• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: Sweden has huge immigration problems. Sweden: No we don't, USA pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxorek

I'm not familiar with the guy, but this video seemed pretty reasonable. Mentioned the problems with accepting large numbers of people that the country can't really accommodate immediately. He didn't say anything about banning refugees or specifically Muslim refugees as he himself is of Muslim Bosniak origin and a former refugee.

Actually... pretty interesting. I got an impression from reading /r/europe that Sweden isn't handling the issue as well as some on the left might wish unfortunately.

Mr Playmaster posting that one link makes me question his motives too. Like, I haven't seen anyone post a link of that guy in good faith :lol.

Well If you want to know I'm that kind of "hear both sides of view" type of person. But this particular vid is from entering "trump swedish citizen" in youtube to hear what citizens in swed were saying about this.

Numb

An entire thread/country was clowning on Trump and one alt account went on a mission to stop this.
This is his story.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Well If you want to know I'm that kind of "hear both sides of view" type of person. But this particular vid is from entering "trump swedish citizen" in youtube to hear what citizens in swed were saying about this.

It might be naive but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (not that it's my call to make in the first place), I don't really enjoy calling people out anyway. But seriously, don't take the first thing you find on the internet at face value

Mr Playmaster posting that one link makes me question his motives too. Like, I haven't seen anyone post a link of that guy in good faith :lol.

I posted a link to his site in good faith, mainly because I do like to look at both sides of an argument and I hadn't really seen any opposition to this recent Sweden debate.

I also think it's important to see what the arguments are on the opposing side, to better educate myself on rebutting them.

Edit: Good faith is probably a bad phrase, more to inspire discussion (hopefully) against it from wiser folk.

Pulka

Everyone in Sweden except for the journalists in Stockholm and that (VERY leftist) bubble know that the immigration policy is absolute shit.

http://www.newsweek.com/how-isis-smuggles-terrorists-among-syrian-refugees-453039

Isis is exploiting our refugee program, and sadly that one kid in class has to ruin the pizza party for everyone else. If I had a bowl of 1,000 skittles and told you probably 20 of the are poisonous and 1 of them is defiantly poisonous would you take one? Im not saying syrians are skittles. Im just saying the bully (ISIS) literally has told us multiple times (especially in the summer 16) they would invade Europe and America by utilizing their refugee programs! you have the bully literally telling you how its going to attack YOU!

and im sorry for all the victims of 9/11 but that event almost happened 2 decades ago. Im sorry but we don't have the same enemy we did then, now. So could the media get over those countrys

Hope I dont get banned from Gaf for all this, and im sorry if some people feel im ignorant or whatever.

Just so you know, the bolded argument is literally Nazi Propaganda. I will assume you didn't know that so I will suggest you take a step back and re-evaluate.

Got

Banned
Okay, I'm sure there are people who don't know anything about the immigration policy, but anyone who knows what is being done/has been done knows it's not good.

where are your facts? receipts? anything? I'm guessing nothing substantiative.

Okay, I'm sure there are people who don't know anything about the immigration policy, but anyone who knows what is being done/has been done knows it's not good.

Perhaps you should elaborate a bit and not act like you've seen through the lies.

And every journalist is of course wrong.

Just for reference, what's your opinion on German immigration policy?

Mosse

Neo Member

In my experience, the ones who know the least about our immigration policy is the ones complaining most about it. They're also the ones getting their info from facebook and avpixlat

Moff

If I had a bowl of 1,000 skittles and told you probably 20 of the are poisonous and 1 of them is defiantly poisonous would you take one? Im not saying syrians are skittles.

Let's take that metaphor a step further. Because if you think some skittles are poisonous I am sorry to tell you, son, that not only skittles are poisonous, poison can be everywhere. There are poisonous m&ms, mars bars, smarties, hell even broccoli. Home grown carrots are especially known to have poisonous individuals among them.

But we have institutions and procedures to detect that poison and get rid of it, so in the end, the poisonous skittles don't really matter anymore.

Still, you might ask, must we really eat skittles, too? Don't we have enough poison already? Sure, son, but we set the skittles factory on fucking fire and we better take care of them skittles.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Let's take that metaphor a step further. Because if you think some skittles are poisonous I am sorry to tell you, son, that not only skittles are poisonous, poison can be everywhere. There are poisonous m&ms, mars bars, smarties, hell even broccoli. Carrots are especially known to have poisonous individuals among them.

