-mail on the Night/early on the day of delivery from them, your'll be able to say leave with neighbour/delivery the next day etc.

also the most annoying feature ever: GPS/real time tracking of your delivery van. friday will be a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long day for some. :D

robo

Think the dlc could be an issue, think cod has rules over what dlc pack works with what version if the game. This was on retail version, not sure on digital ones, but I would stick to same region.

Already have my us account from ps3 so will check the new stores out when I get mine Friday.

Carl

and for those that are new to DPD, your'll likely get a text/e-mail on the Night/early on the day of delivery from them, your'll be able to say leave with neighbour/delivery the next day etc.

also the most annoying feature ever: GPS/real time tracking of your delivery van. friday will be a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long day for some. :D

Wow what really? That's pretty cool

Mikeside

Only problems I can think of:
- If you buy another PS4 you'll have to use your US account to play those games
- You can't play your games at a friend's house or wherever on your main account
- You'll most likely have to buy DLC from the US store

1 - As in if I replace the PS4? Can't I just switch the new one to be my primary PS4 for both accounts? I'm not likely to have multiple at once.
2 - Not worried about this
3 - That shouldn't be an issue either, so long as I can get PSN$, which I can do from Amazon. All good.

You need to buy DLC from the US store, generally you'll be fine with multiplayer, although there are some exeptions (e.g DeS on the PS3 has different publishers for every region)

I guess this could be an issue, but then with the cash I'll be saving on games, I probably won't mind having to rebuy a game if this scenario plays out at some point.

Cheers for your help, guys - I really can't wait for this thing to arrive!

SnowHawk

Can you post up the email?

3ow6o65dx

Sorry about the sticker I'm on my phone and had to block my address and order number. Lol

I don't know if the image works or not. I do apologise.

Certinty

1 - As in if I replace the PS4? Can't I just switch the new one to be my primary PS4 for both accounts? I'm not likely to have multiple at once.
You're good to go then, what I said would only apply if you were going to have 2 systems at the same time.

I think whenever I do buy digital games it will be from the US Store as well.

WJD

Finally held a DS4 today and my word, it's wonderful. Infinitely better than the horrible DS3.

Really excited now.

3ow6o65dx

Sorry about the sticker I'm on my phone and had to block my address and order number. Lol

I don't know if the image works or not. I do apologise.
This is what mine says too. Weird, because for the Xbox One the email stated it would be picked up on Thursday for delivery on the Friday.
I'm sure this is no different and they've changed the wording to cover their backs a bit

maltrain

Hi. I'm chilean and here, like you all, we'll receive the PS4 next friday.

And today... pre-sales SOLD OUT in some big stores!!! :O

Luckily, I have mine ready for friday. :)

Finally held a DS4 today and my word, it's wonderful. Infinitely better than the horrible DS3.

Really excited now.

Oh man the controller is a masterpiece. The audio that you get from the controller is amazing too. I plugged in my BOSE earbuds and was just blown away by what I was hearing. It enhanced the Bass out of the buds and it was actual surround sound too. playing Res0gun and being able to hear the bullets fly from left to right and swooshing around your head was amazing.

Enjoy the hell out of that controller, it rocks.

Muppety

This seems like a good a place as any to put this - is there anybody living in or near London still looking for the console on day one? I've got the mega/player bundle from Shopto (still waiting for it to change to processed!), so I no longer need the preorder I had at my local GAME, which is for the Killzone bundle. I think it's £400 there, but the deposit slip will take off £20.

Only looking to pass this on to someone else, I don't need anything for it.

Newlove

I'm getting 5 games - Killzone, CoD (trading it in straight away though, disappointed in it on 360), Assassin's Creed, NFS and BF4. I'm actually most looking forward to NFS and hyped for the movie too.

Inside

Meanwhile waiting in Denmark for PS4 launch
hXQ9FEi.jpg

Step 3 - games: Choose the newest and most popular games....... So this is the most popular games at the moment? Great :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Now you can add paypal funds to your PSN account, I wonder if that is an option to use with a US account, or will they still require a US billing address with paypal?

LegoArmo

Killzone: Shadowfall
FIFA 14
Battlefield 4
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Skull Edition
Need for Speed Rivals
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition

That's what I'm getting. Got decent prices on them all really.

Sporran

Saying dispatched or dispatching on Thursday?

From them email, no specific dates given. But their blog did say they would be going out on thursday for friday delivery

SHOPTO DELIVERY NOTICE

Your Order has been packed and will be dispatched with the next DPD collection.

We are pleased to inform you that your order has been packed and will be dispatched with next DPD collection. You should receive your order in time for the release date, please keep this email until your order arrives. We dispatch orders every working day up until 5.20pm (5:00pm for TNT/DPD). We do not dispatch orders over the weekend or during public holidays. There is an exception to this rule as however during busy periods (such as Christmas) we may dispatch on a Saturday.

Yopis

Can't wait till you guys get your PS4 consoles. System is fantastic. Also hope to see more people playing Fifa 14 full manual. Never seen more than 500 people playing seasons at once population wise. Hurry up Europe!

Psn kincade.

LAA

My £26 copy of AC4 for the PS4 is on it's way to my local Curry's store! Seems the coupon orders are going to be honored.

*Fingers crossed*
I went for the delivery option though... Could have used the code a little more, but only PS4 games I'm interested outside the ones I'm getting with the PS4 are BF4/AC4 and for BF4 I have 2 games I'm planning to trade in for that, still not sure about BF4 though.

Has anyone had a "dispatch e-mail" for a mega bundle from ShopTo yet? As someone else said on this thread I think, it'll be relieving when we finally get the PS4, so we can stop worrying about it arriving and then if theres no issues with anything, ha ha.

Top Bottom