• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

Mine's still processing :(

image.php

Mondy

Banned
I'm hoping EB will be doing the queues by order of pre-order rather than first in, best dressed, because I'm pretty sure I'll be one of the first 5 people in line.

whitelighter89

Neo Member
OK, so many people have mentioned BF MP issues and this is the main FPS for me on PS4. However, nobody gives specifics on the issues. Can anyone name a few as I may just get CoD now and wait for BF4 to get fixed at a later date.

slider

This seems to be the worst thing ever; well at least in respect of preorders.

The card I've preordered the console on, with Amazon, appears to have had some unknown expenditure on it.

Just one instance I think but it's over £1500. So I'll have to cancel that card tomorrow but that'll leave my preorder high and dry. Shit.

Ark

OK, so many people have mentioned BF MP issues and this is the main FPS for me on PS4. However, nobody gives specifics on the issues. Can anyone name a few as I may just get CoD now and wait for BF4 to get fixed at a later date.

Most of the big issues were hotfixed on Friday and there's supposed to be a big patch this week to address the rest of the issues in time for the European launch on Friday. I was tempted to get Ghosts too in wake of the BF4 PS4 issues, but I've since changed my mind and I'll be sticking with BF4 now they're fixing everything.

system11

I wish I could pick my delivery method on Amazon, I'd happily pay for for a decent courier.

As it happens I have to start work at 5am on Friday, and I'm having it delivered to my work address. Really hoping it will arrive in the morning so I can go home early with a new toy.

So, is it safe to download the 1.51 Firmware yet, or wait a bit and see if another update comes out between now and Friday?

Also, does anyone have the link to the EU 1.51 Firmware? :p

Polymath

Neo Member
Starting to feel bad for not ordering one online :/ It seems most people will be getting it early or in the worst case scenario on launch day...

whitelighter89

Neo Member
Most of the big issues were hotfixed on Friday and there's supposed to be a big patch this week to address the rest of the issues in time for the European launch on Friday. I was tempted to get Ghosts too in wake of the BF4 PS4 issues, but I've since changed my mind and I'll be sticking with BF4 now they're fixing everything.

Thank you thank you thank you :)

PaulLFC

Has anyone with an order that was "processing" at Shopto not had a dispatch email yet? I know I probably won't get the console til Friday anyway, but I'd still like it to dispatch to DPD to put my mind at ease a bit since lots of people's orders seem to have done that already.

djshauny

Banned
Has anyone with an order that was "processing" at Shopto not had a dispatch email yet? I know I probably won't get the console til Friday anyway, but I'd still like it to dispatch to DPD to put my mind at ease a bit since lots of people's orders seem to have done that already.

Mines still processing :(

Yes. I'm not going to panic til Wednesday.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This seems to be the worst thing ever; well at least in respect of preorders.

The card I've preordered the console on, with Amazon, appears to have had some unknown expenditure on it.

Just one instance I think but it's over £1500. So I'll have to cancel that card tomorrow but that'll leave my preorder high and dry. Shit.

If you have a card that can be used, you can buy amazon gift cards and use the to pay off your PS4, so it doesn't need to use your card

Mine is still Processing and has been since all of last week .

To be honest i'am a bit worried as most people have started to get their dispatch emails and i've got nothing yet, but i'm not going to go into panic mode yet at least not until Wednesday.

King_Moc

Banned

They have a warehouse with thousands upon thousands of them. They're just going through them one by one.

Polymath

Neo Member
Did you order in a store? And are you UK, mainland Europe, or in the land down under?

i live in the Netherlands. I ordered 2 Ps4's, one killzone+camera+controllers bundle from "Mediamarkt" and one regular ps4 bundle from "Game mania". Both shops are 20min from my location.
I will go an pick them both up on launch day. having them earlier is still nice though :p

coljae

I have just had a shipping notice from shop to although mine says:

We are pleased to inform you that your order has been packed and will be dispatched with next DPD collection.

