• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

UraMallas

It would be a strange thing if they did a ReCore reboot as a 'launch title' for the Xbox One where they added the missing parts, polished up the gameplay and upgraded the graphics. Then, kind of pretend like they never released it on One. It would almost be like a do-over series launch. haha

With all this Scorpio news I went back and was looking at some of the 4k screens folk took from the Halo 5 Forge PC release...

Yes please.

Yeah, I went back and played around with this for a bit recently. It really does look that good or even better... The framerate though... Not even my 1080 could make it play smoothly. In fact, no matter what setting or resolution it had framerate issues. But then again, it wasn't meant to be used to actually play the game per say rather just forge.

But yeah, I can't flipping wait for Halo PC or Scorpio. Gonna be great.

Elios83

MS must be really really confident in Scorpio to invite DF out to look at the system. I'm sure they know DF picks apart these things in depth.

It's a business relationship. DF (if it's indeed them) gets tons of hits because of the exclusive peek they will be able to offer to their readers, Microsoft in exchange wants them to help telling their hardware message straight to the public knowing that DF is a key website in this field with their technical comparisons.
So I expect a pretty positive article mainly confirming key specs of the system with impressions about the first games they have seen running on the system, I guess Forza 7 will be the main game they'll talk about.

The podcast also "confirms" ms is removing hdmi in I guess.

He says there are 2 hdmi ports, but since there's VR support I guess it can't be hdmi in since it doesn't have a breakout box, right?

You can call it a rumor but honestly it's pretty much a lock. The podcast tries to bleep it out but misses part of the words:

https://soundcloud.com/xboxcentral/xbox-central-episode-33

Listen to the podcast, you can hear what outlet is meant even with the Bleeps.

Ok that's great to hear. Much rather have DF on it because they go into detail rather than IGN. Maybe this is also an indication that MS is coming with some real power here because I'm sure they are well aware how DF operates and that they seemed doubtful about any big changes in that white paper iirc.

AmyS

I'm really looking forward to Digital Foundry this week.

They should have their Zelda: BotW patch video up (last week they said it would be up next week) as well as the Scorpio spec reveal. assuming it's them, and it almost assuredly will be.

Colbert

Banned
The podcast also "confirms" ms is removing hdmi in I guess.

He says there are 2 hdmi ports, but since there's VR support I guess it can't be hdmi in since it doesn't have a breakout box, right?

I don't think so. Jez said the diagram he has doesn't let him see the complete backpanel with all the interfaces. We will find out soon enough.

UraMallas

Yeah, I believe Jez has already confirmed HDMI passthrough is still in in a previous tweet from a week or more ago. He's in this thread, though, so he might correct me.

Any possibility that online multiplayer will finally be free? MS can still make sub money from Game Pass / Games for Gold.

No way they're giving back that money. When even Nintendo feels comfortable charging for multi, then you know neither of the other two platforms will feel the need to stop charging.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
You can change the box to simply be "Xbox"

They've already retroactively changed the boxes before

bone-art.jpg

Or they could do what I suggested

Aceofspades

Banned
Scorpio would be really underwhelming if released with Jaguar or Puma CPUs. It would a slightly more powerful PS4PRO thats released a year later with more expensive price tag and less games.

Still good upgrade for Xbox one only owners.

Scorpio would be really underwhelming if released with Jaguar or Puma CPUs. It would a slightly more powerful PS4PRO thats released a year later with more expensive price tag and less games.

If they deliver whats basically and XBO Pro at 399 then it would still be a worthy upgrade if you only have an XBO. PS4 -> PS4 Pro is a very worthwhile upgrade.

statham

Bring on thursday, this peep is craze.

fritolay

But that would not be impressive, which some are saying it is.

Yup. I still only have an X1 and the difference would be noticeable quite significantly I'm sure, but I wouldn't understand why MS waited a full year. Unless they just weren't ready. And I also wonder why Shinobi would be so impressed if it's basically exactly what most of us expected.

Space_nut

A 6TF Vega gpu with 12 GB of 320gb/s of ram isn't slightly more powerful than pro. All the CPU will do is allow more stable fps if needed. Other than that when it comes to graphics Scorpio is a good deal more powerful than pro. Scorpio having 50% more raw gpu power plus having newer architecture and way more ram and bandwidth will do wonders.

Hmmm, then I really wonder what they meant with the praise for the tech specs. And what Shinobi602 meant with that the hardware was very impressive. Could be anything then.

He meant people that know the specs or what the console can do are impressed. The mindblowing bit on the podcast isn't he sayng he thinks it's mind blowing, he is just telling what he was told by his sources.

I believe he even says people might be exaggerating (like on the it's smaller than the S bit), but overall everyone seems impressed with the thing.

rokkerkory

At least 40% more power is slightly?

When most the games will still be 30fps a Zen isn't much needed. Plus that DF info a while back said something about maybe interpolating stuff for extra smoothness!

It will be our old friend Mr Jaguar.

It's good to have the better hardware.
But if xbox 1 is any good lesson, you gotta deliver the exclusives.

If the xbone taught a lesson is that exclusives don't matter. Look at the exclusive lineup from both in first years... And xbone still was heavily outsold.

This been posted yet? I don't know them but apparently they have had the founder of Xbox in their show and Phil as well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TiC_Podcast/status/848603697903017985

The Inner Circle‏ @TiC_Podcast
Good Afternoon Xbonites, great week for us Xbox fans & gamers Interested in Scopio. Thursday the Speculation stops & DF flip flops. Savage

The Inner Circle‏ @TiC_Podcast

@daniel_cartwell Im told thursday, specs will release via eurogamer/digital foundry

Top Bottom