• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg: Microsoft won't announce any new games at TGAs

Game4life

Banned
Its okay. There will be plenty of new third party multiplat titles announced for xbox only owners.. Excited about the awards show!

Lmao, like you didn't contribute.

To add to my point, I don't inherently think list is a bad thing. If anything, it's a good illustration to broaden one's perspective of a company's output that year or across many years.

Eg. Nintendo was shat on last year for a weak WiiU lineup, yet 3DS was beastly strong from a first party perspective. Sometimes that fact does get ignored when looking at things from only one angle.

But when discussions turn to "ports don't count, but suddenly exceptions to TLOU/MCC/whatever because reasons" or "Indies aren't games", that's just irrationality.

GHG

Gold Member
So WTF is coming out for this console during Q1 and Q2 next year?

Why did i buy this thing again...?

rokkerkory

lol it was only a matter of time b4 M$ didnt have anything new to announce...

just like the x360 days...

just keep doing halo, forza, Gears.. seems to be working right?

Xbox always starts strong has games then droughtt...

xbox fanboys always argue different lol

You signed up just to do this?

Im looking forward to State of Decay, a lot. But lets be honest, thats a pretty poor showing.

They are not exactly rewarding fall 2014 buyers for their purchase.

TBF, there's some games listed under "2015" that aren't necessarily confirmed for Q3/4 ,like Fable and Quantum Break.

It's just that they have no release window aside from the year itself.

GHG

Gold Member
Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 2, don't be so greedy.

I have a decent PC and i have a decent PC. I hope this post was sarcasm.

You didnt think ahead?

Forza is my weak spot unfortunately. In hindsight i should have waited and picked the console up in a couple of years for cheaper. But damn ive had so much fun with Horizon 2.

The console desperately needs a good story driven action game or an exclusive RPG in the vein of Oblivion. Just something... Anything... That doesn't revolve around guns.

With that attitude you're going places, my friend.

wapplew

Forza is my weak spot unfortunately. In hindsight i should have waited and picked the console up in a couple of years for cheaper. But damn ive had so much fun with Horizon 2.

The console desperately needs a good story driven action game or an exclusive RPG in the vein of Oblivion. Just something... Anything... That doesn't revolve around guns.

Xbox buying guide, buy it at holiday, sell it after, buy again next holiday at much lower price.

You should try D4 if you want something different. The Kinect controls are even better after the last patch.

Good for you, but you're acting as if all the Xbox One owners won't have anything to play in the coming months, which is ridiculous. My backlog alone could get me through the whole year, and there will be much more than that. Hell, if you just bought the console, there should be plenty of games you missed to sample. If you bought the console just because it has a couple of games you couldn't resist, don't bitch, you'll get your couple of games.

Game4life

Banned

Congratulations. Great contribution to the thread with your wonderful insights on fanboyism.

StuBurns

Banned
It wasn't sarcasm, but I tend to think either console is a poor investment if you have a gaming PC, and are hoping for quarterly must-play titles. The system is going to have a bunch of good games in the first half, if you can play them elsewhere, that's fine of course, but you must have known going in that on a pure exclusives basis, none of the consoles are going to deliver that frequently.

Game4life

Banned
It wasn't sarcasm, but I tend to think either console is a poor investment if you have a gaming PC, and are hoping for quarterly must-play titles. The system is going to have a bunch of good games in the first half, if you can play them elsewhere, that's fine of course, but you must have known going in that on a pure exclusives basis, none of the consoles are going to deliver that frequently.

All it needs is for Bloodborne, Order, Uncharted 4, Wild, Everybody goes to the Rapture, No Man's Sky, Quantam Break, Halo5, Ori etc.. to all get 85 or 90+ review scores people will start singing a different tune. They just need to deliver. There are enough exclusives coming to these systems in number. If these games deliver, these consoles will be worth the investment.

Bsigg12

You'll last long.

Leflus

yo you guys are soft. you hear so much about gaf but then you come here and all ppl do here is worry about other ppls post being to harsh.. mine wasnt even that serious everyone just needs to relax
The problem isn't that your post is "too harsh". It's that the post is wrong.

Rembrandt

Banned
yo you guys are soft. you hear so much about gaf but then you come here and all ppl do here is worry about other ppls post being to harsh.. mine wasnt even that serious everyone just needs to relax

Has to be a parody account. Get a jersey shore avatar to bring it all together.

daman824

I thought fable legends is coming spring 2015? That's around the same time that Bloodborn gets released.

Got to play it a while ago. Not horrible. But I definitely wish it were more story driven.

GHG

Gold Member

Honestly... Ive never had such a problem on Sony platforms. There has always been a consistent steady flow of games from them. Even this year which was supposedly a "no games lol" year for Sony. Most importantly, their exclusive library has variety in terms of genres. I had a PC and 360 at the start of last gen and even that worked for me.

This already feels like the latter years of the 360. I guess it was my nostalgia of the 360's formative years which pushed me over the edge to buy one.

I would have hoped at the very least that there would have been a couple of surprise announcements for what's in store for q1 and q2 2015 between september (when i bought the console) and now. But it seems that with each passing day it becomes clearer and clearer that they have nothing.

If not for the Play To functionality with windows platforms I doubt I will have any reason to turn the console on in 2015 until state of decay hits.

