• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins gate 0 coming to the west

Is this not eligible for the Prime 20% off preorder discount? I don't see the price change when I go to check out.

Either way, preordered. I'm so excited for this.

It usually takes it a bit before being eligible for the prime discount, both this and Valkyrie Drive just just went up in the last few minutes.

BTA

End of September for Steins;Gate 0 (so early October for me), and end of October for Root Letter...

I'm definitely getting both, but that time of year's going to be pretty busy. Root Letter might not get played for a bit, at that rate; S;G 0 is already going to have to fight with several other games for my time.

t26

They're releasing it up against FF15?

September is freaking loaded for Japanese games. You got the Psycho Pass game, Steins;Gate, Ace Attorney, DQVII, FFXV, and SMT4: Apocalypse. All of these are within a couple weeks of each other.

It is not like August is a light month either, you got Gal Gun: Double Peace, God Eater 2: Rage Burst, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X, and Corpse Party 3DS.

September is freaking loaded for Japanese games. You got the Psycho Pass game, Steins;Gate, Ace Attorney, DQVII, FFXV, and SMT4: Apocalypse. All of these are within a couple weeks of each other.

It would be one thing if it were a jrpg being released next to 15, this is a visual novel though. While the 2 games may share some of the same audience, they are widely different in terms of appeal. It's not like the people who played Steins Gate are going to be skipping this, even if they may not get it at release.

t26

It would be one thing if it were a jrpg being released next to 15, this is a visual novel though. While the 2 games may share some of the same audience, they are widely different in terms of appeal. It's not like the people who played Steins Gate are going to be skipping this, even if they may not get it at release.

Then you would have a problem with Steins:Gate 0 releasing 2 weeks afterPsycho Pass, a VN also with a popular anime.

Ravage

Hoping for a LE version with artbook. I remember that being exclusive to Amazon UK for the original Steins;Gate.

Lynx_7

Oh, crap. So I'm gonna have to choose between this or XV. Fuck me.
No I don't have enough money for both.

Kyolux

So VGP's August release date WAS a placeholder after all.

Man, same day as Shantae and 3 days before XV.

I was planning a week off for FFXV and maybe another one later in that month for PS VR and World of FF. Now I may just take my 3 weeks in a row. Not like I need them for anything else.

edit: Watch as Ace Attorney 6 gets released on that day too.

mollipen

Plus Trails of Cold Steel II, Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet, MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death, Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni, and Criminal Girls 2. Obviously not all the same target audience, but there's a flood of J-games coming out in NA this fall.

Kyolux

Plus Trails of Cold Steel II, Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet, MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death, Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni, and Criminal Girls 2. Obviously not all the same target audience, but there's a flood of J-games coming out in NA this fall.

I'll guess I'll take that over the lack of japanese games released here that was some big chunks of the previous gen.

jonjonaug

It is not like August is a light month either, you got Gal Gun: Double Peace, God Eater 2: Rage Burst, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X, and Corpse Party 3DS.

I meant good Japanese games (I've heard DQVII isn't that good though...).

Crap I forgot Cold Steel 2. I still haven't played Cold Steel 1 though, even though I picked it up when it came out. Will do the same for Cold Steel 2, but I'm going to wait at least until TitS 3rd comes out before playing Cold Steel, and I'll wait even longer if XSEED announces Zero/Ao after 3rd comes out.

I meant good Japanese games.

Not sure what rock you live under, but people actually consider 3 of those to be good. To be fair though, August is probably the lightest month for Japanese games between it and September/October, so it's surprising that more didn't try to push their games to come out earlier.

Hedgey

This release date is troublesome...
I've got Persona 5 on the 15th, the new Destiny Expansion on the 20th, and Final Fantasy XV at the end of the month. I seriously doubt I'll be able to get any time for Steins;Gate in there.

I don't think there is going to be an Amazon prime discount as it's not being directly sold by Amazon. It is being sold by pqube through Amazon so this is probably the final price.

Edit: I take that back. I lack reading comprehension skills. Will put down a preorder and when they have it up, order will probably adjust.

I don't think there is going to be an Amazon prime discount as it's not being directly sold by Amazon. It is being sold by pqube through Amazon so this is probably the final price.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Says the above for me. PQube is just listed as the publisher

GalGun had a prime discount and it was sold the same as all 3 of the games they listed last night (sold by Amazon with PQube as the publisher). None of the games even have their boxart listed yet so clearly the process is going slow to activate everything on them.

GalGun had a prime discount and it was sold the same as all 3 of the games they listed last night (sold by Amazon with PQube as the publisher). None of the games even have their boxart listed yet so clearly the process is going slow to activate everything on them.

If you call them they will manually apply the discount to all three games

saunderez

I had no idea this was so close! Just preordered the Vita version from Ozgameshop for $39AUD shipped (had $5 voucher to use from buying Stellaris). Now the wait begins. Just like when I preordered the Vita version of the first game.

Cornbread78

Alternate timeline sequel.

tumblr_oaxltuTDEa1skbmyho1_540.gif

my fav.

We have the release date. Now the slow wait for the limited edition reveal.

Is this a prequel to the original Steins;Gate on Vita?
Without unveiling spoilers, the appropriate chronology would classify it as a midquel since it takes place within an alternate timeline branch that eventually leads into the canonical ending in the first game.

We don't really have the release date, do we?
It's been saying September 23rd for at least 2 weeks on amazon uk,that didn't look like a random placeholder date to me when I preorded... it doesn't have a release date on rice digital though which I believe is partnered with pqube?

Shizuka

It's been saying September 23rd for at least 2 weeks on amazon uk,that didn't look like a random placeholder date to me when I preorded... it doesn't have a release date on rice digital though which I believe is partnered with pqube?

The publisher, PQube, hasn't announced an official release date yet, which means any other date out there is a placeholder until further notice or confirmation.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Without unveiling spoilers, the appropriate chronology would classify it as a midquel since it takes place within an alternate timeline branch that eventually leads into the canonical ending in the first game.

I have gotten the impression that people should really play the first game before playing this one. In case that was the reason the prequel question was asked.

Top Bottom