• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen blasts NWA's "Fuck tha Police" during slain officers funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when was being a dick justification for eviction from your apartment? You pay your rent, you don't destroy shit, what right do they have to kick you out of your place? A noise complaint?

Kyzer

Banned
And you're arguing about the right pronoun. I feel you're halfway there. Join us.

Im already on the same side as you im not some blue lives matter dipshit I guess I was arguing semantically?

I think most people are arguing given NYPD's history of being garbage, despite this being distasteful we don't really feel like giving kid a lecture on respecting the police.

I feel that's really fucking obvious too.

That was literally my first post in this thread, so I certainly dont need you to say it

Dude Guy

Interesting how everyone lambasting the kid seems to have no opinion on the cops themselves protesting De Blasio at the funeral 🤔

Whatever your views on the police are, this is a human being been laid to rest by their family.

As somebody who recently lost a parent prematurely, anybody who wants to fuck up a funeral can burn in hell.

Disgusted at the comments in here.

What about the Comissioner's comments, the police turning their backs and Rep King's comments

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Fury451

Banned
Since when was being a dick justification for eviction from your apartment? You pay your rent, you don't destroy shit, what right do they have to kick you out of your place? A noise complaint?

A lot of places reserve the right to break lease under some circumstances which can be vague. That fine print.

Scarecrow

Cops: "Sure might take longer to get help to your complex, Mr Landlord, what with the 'dangerous' tenants you have here..."

Isotropy

What about the Comissioner's comments, the police turning their backs and Rep King's comments

Were they upsetting the cop's family in doing so?

If not, whatever. If yes, they're fucking it up.

To be clear: the ONLY OPINION THAT MATTERS in a funeral is that of the deceased's loved ones. And if you can't see that, you have no empathy.

This little shit stole their goodbye, he can burn in hell.

Xe4

Banned
What an idiot. no matter how you feel about certain groups, keep that shit from disrupting a funeral. If you want to picket, go for it, as long as it's not disruptive. But don't fuck with the proceedings of a dead man to score political points. It's the same standard I hold any group or any funeral to: feel free to protest a funeral (it's your first amendment right, after all), just don't disrupt it.

That said, the police respond was (as usual) way the fuck too much. The kid didn't deserve a house call of 20 cops (two would've been fucking fine), and he certainly didn't deserve to get kicked out of his apartment for playing music too loud. And them the cops turning their backs on de Blasio was equally gross towards their fallen comrade. Don't be like that now.

Were they upsetting the cop's family in doing so?

If not, whatever. If yes, they're fucking it up.

To be clear: the ONLY OPINION THAT MATTERS in a funeral is that of the deceased's loved ones.

This little shit stole their goodbye, he can burn in hell.

So wait only protests supported by the family are moral?

And jesus burn in hell?

Beefy

Whatever your views on the police are, this is a human being been laid to rest by their family.

As somebody who recently lost a parent prematurely, anybody who wants to fuck up a funeral can burn in hell.

Disgusted at the comments in here.

In some cases, protesting a funeral is a good thing

Nepenthe

Passive aggressiveness is never the right answer.

First, I don't think what he did was passive aggressive. He essentially told the cops what he thinks about them through music. That's as direct as you're gonna get.

Second, are you suggesting the answer is to be directly confrontational to cops?.... mmkay.

Isotropy

In some cases, protesting a funeral is a good thing

What a disgusting thing to say.

Go join Westboro Baptist Church if that's your attitude

If some cunt had interrupted my father's funeral, there wouldn't have been any pieces large enough to find.

Whataboutism. The Police should show more class as well - not the time or place, but that isn't related to the kid's actions.

Talking about two groups doing virtually the same thing at the same event but only one side getting punishment is not whataboutism.

norm9

First, I don't think what he did was passive aggressive. He essentially told the cops what he thinks about them through music. That's as direct as you're gonna get.

Second, are you suggesting the answer is to be directly confrontational to cops?.... mmkay.

You got shot if you do this. Don't ever do this

Beefy

If some cunt had interrupted my father's funeral, there wouldn't have been any pieces large enough to find.

Disgusting thing to say, yet you are the one going on about people burning in hell etc.