But we have institutions and procedures to detect that poison and get rid of it, so in the end, the poisonous skittles don't really matter anymore.

Still, you might ask, must we really eat skittles, too? Don't we have enough poison already? Sure, son, but we set the skittles factory on fucking fire and we better take care of them skittles.

To speak clearly, the western world refusing refugees is exactly what the extreme elements in the Middle East want, it makes it easier for them to recruit people to their cause and they can point towards the west as some uncaring entity that pays no regard to the lives lost in wartorn regions.

Pulka

where are your facts?
"More than half of unemployed are foreign born"

Clearly something is wrong here. This might be an issue with the work laws (don't know what that would be called in english, sorry), but it's also a problem with integration. What is even worse for the immigrants is that there are no "easy" jobs, you need an education or experiance for any good job, or at least you need to know Swedish.

More people in the country who can't get a job = not good, right? Am I wrong?

By the way, I'm saying that our policies are shit, not that immigrants are ruining our country and corrupting our youth

Got

Banned
"More than half of unemployed are foreign born"

Clearly something is wrong here. This might be an issue with the work laws (don't know what that would be called in english, sorry), but it's also a problem with integration. What is even worse for the immigrants is that there are no "easy" jobs, you need an education or experiance for any good job, or at least you need to know Swedish.

More people in the country who can't get a job = not good, right? Am I wrong?

By the way, I'm saying that our policies are shit, not that immigrants are ruining our country and corrupting our youth

that doesn't prove your previous statement as true. still waiting on the facts

Everyone in Sweden except for the journalists in Stockholm and that (VERY leftist) bubble know that the immigration policy is absolute shit.

nvm, that you linked to an article by a what I assume is a journalist who doesn't know what you know and everyone else

Pulka

that doesn't prove your previous statement as true. still waiting on the facts
Do you mean the dumb hyperbolic statement that everyone knows the policies are dumb?
Sorry mate I can't prove that, you got me. You won this fight.

I think any immigration policy is shit argument should start with the basic premises: what do you think of humanitarian vs. economic immigration. Because that right there tells right minded people if the opinion is worth listening to or not.

CoolOff

Everyone!

receipts

everyone bigly

From 9/5-16 (Inizio):

Wzi9F2o.png

60% think Sweden should accept fewer refugees, 18% the same, 13% more. 9% don't know.

KZZIpp3.png

46% have very low confidence in our governments ability to handle the situation, 19% fairly low, 15% neither low nor high, 15% fairly high, and the small red sliver is very high.

It's not "everyone bigly", but please make sure that you know what you're talking about if you want to have any credibility in the discussion.

Got

Banned
From 9/5-16 (Inizio):

Wzi9F2o.png

60% think Sweden should accept fewer refugees, 18% the same, 13% more. 9% don't know.

KZZIpp3.png

46% have very low confidence in our governments ability to handle the situation, 19% fairly low, 15% neither low nor high, 15% fairly high, and the small red sliver is very high.

It's not "everyone bigly", but please make sure that you know what you're talking about if you want to have any credibility in the discussion.

I didn't claim anything other than wanting proof of a stupid comment. thanks for the info. i guess it's hard tio post facts for some. attack your fellow countryman for being intellectually dishonest. that might be a better approach

Keasar

http://www.newsweek.com/how-isis-smuggles-terrorists-among-syrian-refugees-453039

Isis is exploiting our refugee program, and sadly that one kid in class has to ruin the pizza party for everyone else. If I had a bowl of 1,000 skittles and told you probably 20 of the are poisonous and 1 of them is defiantly poisonous would you take one? Im not saying syrians are skittles. Im just saying the bully (ISIS) literally has told us multiple times (especially in the summer 16) they would invade Europe and America by utilizing their refugee programs! you have the bully literally telling you how its going to attack YOU!

and im sorry for all the victims of 9/11 but that event almost happened 2 decades ago. Im sorry but we don't have the same enemy we did then, now. So could the media get over those countrys

Hope I dont get banned from Gaf for all this, and im sorry if some people feel im ignorant or whatever.

Okay, look, here, watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C-ryuPII08

Edit: Woop, too late, he gone.