Even their supposed network "stability" and games with gold have been hugely disappointing. Not to mention the shitty non-intuitive OS which desperately needs an overhaul. Every day of owning the console it becomes clearer and clearer to me why they are getting trounced in non-US markets this time around.

They are getting the basics all wrong and I think they are still recovering from the "its not about the games" mindset they had when they initially announced the console. Their exclusive pipeline is currently weak and since it takes 2-3 years to develop a heavy hitter these days there was no quick fix for when they had a shift in strategy. They tried to remedy that by buying the rights for exclusive 3rd party games already in development but could only get tomb raider... And hence here we are where the immediate future does not look great from an exclusive games perspective.

It boggles the mind that with the amount of IP's and talented studios they have that there is not a stronger pipeline for exclusive games. What about Rare?

Hey ho, thank god for Forza. If not I would have already sold the console on.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Im looking forward to State of Decay, a lot. But lets be honest, thats a pretty poor showing.

They are not exactly rewarding fall 2014 buyers for their purchase.

People who just bought the console in the fall have a year's worth of games to buy.

Leflus

I thought fable legends is coming spring 2015? That's around the same time that Bloodborn gets released.

Got to play it a while ago. Not horrible. But I definitely wish it were more story driven.
We don't know yet. They are running a closed beta atm, so it is possible that it could release 5-6 months from now.

I have a feeling that they're aiming for a fall release though.

GHG

Gold Member
People who just bought the console in the fall have a year's worth of games to buy.

Eh... If you have not played games on any other platform over the past year then I guess this could be true. This has not been the case for me. Not even in the slightest.

daman824

Honestly... Ive never had such a problem on Sony platforms. There has always been a consistent steady flow of games from them. Even this year which was supposedly a "no games lol" year for Sony. Most importantly, their exclusive library has variety in terms of genres. I had a PC and 360 at the start of last gen and even that worked for me.

This already feels like the latter years of the 360. I guess it was my nostalgia of the 360's formative years which pushed me over the edge to buy one.

I would have hoped at the very least that there would have been a couple of surprise announcements for what's in store for q1 and q2 2015 between september (when i bought the console) and now. But it seems that with each passing day it becomes clearer and clearer that they have nothing.

If not for the Play To functionality with windows platforms I doubt I will have any reason to turn the console on in 2015 until state of decay hits.

Even their supposed network "stability" and games with gold have been hugely disappointing. Not to mention the shitty non-intuitive OS which desperately needs an overhaul. Every day of owning the console it becomes clearer and clearer to me why they are getting trounced in non-US markets this time around.

They are getting the basics all wrong and I think they are still recovering from the "its not about the games" mindset they had when they initially announced the console. Their exclusive pipeline is currently weak and since it takes 2-3 years to develop a heavy hitter these days there was no quick fix for when they had a shift in strategy. They tried to remedy that by buying the rights for exclusive 3rd party games already in development but could only get tomb raider... And hence here we are where the immediate future does not look great from an exclusive games perspective.

It boggles the mind that with the amount of IP's and talented studios they have that there is not a stronger pipeline for exclusive games. What about Rare?

Say what you want. The only game released on ps4 that isn't on pc aswell that I found even remotely ejoyable over the past year is TLOU remastered.

-Killzone is a joke and not nearly as good as previous installments (should have ended it in favor of resistance).
-Knack is.....well let's not talk about it.
-Infamous is by far the most dissapointing entry in the series and has a terrible story, too similar powers, very little content, horrible boss battles, ect.
- and driveclub isn't that great either. Despite what the deniers say.

We don't know yet. They are running a closed beta atm, so it is possible that it could release 5-6 months from now.

I have a feeling that they're aiming for a fall release though.

It's hard to tell with MS, really.

It really felt like they want to push as many playables as they can before within the year, and thus the early betas.

Project Spark had a beta last year too, and its official release was pretty late.

Just sell it and play your PS4. Many of us enjoy the console and prefer the already great selection of exclusives.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Eh... If you have not played games on any other platform over the past year then I guess this could be true. This has not been the case for me. Not even in the slightest.

You have a PS4, PC and XB1 so there is going to be overlap for you, but that's not a common situation. Plus, PS4 had an extremely weak holiday and is making up for it in spring whereas MS has a much stronger holiday lineup, or at least would have if Halo hadn't had so many issues.

Bgamer90

Banned

Haha, really? Quantum Break alone stomps all over the "2015 will just be a Gears/Halo/Forza year" idea. There will surely be even more games announced for 2015 soon.

2015 is going to be a year in which things will go further away from last gen/cross gen but yet 2015 will be even worse for the Xbox One than 2014 was gaming wise? Really?

Yeah, people are definitely going to eat crow. I'll admit that the first half of 2015 is looking a bit slow but that's usually the case when you compare it to the jammed pack AAA Fall months.

Leflus

It's hard to tell with MS, really.

It really felt like they want to push as many playables as they can before within the year, and thus the early betas.

Project Spark had a beta last year too, and its official release was pretty late.
Project Spark's XBO beta was this year and it was essentially an early demo. It even had unlockable achievements iirc.

I agree with you about Fable's beta though. That game's beta sounds a lot more like a real beta. It even has an NDA. It was silly of MS to list it among their fall 2014 releases.

Haha, really? Quantum Break alone stomps all over the "2015 will just be a Gears/Halo/Forza year" idea.
It's really weird how some people are trying to find similarities between this gen and the last gen. Things aren't going to play out excactly the same way as they did last time.

Top Bottom