• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

whiteape

Is there even a big launch event? It's starting to feel like Sony doesn't give a fuck now that the US is in the bag. Two weeks ago I was getting bombarded with mails and stuff from Playstation, Shu and the rest were hyping on twitter. And now, almost nothing.

Sony Germany hosts a big launchevent on thursday in Berlin, with enough PS4s, so everybody who is coming can buy a PS4 (Sony says so), with some music acts and so on. Of course no stream and nothing special like the US launch.

Ein Bear

Managed to get my ShopTo pre-order reinstated, thank god. Thanks for the help guys - sent them an e-mail last night and it's all good. :)

Managed to get my ShopTo pre-order reinstated, thank god. Thanks for the help guys - sent them an e-mail last night and it's all good. :)

hqdefault.jpg

cilonen

Thank you :)

I've downloaded it, but I'm of the mind set that I want an official release from Sony for the EU launch.

Its not on their site at the moment with no instructions on how to do it (Unless I cant find it) so I'll hold off using this until I have no other options.

Thank you!

This is direct from the Sony servers that the now missing page pointed to. It shows up as 'neogaf.com' in firefox downloads for some reason, but that link is to the real Sony server, if it helps any!

mrlovepump

Neo Member
Got my shopto "shipped" email today. Little note at the top says they hold it back until Thursday before releasing.

Got my 1TB Seagate hybrid drive all ready and waiting, OS 1.5 on the thumbdrive all ready to go. Its going to be a long week!

Gone for KZ (in bundle), BF4 and AC4 (just because I needed a non-shooter).

Loomba

I actually just ordered the Seagate 1tb sshd from pixmania for £77.99 including delivery. Seems to be a special offer at the moment.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/2-5-inch-...ml?ectrans=1&gclid=CPKYnbWr_roCFSsKwwodBkUADA

It says 2-4 day delivery so I thought I might as well give it a go.

Hope that helps.

Does help mate, thanks.

I'll probably get this, although it doesn't specify a serial number so I can't check up reviews for it which is a bit worrying. Oh well worth a shot.

DrunkDan

Does help mate, thanks.

I'll probably get this, although it doesn't specify a serial number so I can't check up reviews for it which is a bit worrying. Oh well worth a shot.

Well I actually searched for the SEAGATE ST1000LM014 and that's how I found it, and I'm sure that's the drive referenced in a few of the threads on here and various other sites.

I'm hopeful it's the same one, the specs definitely match.

cilonen

Do we know if the USB needs to be FAT32?

Yes, it does you need a PS4 root level folder, then an UPDATE folder within that, then pop the PS4UPDATE.PUP in there. All names in caps.

I don't know exactly how to trigger the update from USB on the console - I had the page bookmarked for that reason (doh) but you do go through a couple of menu options to do it - it's not automatic.

HT UK

Yes, it does you need a PS4 root level folder, then an UPDATE folder within that, then pop the PS4UPDATE.PUP in there. All names in caps.

I don't know exactly how to trigger the update from USB on the console - I had the page bookmarked for that reason (doh) but you do go through a couple of menu options to do it - it's not automatic.

Ok thanks :)

Danziger

I don't change HD of PS4 for this year....

But for 2014, i think of buy a HD of 1TB or 2TB...

With the PS Plus, 500GB won't be sure enought

mrlovepump

Neo Member
I stuck with the 1.5 even after the new update. the 1.5 was like 600+ meg but the 1.51 was 300 so assumed the 1.51 needed to be patched onto 1.5.

Do we concur?

Mik3F

I stuck with the 1.5 even after the new update. the 1.5 was like 600+ meg but the 1.51 was 300 so assumed the 1.51 needed to be patched onto 1.5.

Do we concur?

Pretty sure that only the latest firmware is ever needed as it contains everything from the previous ones.

cilonen

This was my logic but it seemed odd that 1.51 was half the size of 1.5

maybe missing the playroom or something like that.

I think you may have picked up the full recovery version of 1.50 - I don;t remember the version I had of 1.50 being that big, it was about 350Mb or so IIRC.

It doesn't help that the recovery version (from scratch for a new HD) and the update version are named identically.

Ein Bear

Thats great news. Did they explain what happend?

Yeah, turns out that, whilst I'd paid off all my PS4 stuff, they'd tried to lump my Mario 3D World pre-order in as part of it all too. I'd not bothered pre-paying for that one, and somehow the combination of paid/unpaid confused the system and they tried charging me for everything on my card. When the £500 odd charge got declined, the order was cancelled.

Struck me as a bit weird/dumb, but ahh well - they were very apologetic and sorted it all, anyway!

Bradach

So i was thinking of picking up BF4 digitally, from the US, and playing on my EU account (on Friday).
Amazon.com don't have digital codes for BF4 though so I was thinking of buying $60 in PSN credit from Amazon.com and applying it to my US PSN account and buying the game from the Playstation store for $60.

Does all of this sound like it'll work?

Flek

Banned
So i was thinking of picking up BF4 digitally, from the US, and playing on my EU account (on Friday).
Amazon.com don't have digital codes for BF4 though so I was thinking of buying $60 in PSN credit from Amazon.com and applying it to my US PSN account and buying the game from the Playstation store for $60.

Does all of this sound like it'll work?

yes it does :D

Muselbert

Do we concur?

There are always two downloads of a particular firmware, the recovery file and the patch file. The 1.5 800MB file you are talking about is the recovery file, which you only need if you install a new HDD or the built-in one gets corrupted. The 1.51 300MB file you are talking about is the regular patch. The 1.5 patch is almost the same size as the 1.51 patch and the newest version (atm: 1.51) includes all the previous updates, you don't have to do them one by one.

djshauny

Banned
Yeah, turns out that, whilst I'd paid off all my PS4 stuff, they'd tried to lump my Mario 3D World pre-order in as part of it all too. I'd not bothered pre-paying for that one, and somehow the combination of paid/unpaid confused the system and they tried charging me for everything on my card. When the £500 odd charge got declined, the order was cancelled.

Struck me as a bit weird/dumb, but ahh well - they were very apologetic and sorted it all, anyway!

Yeah thats great news my friend :)

See you online friday :D

Man I cant wait lol

H1PSTER

Is it worth upgrading to a 1.5TB now or wait until next year? I'll 100% get Destiny on it and i'm sure there will be many others in the future that I'll install on it.

-Digits-

I got my first ps4 game in the mail two days ago. It's sitting on the table. Staring at me. Mocking me. Friday can't come soon enough.

Brilliant. Those PSN cards from amazon.com, do the just email me the code or physically post the card to me?

They email you the code. Just look for the one labelled as Digital Code.

Top Bottom