Tracking number given isn't showing on DPD yet though.

Order status has changed to complete also.

Polymath

Neo Member
I have just had a shipping notice from shop to although mine says:

We are pleased to inform you that your order has been packed and will be dispatched with next DPD collection.

Tracking number given isn't showing on DPD yet though.

Order status has changed to complete also.

Enjoy your ps4 tomorrow.

LAA

Are you ShopTo guys receiving these emails today or are you just late finding them?

Nope, mine came today. 5:23PM to be exact.
This was a Mega bundle pre-order too for anyone who has a Mega bundle. I was actually quite late to get a mega bundle too, I believe it was only early november where I got a mega bundle offer, so perhaps it isnt being packed in chronological order if other mega bundles havent been packed yet.

mekes

Cool, thanks for sharing. I guess it doesn't hurt to sporadically stalk my own email address then. Good to know the mega bundles are getting packed up too.

Not long now :)

slider

If you have a card that can be used, you can buy amazon gift cards and use the to pay off your PS4, so it doesn't need to use your card

Hmm. I only have the one main card from my current account. Savings etc are left in the capable hands of my wife ever since our kid was born. I even cut up my credit cards since the baby's arrival.

I guess I'm lucky in that I have the funds easily enough but a) don't want to give up my bundle, b) don't wanna queue up for one and c) don't wanna risk changing cards for my wife's / friends etc with the existing preorder. I'm obviously a little confused by the whole thing!

I may just cancel and then reorder once the card issue is sorted. I expect that to be a couple of weeks and then I guess waiting for a re-stock.

Of course, old slider would leave it be and report the odd charges until after the console had arrived but that certainly isn't the right thing to do. Hmm.

Edit: thanks though, hadn't considered the gift card route before.

So looking at GAME on Twitter, it doesn't look like any branch has any idea when they're getting stock for Xbox or PS4. That's not the case, surely? I mean, I work in an industry where there's a lot at stake if we don't receive items on time, but we're kept in the loop throughout the delivery process. Is it just a case of the people on the till not knowing what's been ordered?

KORNdoggy

Still havent got mine yet, i pre-ordered in March and pre paid a few weeks ago. Got my email confirming my purchase but no delivery code email yet.

Don't worry about it, i pre-ordered before you and havn't heard anything either. Mine went into processing a day after people on GAF where saying theirs had, so it's obviously a set list that they're going down.

Don't worry about it, i pre-ordered before you and havn't heard anything either. Mine went into processing a day after people on GAF where saying theirs had, so it's obviously a set list that they're going down.

Yeah im not too worried as i also figured they are just working their way down a list, its just the wait for the actual console thats killing me now :)

Robbok

Get up at 7:30 because you're afraid to miss the doorbell. Sit in the living room, no loud music/headhpones because you're afraid to miss the doorbell. Stare out the window for a bit to see if you can see the delivery guy. Nope, nothing. Grab some coffee I guess. Shit, I need to go to the toilet. But what if he arrives just as I'm going? Better not take that chance. Stare at clock - 7:45. Holy shit. Stare out the window some more. Double-check your email to see if it got shipped - it probably did. What if the batteries of the doorbell died? Better double-check. Nope, doorbell works fine. Damn, I really need to go to the toilet. Delivery guy will probably be here any time now, asshole woke me up at 8am last Saturday. Wait, what's that? Nope, false alarm. Hmm.. browse GAF some more I guess.

Rinse and repeat until delivery guy arrives at 5pm.
perfect description :)

mekes

Still havent got mine yet, i pre-ordered in March and pre paid a few weeks ago. Got my email confirming my purchase but no delivery code email yet.

I've got the same situation. Ordered with ShopTo very early on, payed everything off a few weeks back and still waiting for that 'order completed' email.

Probably the same as you, I just want to know I can expect the order to be fulfilled and delivered for launch :)

Top Bottom