• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my first TV Supergirl collectible in the mail, which was part of Funko's Legion of Collectors DC TV box. Here's the full contents.
GVbt0E1.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Four nights of super heroics, only on The DC
W
Network.

22 episodes not 23 is a strange one for the network, I suspect Supergirl had different contracts because of CBS and a full season caps at 22.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wonder what kind of deal was in place for Calista? She'll probably be flying in rather than living there like most of the actors and have a shorter shooting schedule. As long as she's there in some capacity it's all good.

Joni

I still think this should lead to some punishment for CBS, but the fact that it got renewed so that not all female lead superhero shows got cancelled, that Cat is remaining and that we will have more cross-overs now is fantastic. It is time to start setting up the real shared universe now.

ZeroX03

Banned
I still think this should lead to some punishment for CBS, but the fact that it got renewed so that not all female lead superhero shows got cancelled, that Cat is remaining and that we will have more cross-overs now is fantastic. It is time to start setting up the real shared universe now.

It'll be so much easier to crossover now that the sets will be next to each other instead of a 2-3 hour flight. You can walk from STAR Labs to the Arrow Cave to the Fortress of Solitude.

I won't hate them if they radically change the Cat Co and DEO sets though. I wouldn't miss them, and the DEO especially could use some improvements beyond "underground cave".

I won't hate them if they radically change the Cat Co and DEO sets though. I wouldn't miss them, and the DEO especially could use some improvements beyond "underground cave".

I'd imagine one area they could cut budget is having fewer extras at the DEO. They might also change CatCo to not require as many seat fillers.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'd imagine one area they could cut budget is having fewer extras at the DEO. They might also change CatCo to not require as many seat fillers.

The DEO had way too many extras. It doesn't need to be completely empty like STAR Labs - with it's invisible cleaning crew - but it can be made to be something cleaner and less headless chickens running around.

With Kara having a new office, they can use an excuse for renovations. Cat still needs an extravagant office but the whole open office area thing isn't necessary.

I do wonder how they're going to handle this, an event that leads to a merger? Will Supergirl premiere weeks later to allow The Flash to set something up for it? Will they maintain separate universes? They clearly can't just ignore the fact that for what's going to be five seasons of the "Arrowverse" Superman never existed nor beings with super powers until Barry came along, plus they already established that it was another Earth so are we going to get a Crisis on a couple of Earths? Is there going to be Legends of Tomorrow fuckery maybe?

Joni

If they knew about it in advance, they could have set-up Flash ending with an event that shows Earth-2 and Earth-3 appearing in the sky.

Sober

If they knew about it in advance, they could have set-up Flash ending with an event that shows Earth-2 and Earth-3 appearing in the sky.

They had no problem spending 7 or 8 episodes prepping for Legends of Tomorrow so whose to say they won't do just that next season?

Aiii

So not worth it
Glad the show is sticking around. Glad Calista is sticking around. Glad we're getting more crossovers. I've never been bothered by the budgets of the other CW shows, so that's fine too.

All around great news.

Joni

They had no problem spending 7 or 8 episodes prepping for Legends of Tomorrow so whose to say they won't do just that next season?

Just imagine what it would be like for them to tease it in the finale instead of moving it to next year. It will be three months of speculation, comparable to the season 1 Flash finale.

ZeroX03

Banned
Looks like Supergirl is keeping the Monday 8/7c timeslot when it moves to The CW, Berlanti retweeted it ahead of upfronts. Four nights in a row of same universe DC. Strap in.

Joni

Looks like Supergirl is keeping the Monday 8/7c timeslot when it moves to The CW, Berlanti retweeted it ahead of upfronts. Four nights in a row of same universe DC. Strap in.

They don't really have a choice. It is the only day they have without other Arrowverse show.

Magwik

Banned
I like Supergirl at the Monday. 8pm slot. They could have moved it to the Thursday though. I just wish Legends was a summer show.

Effect

So going up against Gotham again I see. I was hoping it would get a day change. Going after Flash would be good. It's not like Agents of Shield will have that slot anymore to go against it. That pushes iZombie out though. I guess they might want to pair Supergirl with something like Jane the Virgin which is also on Mondays I believe. Get a bigger lead into another Monday show.

At least this will make Gotham keep those behind Gotham on their toes. Lack of competition would cause them to slack.

ZeroX03

Banned
So going up against Gotham again I see. I was hoping it would get a day change. Going after Flash would be good. It's not like Agents of Shield will have that slot anymore to go against it. That pushes iZombie out though. I guess they might want to pair Supergirl with something like Jane the Virgin which is also on Mondays I believe. Get a bigger lead into another Monday show.

At least this will make Gotham keep those behind Gotham on their toes. Lack of competition would cause them to slack.

Monday

8 p.m. “Supergirl” (moved from CBS)
9 p.m. “Jane the Virgin”

Tuesday

8 p.m. “The Flash”
9 p.m. “No Tomorrow”

Wednesday

8 p.m. “Arrow”
9 p.m. “Frequency”

Thursday

8 p.m. “Legends of Tomorrow”
9 p.m. “Supernatural”

Friday

8 p.m. “The Vampire Diaries”
9 p.m. “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”

Also they confirmed a big crossover between all four shows. I'd make a thread, but my arms are tied.

TheOddOne

- THR: The CW Chief on 'Supergirl's' Move, DC Crossover Plans and the Future of 'Vampire Diaries'.
So, how will it do? And who’s returning with it?

Although he’s loathe to make ratings predictions, Pedowitz did suggest it could loose some of its CBS audience while still becoming a top three performer for his network. With the move — both to a new network and to a new shooting locale (Vancouver, via Los Angeles) — come questions about Calista Flockhart’s future with the series. Pedowitz noted that conversations on that subject were ongoing, and he was thrilled to hear that the Ally McBeal star wants to return, whether that be as a regular or as a recurring character. He added, “We’re happy to have her in whatever capacity that works out.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom