• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls |OT| Monokuma and Co.

Steel

Banned
Just finished this up last night. This game did the impossible. It made me like Toko.

Oddly enough it made me like genocide jack less. She was a lot more interesting in DR 1. Well, interesting isn't quite the word, it's more like she was funnier.

Rich!

Finished it. Awesome game, but I much prefer DR1 and 2. Can't wait for 3.

Anyhow...screenshots. No spoilers.

2015-01-01-013425s0uln.jpg

This game looks fantastic for a vita game, and is by far the best I've seen on my PSTV. The above shot gives me real Majora's Mask vibes.

2015-09-06-201352f1uii.jpg

best monokuma ever

2015-09-07-015014dju30.jpg

what a dude

2015-09-07-013555wuu00.jpg

loooool

LiK

Kurokuma sucks. They overhyped him in marketing materials.
he wasn't in the game much and was hardly a big baddie. Shirokuma was in the game way more and made a bigger impact. I do love that they revealed that they're both you know who. Yes, I kept it spoiler-free in a spoiler tag.

jonjonaug

he wasn't in the game much and was hardly a big baddie. Shirokuma was in the game way more and made a bigger impact. I do love that they revealed that they're both you know who. Yes, I kept it spoiler-free in a spoiler tag.

Ending spoilers:
It's not much of a surprise. Shiro and Kuro both have Junko's VA. While it may be a little tricky to pick up on that with Shirokuma, Kurokuma sounds exactly like Junko doing her "Monokuma" voice during the class trials.

I had thought the Warriors of Hope were annoying, but Kurokuma puts them to shame there. This antagonists in this game are really lacking. I just want them all to go away, stop showing me scenes from their POV.

I don't think anything will be as bad as that Monomi minigame in DR2. that took forever~

Heh, yeah, if you got through the that RNG, this play shouldn't be too hard. I just replayed chapter 4 a few times to get everything, as that chapter is pretty much the perfect place to grind everything.

I agree with this. I was excited to see him but he was mostly a disappointment. Shirokuma delivered far more than I was expecting, and
seeing his head fly out of the Big Bang Monokuma at the end was hilarious.

Thud

Finished it, took about 21 hours on Normal. Predictable story, clunky gameplay and a soundtrack lite.

Still worth it for the fun it brings and the connections between the three games.

As usual the different artstyles and animation are amazing. Lerche upped their game after the P4 and Danganronpa anime. Well it's still not there yet. The same goes for the 3D modelling SC did, but it's a big step forward from Danganronpa.

I'm gonna go for the plat as expected. :)

LiK

I cannot find a Trophy Guide at all at PSTrophies. Kinda surprised especially since the Japanese game has been out for a while. Maybe my search skills suck. Anyway, found a Youtube channel where some guy played through the whole thing and even did videos for all the collectibles. Gonna have to replay the entire game for those since I wasn't actually looking for those hidden kids that much. Guess I'll be revving up a podcast while I do that but I'll do that later on.

Don't wanna burn myself out so soon after such a good experience. Maybe when I get back to it, a trophy guide will show up unless you guys know of one I can use now.

jonjonaug

I cannot find a Trophy Guide at all at PSTrophies. Kinda surprised especially since the Japanese game has been out for a while. Maybe my search skills suck. Anyway, found a Youtube channel where some guy played through the whole thing and even did videos for all the collectibles. Gonna have to replay the entire game for those since I wasn't actually looking for those hidden kids that much. Guess I'll be revving up a podcast while I do that but I'll do that later on.

Don't wanna burn myself out so soon after such a good experience. Maybe when I get back to it, a trophy guide will show up unless you guys know of one I can use now.

Collection list: http://unlucky-hero.blogspot.de/2015/08/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra.html

Collection locations: http://cassandracaindesiresstuff.tu...0266/danganronpa-another-episode-collectibles

There are easily findable Youtube videos specifically for the kids locations too.

Busaiku

So just hit the epilogue, but I'm calling it for today.
Does the epilogue have any game play, or is it just text scrolling?

Just finished my first playthrough of this gem at 18.5hrs. Like other gaffers have said, can't believe they made me like Toko. For all the game's flaws, really dug the relationship development of Komaru/Toko.