Syria is destroyed, Yemen is on its way and ISIS and their ilk practise murderous oppression. It should be clear there are no good solutions. But we take refugees because we honour our own values. If you want to blame someone blame the countries not carrying their share of helping refugees. Starting from the US with its legacy of fucking up Iraq and running away from the responsibility.

There's a video in this thread from a Swedish citizen but it's being dismissed here because of his political views. It should at the very least be considered, seeing as how he lives in Sweden and has a first hand point of view.

Political view of being racist alt right.

Keasar

are the statistics he quotes at the beginning wrong?

I think this issue needs to be thoroughly investigated and not ignored or belittled.

No, the numbers are definitely not wrong, but when he says he "reads statistics" it means he just "looks at the numbers and regurgitates them into a camera." He doesn't actually read and evaluate them.

What's happened in Sweden is that we have a much lower bar in the country of what constitutes rape and sexual assault. While in many countries rape might be only when there is penetration, rape here can mean touching of the genitals of a non-consenting person. We take this very seriously. Hopefully just that will make you realize that the number of reported incidents from that alone will make the numbers soar, and you would be right.

We also have a policy in Sweden to actively encourage victims of rape and sexual assault to come forward and report when it happens. They are heavily protected by law which lowers their fears of repercussions when reporting it.

This also increases further the number of reports. Think of it as sort of the same situation with what happened with autism, the definition of what autism is got broader over time, and with a broader definition you get more reported cases of autism, not an actual increase of actual autism as compared to before.

So, the problem is that when you compare statistics between countries like this, you compare number of reported cases to each of their governments, cases that have different standards and metrics in different countries. It is not possible to really do the comparison by just saying "The numbers here are way higher" unless you try to do a complete in-depth review of each country based on the same criteria.
There's a video in this thread from a Swedish citizen but it's being dismissed here because of his political views. It should at the very least be considered, seeing as how he lives in Sweden and has a first hand point of view.
I dismiss it because it is stupid, don't care about his political view.

This thread is weird. So what do the Swedish have to say? they are the ones I want to hear from because I'm so confused.

Hello, we are här and där.

Does it help if we just keep it short with "Trump is a inavlad idiot som borde sättas i fångväst för att vara så korkad som han är, seriöst, det här är bara galet"?

Addi

He is first a Swedish citizen, his views are just as important as anyone else from there regardless of his political affiliation. Simply dismissing an opinion based on that is very ignorant, he wasn't irrational in the video and it was totally reasonable. He's not saying anything about banning refugees or Muslims. He even admitted that he is also a Bosnian refugee and that he has a Muslim background.

Come on, I'll give you some red flags: "Sweden is Tumblr if it was a country", complaining about political correctness and feminism, anti-establishment (all politicians left and right are bad) and talking about how Sweden has destroyed the country by importing immigrants (notice the word importing, he makes it sound like a plot by the gouvernment).
I mean, he is not the worse I have heard, but he is only a couple of "cucks" away from being a full-blown alt-righter.

My question is though, what does Swedish immigration politics have anything to do with the US and Trump? He is using it in an inflammatory xenophobic way no matter what the facts are!

Hello, we are här and där.

Does it help if we just keep it short with "Trump is a inavlad idiot som borde sättas i fångväst för att vara så korkad som han är, seriöst, det här är bara galet"?

Atlease it's something. I honestly know 0 about what is going on with whatever this stuff he "says" is happening there and I just want inform from people that live there. I want to be informed as much as I can!

Keasar

Atlease it's something. I honestly know 0 about what is going on with whatever this stuff he "says" is happening there and I just want inform from people that live there. I want to be informed as much as I can!

You can see the rest of the thread for more indepth info, but the short story is:

No, Sweden did not suffer a terror attack from the muslims.

No, rape is not at an all time high due to reasons I mentioned at last page. In ordet to get a clear picture we need another year or two to have reliable statistics on the matter.

No, gun violence is not up at insane levels, gun violence is right now at a low like in 2005. Compared however to 2014, it did rise a little in 2015.

No, there are no Sharia law controlled "no go"-zones where police have lost control. The police released a list in 2015 of areas with elevated crime, most likely of youth gangs. Police still actively patrol these areas. But a reporter decided to call them "No Go" zones even though that was never mentioned and shitstorm enseud.

Trump is a twat, most Swedes think so I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom