• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate 0 listed for Europe release on Spanish retailer site xtralife

I have my doubts that 5pb will ever release anything on Xbox One again after the sales disaster that was Chaos;Child.

Note that Psycho Pass, which was also a timed Xbox One exclusive, is only being localized on PS4 and Vita. And the first Steins;Gate wasn't localized for Xbox 360, either.

I mean, PC I could see happening.

cj_iwakura

I have my doubts that 5pb will ever release anything on Xbox One again after the sales disaster that was Chaos;Child.

Note that Psycho Pass, which was also a timed Xbox One exclusive, is only being localized on PS4 and Vita. And the first Steins;Gate wasn't localized for Xbox 360, either.

They really should've known better.

Well it's not stopping other JP companies. lol Experience INC

Guymelef

Well, as I said this morning, XBO included.

B3CWJg0.jpg

http://www.shinestar.es/lanzamientos/2016/08

Shine Star is the owner of Xtralife website.

If you don't believe in Xtralife with this, believe in me.

Can't believe I nearly missed this news. I really hope this adjustment bodes well for an English localization release within the next year. While it's tremendously unfortunate that Reading Steiner and his respective team won't be leading the effort this round, especially after lending their own flavor to the translation, at least it won't be another decade before another property in the series hits Western shores. Perhaps an in-house crew will preserve the terminology/dialect of the characters unlike one of the recent English manga offerings, too.

Pata

It's been listed in Amazon Spain too. Vita and PS4 listings are there. PS3 and XBO versions are not listed.

Both listings (Xtralife and Amazon.es) have in common the release date (August 26th) and the distributor (Badland).

It's been listed in Amazon Spain too. Vita and PS4 listings are there. PS3 and XBO versions are not listed.

Both listings (Xtralife and Amazon.es) have in common the release date (August 26th) and the distributor (Badland).

Itshappening.jpg

Kinda hard for it not to with how well Steins Gate did over here.

Bit saddened at the thought we might not get the other Science Adventure games, though.

Guymelef

Yeah, first list was also PS3 and XBO, but not anymore.

Game date can be moved (and probably will) but date is in Badland releases plan.

Watch as this, SRW OG in English, Ace Attorney 6, SMT4 Apocalypse and Psycho-Pass all release within a few weeks.
Then watch as XSEED manages to exceed expectations and releases Trails of Cold Steel 2 right between all these games and FFXV.

Byvar

If true (I hope so!), I wonder if this will include Steins;Gate HD, which was included as a first print bonus with Steins;Gate 0 in Japan. It would definitely be a pleasant surprise.

Squire

Banned
Oh wow, I literally just started S;G a couple days ago! I'm playing on Vita and I'm at the very start of chapter 2 (how many chapters is it?) I can't say when I'll finish as I'm hooked on Overwatch and I didn't play any S;G yesterday, but I like it a good bit, based on what I've played. Charming cast, unique tone, and fantastic art/music.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I believe this is real. Just yesterday, I saw tweets from the people that localised S;G expressing disappointment that S;G0 seemed to be going ahead without their input.
You're talking about JAST or PQube? Because JAST localized the game but PQube only published it on PS platforms and a lot of people just assume that they localized it as well.

You're talking about JAST or PQube? Because JAST localized the game but PQube only published it on PS platforms and a lot of people just assume that they localized it as well.
Talking about the freelance translators who worked with JAST and made their existence known to PQube.

Mendax

Oh wow, I literally just started S;G a couple days ago! I'm playing on Vita and I'm at the very start of chapter 2 (how many chapters is it?) I can't say when I'll finish as I'm hooked on Overwatch and I didn't play any S;G yesterday, but I like it a good bit, based on what I've played. Charming cast, unique tone, and fantastic art/music.

10 iirc. I am replaying atm, enjoying it immensely

yami4ct

Even if this listing is false, I very much expect it to be coming. Steins;Gate has to be one of the better selling VNs in the West. It would be silly to not to bring it over. If it gets announced now, though, that's far sooner than I expected. Really cool.

Here's hoping for a LE.
I bought the limited edition for PC so was crushed when they made that nice PS3/vita LE that I just couldn't justify

Phatcorns

Oh my mother fucking jesus lord christ. No amount of hyperbole is enough to convey my emotions if this turns out to be true.

Everyone’s been waiting to hear from PQube, the western console publishers of the first Steins;Gate, about the western release of Steins;Gate 0 – and now we finally have news for you! PQube have confirmed with us that they are releasing Steins;Gate 0 in 2016 in both Europe & North America on PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-0-ps4

Edit: Didn't see other thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223703

Top Bottom