Other than getting the
'Hit The Lists'
Bronze trophy, anybody else find it odd that after handing over countless items over to the smokin' hot
Hiroko Hagakure
that nothing ever came of it? I was half expecting her to at some point
give you some reward,
or when you visit her later, her having actually
found some people on the list.
Anybody?

LiK

Just finished my first playthrough of this gem at 18.5hrs. Like other gaffers have said, can't believe they made me like Toko. For all the game's flaws, really dug the relationship development of Komaru/Toko.

Other than getting the
'Hit The Lists
' Bronze trophy, anybody else find it odd that after handing over countless items over to the smokin' hot
Hiroko Hagakure
give you some reward
, or when you visit her later, her having actually
Anybody?

I had the same thought as well. disappointed that
you never meet any of them. really sucks that Hina's bro died. he made me think we would meet the other relatives as well.

I had the same thought as well. disappointed that
you never meet any of them. really sucks that Hina's bro died. he made me think we would meet the other relatives as well.

Yeah Hina's bro
was so psyched, but got used like a pawn.

So far as siblings in this iteration, I guess we've got
Hina's bro, Makoto's sister, Monaca & her step brother Haiji...
Is that really it? Who else am I forgetting?

h0tp0ck3t

Other than getting the
'Hit The Lists'
Bronze trophy, anybody else find it odd that after handing over countless items over to the smokin' hot
Hiroko Hagakure
give you some reward,
or when you visit her later, her having actually
Anybody?

I think someone said before it unlocks
chapters for Yasuhiro's story you get for beating the game

Busaiku

Alright, cleared it.
My opinion hasn't really changed, I'm pretty disappointed.

I liked the higher production values, both from SC and NISA with the great localization (take that, Capcom). Since the focus was on just 2 characters, they also got a lot of development, which was great. The main villain was good too, some different stuff, while feeling familiar. Music was also really good.

But I didn't really like much else.
I thought most of the villains were really weak, with histories that tried really hard, but failed because of that.
The cutscene models were also really jarring. I thought the gameplay models had some charm, but the cutscene models were really creepy. The more animated "stills" were also creepy, particularly in the 4th chapter.
Could never get the controls down even through the end. It wasn't really problematic to take out enemies, but it wasn't fun. Autolock and fixed camera are also the worst things. Until I turned those off, I was going crazy.
As far as the general story goes, there were a few things at the very end that may have some implications later on, but ultimately, it felt really forgettable in the grand scheme of things.

Don't really have any desire to replay it or do the side stuff.
When I do replays to prep for the next main game, this definitely won't be part of it.

Busaiku

Use link on the monokumas and have them face the direction they are in the pictures on the wall and you'll see a number. The mirror is 0
I got really dumb with this.
I thought, since I was looking at myself, that counted as 1. After I got that wrong, I thought that maybe Toko was was reflected, so that counts as 2. Then they said only what cam be seen, so I thought everything I saw, so 6. Then I thought maybe the number of eyes between Toko and Komaru reflected, so 4.
I then gave up.

How do you solve the riddle in Chapter 5? The Monoku-Man room?

One of the biggest hints for me there was that Link bullets come out of the capsule machine. I still got stuck there because I thought it was unrelated because every other arcade room has a machine that pops out pretty much unrelated bullets.

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
I got really dumb with this.
I thought, since I was looking at myself, that counted as 1. After I got that wrong, I thought that maybe Toko was was reflected, so that counts as 2. Then they said only what cam be seen, so I thought everything I saw, so 6. Then I thought maybe the number of eyes between Toko and Komaru reflected, so 4.
I then gave up.

When you look through the camera with the arcade cabinet, you can see the "0" painted on top of the room. That's what the game implies with the mirror, the number only you can see.

It's a LITTLE less ridiculous than the cancer symbol.

bomblord1

Banned
This is what this thread looks like and
knowing Dangan Ronpa
I'm afraid to click any of them to find out what they actually say.

h0tp0ck3t

When you look through the camera with the arcade cabinet, you can see the "0" painted on top of the room. That's what the game implies with the mirror, the number only you can see.

It's a LITTLE less ridiculous than the cancer symbol.

