• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMADAN 2013 thread of 18 hour fasts | Eid Mubarak!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh okay. I just wondered if there was anything in writing about it. My dad works in Dubai so we were talking about it earlier.

The calculation method doesn't really have any textual support. Most people who go for it do so because of pragmatic concerns. There are a bunch of hadith that refer to the sighting of the moon being quite literal, and there is little wiggle room in this respect.

It is a sunnah (supererogatory act of imitation) and quite a nice experience to go out as a group and search for the moon in the sky :D

FZZ

Banned
Eid Mubarak to those of you on the east coast and beyond!

Here in Cali we still got a little over two hours to go.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Anyone else get the post Ramadan blues? I always feel a bit lonely afterwards.

Oh and Eid Mubarak!

Always. :(

Insha'Allah I'll keep up fasting Mondays and Thursday's from now on. Also Fast the 6 days of Shawwal. I didn't do it last year.

DarkWish

Eid Mubarak!

I had my project for my final exam for my summer class due today, but I managed to finish it early and submitted it yesterday so I could celebrate with family. Yay!

faridmon

Iid Mubaraka.

To celebrate, I have acquired few new albums. To be specific; Howlin by Jagwar Ma, Wake Up by Youngblood Hawke, Evil Friends and Taion no Yukue by this Japanese band called Ningen OK.

All of them; fatastic albums, 2013 have been an amazing year for music. The best as far as I remember.

...Yeah, not feeling going out. Just prayed iid prayer, and went home straight. Have fun guys!

Eid Mubarak, but I have to go to work :(
Went to bed at 1, woke up at 4 and since then went to eid prayer and a nice breakfast at ihop. Now at work. Im hoping I can leave early and take a nap. Going to work on 3 hours of sleep is my new record!

Eid Mubarak عيدكم مبارك
eid_mubarak_greeting_calligraphy_card-other.jpg

Losing weight? All my friend gained weigth during the month Lol
I think weight gain or loss is magnified in ramadan based on our diet. So people with poor eating habits who gain 10 lbs over a year normally gain it over the course of a month in ramadan. Same thing in reverse for people who have healthy eating habits.

Tizoc

Eid Mubarak everyone! I should be sleeping soon so I can get some shuteye before waking up for Eid Prayers @_@

Ashes

Banned
For those who are about to celebrate, are still celebrating, or are going to celebrate tommorrow, Eid Mubarak!!!

/done for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom