• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins gate 0 coming to the west

ffvorax

Fantastic News! Buying it for PSVITA! :D

LOVED the story of the first game, with all these endings...

Hope there will be a guide for playing unlocking all the scenes/ending when it comes out.. I would like to playing it without missing anything.

Shizuka

This is what we thought with S;G, and then it took months and months and I ended up preordering from the UK :p

Which is why I mentioned I'd order from VGP if the gap isn't huge this time around. I think PQube learned a lot since then, I'm hoping for a near simultaneous release.

Guymelef

Shine Star (Xtralife owner/Original leaker) lists Limited Edition and Vita pack (with first Steing Gate I guess).

FNK0OjK.png

Prelude.

Shine Star (Xtralife owner/Original leaker) lists Limited Edition and Vita pack (with first Steing Gate I guess).

http://i.imgur.com/FNK0OjK.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Pretty cool they're doing a double pack, even though the first one is so cheap it might not even be worth it. (Unless they have special packaging for it)

Which is why I mentioned I'd order from VGP if the gap isn't huge this time around. I think PQube learned a lot since then, I'm hoping for a near simultaneous release.
Would the shipping be better to the USA from Canada over the UK? I seem to remember that it costs me an arm and a leg when I ship things to Canada.

Shizuka

FNK0OjK.png

Nice, it's probably a launch edition like they did with the first game and Gal*Gun.

Would the shipping be better to the USA from Canada over the UK? I seem to remember that it costs me an arm and a leg when I ship things to Canada.

I think so, judging only from the geographic view. Don't take my word for it though, I live in another country.

Sorry to bump again without a release date, but it's been confirmed that the English release will be PS TV compatible (not that there was that much doubt). So I guess for those of you that just can't wait for a PC localization, that would be a cheap alternative.

Ah, the localization effort has wrapped much sooner than I expected! Curious to see whether there will be an awkard release gap been PAL and NTSC regions similar to the original release last summer. Regardless of any potential wait period, I look forward to hearing about a launch date along with the collector's set within the near future.

Ah, the localization effort has wrapped much sooner than I expected! Curious to see whether there will be an awkard release gap been PAL and NTSC regions similar to the original release last summer. Regardless of any potential wait period, I look forward to hearing about a launch date along with the collector's set within the near future.

If this happens, just means I import it again. No reason to wait 3+ months for the same game in the same language.

I doubt it, they seem to have worked out their issues with Gal Gun with EU and NA releasing within a week of each other.

Though if there's the usual bigger Rice Digital exclusive LE I'll be compelled to import.

aravuus

Time to start saving

e: for real though, September's gonna cost me more than the last 12 months combined when it comes to games. It's insane.

The game is up for preorder on Amazon UK with a September 23rd release date: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J0YCEAK/

Several other retailers also list that date now.

I smell an incoming release date and Limited Edition announcement.

Also we seem to have final box art:

Cool to know that what I heard at Japan Expo seems to be true.

For those interested with Steins;Gate and Root Letter, I was at PQube's/Rice Digital's both in Japan Expo and they're apparently releasing in September.

Take this with a grain of salt even though it came from the staff.

Am I going to have to import this or is it getting a timely NA release?

PQube is trying to get games out worldwide simultaneously. Unless there are unexpected manufacturing delays like with GalGun it should be fine. But no date has been announced for either region.

Nice artwork, I'm sold.

Hoping the PS4 version comes with a port of the first like in Japan. Got a friend who loved the anime but never played the game, would be great if they were bundled together.

On a side note, Amazon's also recommending bundling it together with Root Letter which I had no idea existed before now. Anyone know what that's like? The plot seems interesting, and not the type of game likely to turn into a big old dating sim.

Last time there was no LE for NA, and I ended up importing the EU LE. Any news on a similar situation here?
It's almost certain there will be an ESRB-branded LE, but if it's like their other releases you'd have to import via Rice Digital.

It's possible some NA retailers such as VGP might get a launch edition with fewer goodies. Again, guessing based on their prior releases here.

On the other hand they might take pity on us for having to pay $30 shipping and put the full LE on an NA retailer, but who knows.

Top Bottom