Now I feel stupid. I had to look up what
the mirror
meant

Joe Molotov

My thought process on that puzzle was:

I see a 0 in the overhead, that's important. "Something only I can see" that's gotta be 0. Mirror = Me = 0 is the second digit. "Something only the others can see" that's gotta mean the Monokumas. Are they looking at each other? Maybe each Monokuma some how represents a number, but what? Wait, can I use Link on this puzzle? It doesn't say I can't. Bingo!

But the Cancer puzzle can eat a crab dick. Even they knew that was bullshit, or they wouldn't have had Haiji there giving you the answer. The only thing I could think of with Star 69 was the phone code.

I see a 0 in the overhead, that's important. "Something only I can see" that's gotta be 0. Mirror = Me = 0 is the second digit. "Something only the others can see" that's gotta mean the Monokumas. Are they looking at each other? Maybe each Monokuma some how represents a number, but what? Wait, can I use Link on this puzzle? It doesn't say I can't. Bingo!

But the Cancer puzzle can eat a crab dick. Even they knew that was bullshit, or they wouldn't have had Haiji there giving you the answer. The only thing I could think of with Star 69 was the phone code.

Yeah, the cancer puzzle was bullshit. All I could even think of was adding 6 + 9, and putting in August 15th. When that didn't work, I just kept asking Haiji for hints. What a load of shit.

Yeah, I was able to solve the mirror puzzle easily, but the cancer puzzle was bs.

Thud

There are couple of things wrong with that other puzzle

1. A birthday is a date, so that means a day, a month and a given year. They omitted the year, sure.

2. Sequence of a date. Which sequence are you aaking for? In this puzzle it was the month and then the day. But that's not the only sequence lol.

3. Zodiacs. Do you know the exact period of cancer without help?

4. Puzzle activates when you looked at the laptop.

It's not that hard of a puzzle, but you need extra info to complete it. Crabpeople.

jonjonaug

I didn't need help with any of the puzzles in the game, they were all super easy. The only weird one was the Zodiac puzzle, but that was only because it has three valid solutions by my reckoning. You guys need to play some real adventure games.

Just finished MGSV, and I love DR 1 and 2, and I'm looking for something with a bit more plot than what I'm playing at the moment. I have some questions as I didn't followed the game hype at all :

1. How much story content does the game have compared to Dangan Ronpa 1/2 ?
2. How does it play ? Like a standard TPS ?
3. How long to beat it ?

Thanks

Joe Molotov

3. How long to beat it ?

Thanks

1. There's several hours of cutscenes and dialogue. It's pretty story-heavy.

2. The game is really more of a puzzle/shooter than just a straight shooter. You have 8 different ammo types, each one effects enemies in different ways and you need to try to make the most effective use of your ammo to get a good score on each level. Although you can brute-force you way through most of it...

3. Around 20 hours.

jonjonaug

Just finished MGSV, and I love DR 1 and 2, and I'm looking for something with a bit more plot than what I'm playing at the moment. I have some questions as I didn't followed the game hype at all :

3. How long to beat it ?

Thanks

It's very story heavy. More than half of the game is cutscenes and dialogue. One playthrough should take about 18-20 hours. Add on another 5-10 hours if you replay to pick up any collectibles you miss or to A rank the chapters.

It plays like a rough-er Resident Evil 4, but with one handgun with special bullet types that affect enemies in various ways. Throughout the game you are presented with "challenge rooms" that ask you to fulfill a specific objective with specific ammo types and without alerting enemies. You can cheese almost all of the challenge rooms by simply killing the enemies normally or by using Genocide Jack, but this will hurt your rating at the end of the chapter. There are also a couple of simple puzzle rooms in each chapter, none of which are difficult.

Kinsei

Banned

3. How long to beat it ?

Thanks

Quite a lot of story. I wouldn't say as much as 1 & 2, but still a ton for a TPS.
2. It's RE4-esque
3. At least 20 hours. I believe I took about 25, but I was searching for all of the files, hidden kids, and upgrades.

Luigi87

Just finished this up last night. This game did the impossible. It made me like Toko.

Here, here. Toko was fantastic in it.

I just finished the game, absolutely great ending. Figured out a few mysteries and was so glad when my suspicions would be confirmed. Great arc, and fantastic epilogue.

Also those Afterwards images...
Insane adults the Warriors of Hope all survived, and Monaca is now going full on Monjunko in appearance.

... is it too much to hope that the Japanese version of DR3 would be revealed at TGS next week?

Top Bottom