The kid probably lied when 20 cops rolled into his house. Whether or not what he said is true, doesn't change his ability to protest. Even if you don't agree with his protest.

Oh I agree with his right to protest but if he was lying, the only thing granting him a bit of sympathy in the eye of the public goes away. He even admits that the recipient of the services did nothing wrong and was only doing her job so I'm guessing he was just being an edgelord douche because a bunch of cops were outside attending a funeral.

He did something abhorrent but that's his right to express himself in whatever way he chooses. Now he's suffering the social repercussions as a result. The only thing I hope is that the police had nothing to do with his eviction.

So you'd murder someone for disrupting a funeral? Is that what you're saying?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
You got shot if you do this. Don't ever do this

I've done it inside a police station and only got a bogus speeding ticket on the way home.
It's like they were trying to prove my point about them being corrupt fucks.

Kusagari

The Westboro Baptist Church specifically goes and protests. This funeral happened right outside the kids house.

It's not like he made some concentrated effort to go and fuck things up.

Monocle

Can't blame him at all if his bro and friend were killed by cops. If that's accurate, he's a 16 year old kid with justifiable anger. Of course he's not going to pass up that kind of opportunity to say what he thinks.

Isotropy

NeoGAF's funeral-ruining defence force.

Destroy an innocent family's final goodbye to their loved one!

Absolute inhumanity going on here.

Dang, I mean I understand the kid is upset and he is rightfully so. But playing that song seem kinda the thing not to do at that time. The police aren't innocent in this matter either. A lot of NYPD is messed up with its relations to minorities being terrible.

Beefy

I wouldn't have a problem with people disrupting the funeral of an ISIS fighter, or a KKK member, or a Westboro Baptist Church member-- especially a Westboro Baptist Church member.

Also:

Paedo's
Rapists
A person that killed a friend or fam
Corrupt cops

Etc etc

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

It's worded strangely but it sounds like he was just staying there temporarily with someone else.

krazen

Poor taste, but as usual the NYPD buckles down and finds a away to out-asshole the kid by having 20 cops roll up in there.

Until they realize that excessive behavior like that is why a sizeable part of the city can't stand them community relations will remain shitty. Shouldda been a teachable moment.

g11

Kid was within his rights as far as I'm concerned.
That said, stuff like that doesn't go unnoticed so while I'm not exactly thrilled he and his family lost their spot, I can't say I'm surprised.
Probably not worth it IMO but I've never had a family member arrested/antagonized/shot/killed by the police.

What's this about the cops turning their backs on the mayor? Are they still upset about what he said about fearing for his black son?

Gallbaro

Banned
Kid was within his rights as far as I'm concerned.
That said, stuff like that doesn't go unnoticed so while I'm not exactly thrilled he and his family lost their spot, I can't say I'm surprised.
Probably not worth it IMO but I've never had a family member arrested/antagonized/shot/killed by the police.

What's this about the cops turning their backs on the mayor? Are they still upset about what he said about fearing for his black son?
They lost their overtime protecting the first lady.

Similar to how the last turn your back nonsense was all about the contract negotiations.

In the record they will say it is about the mayor going to Germany to protest their president rather than staying with the family.

Really though, it is always about money.

Sympathy for the kid.
Sympathy for the family of the fallen officer.
No sympathy for the police.

I dunno, what do you even add to a story like this? I can understand the hate on the kid's side. It's not gonna go away any time soon and I can't find any sort of wanting to be on the cop's side. I know the easy answer is to go "but it wasn't the right place" but then what is, at that kid's funeral when the police gun him down instead?

AntoneM

YEAH! Fuck those police that turned their backs on a speaker at the funeral. How dare they disrespect a funeral!

Monocle

It's an ironic intersection of adverse life stories I guess. The kid's family and the officer's family were touched by death in two very different ways that share a common hinge. There's no one side to blame here but my sympathies tend to lie with victims of police.

Nepenthe

I don't think most people here have said the kid isn't a jerk to some degree for doing what he did.

However, I hope you also find it similarly distasteful what the NYPD did at the same funeral.

I also hope that you find it similarly distasteful when the Internet and right-leaning news sites slander the character of victims of fatal instances police brutality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom