• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox news host on possible deaths due to Trumpcare: ''We're all going to die anyway''

At least, that’s the rationale employed in an argument on Fox News on Wednesday. After airing statements from Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi and Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, both warning the passage of the divisive bill could result in thousands of deaths across the nation, the far-right network’s Lisa Kennedy Montgomery countered the left with her own attention-grabbing one-liner.

“You know what the crazy thing is?” Montgomery said to her fellow hosts, chuckling after each soundbite from the Democrats. “We’re all gonna die. And they can’t predict—there, there’s no way, unless they’re absolutely psychic and have a party line to heaven, they don’t know who is going to die, or when, or how many people!”

http://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-pr...care-republican-gop-were-all-gonna-die-629883

https://youtu.be/8QSX9fEDllo

akira28

why have rule of law or governance at all? anarchy and rule of might! no one needs health insurance in the apocalypse

Its so fascinating and yet terrifying to see all these pundits and politicians try to spin why their viewer/voting base should be glad that they are going to suffer with this new health bill.

Yeah, figured before clicking that there'd be a God/heaven namedrop. Like, fuck making the world a better place. Space genie is gonna fix everything. Just wait.

Kevinroc

So if everything is pointless, is this host give up all of her money and all of her worldly possessions?

Of course she won't.

AoM

Yeah, figured before clicking that there'd be a God/heaven namedrop. Like, fuck making the world a better place. Space genie is gonna fix everything. Just wait.

Yup. As Hitchens put it:

"Because another immoral and sinister thing about religion is that lurking under it at all times in every one of its versions is a desire for this life to come to an end, for this poor world to be over. The yearning, the secret death wish that's in all of it, let this be gone, let us move to the next stage, is present at all times."

DarkKyo

I hope Trump was watching when they said that because that's the perfect tagline.

Trumpcare: We're All Gonna Die

rjinaz

It's impossible to predict if people will die.

I mean, we're just taking away that medicine you need to live, and cutting you off from needed medical services and prevention you can no longer afford. But hey, we're not God you know. Who's to say what will happen to you. Maybe you'll follow in the footsteps of Noah and live to 700?

MCN

Banned
The funny thing is, the world would be a better place if all these republican fuckers and their supporters were dead.

Shoeless

At least it's an explanation Trump supporters can accept. And as long as immigrants and Muslims are getting it worse, that probably makes it worth it. Republican hate is an amazing thing.

Foffy

Banned
Why deal with climate, we're all gonna die.

Why deal with homelessness, we will all die and be out of homes when we're dead anyway.

Why deal with wars, the bombs blow up inside of us.

Oppo

they're right!

not only that, they're all going straight to hell!

well these pundits are, anyways.

Amalthea

Banned
It's amazing that a channel like Fox News exists in a first world nation
Do those even exist in third world countries?

I'd assume propaganda channels in failed states and dictatures are being like "We got the greatest, free healthcare ever and the great leader makes sure each and everyone is healthy and prospers! If anybody does not agree please kindly inform the authorities."

Fox News is basically: "We all die and suffer so everyone deserves to die and suffer, especially liberals and non-whites! Our great leader cares only about himself and shits on you and we're glad you even ask for more!"

Cyrano

f1c.png

We all gotta die sometime.

sinkfla87

Is that Kennedy from MTV Kennedy? Damn.

https://youtu.be/CJE9b-hdQVc

Yep. I remember my parents were watching Fox and I saw her on there and thought wtf lol. I wonder at what point did she go fully insane. One thing to take into account here (not defending her), is that she's kind of a "comedian". By "kind of" I mean she thinks she's being funny here but she's not funny and is just echoing a sentiment that I'm sure dumbasses really believe in/agree with. She probably believes it too deep down.

Maximo

Everyday im amazed im not watching some sort of parody skit these are real people, it goes beyond even just being a mouthpiece they are woefully stupid or blatantly evil.

EGM1966

Yup. As Hitchens put it:

"Because another immoral and sinister thing about religion is that lurking under it at all times in every one of its versions is a desire for this life to come to an end, for this poor world to be over. The yearning, the secret death wish that's in all of it, let this be gone, let us move to the next stage, is present at all times."
Sometimes - and I always feel guilty for the thought - I wish they'd just Jim Jones themselves and let rest of us actually get on with sensibly living out our lives.

It's an ugly thought but my patience really gets worn out by this kind of inane insanity.

The underlying double standard - she's sure not going to refuse medical treatment if needed - also boils my blood.

Top Bottom